Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

Yeah exactly.  Did you not read my last few posts?  It’s mostly manufactured bullshit.  I got into a fruitless pissing match with someone saying NYC and DC are terrible places to own a business because of this, shitting on it as a place to live and apparently you can get a 2+2 with private garden for $400k...so it’s just as good as bumfuck Dakota.  I’m on your side here. 
Sorry. My sarcasm/everything else reader is broken at the moment.

21 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Fuck that.  They should absolutely prosecute them, especially if they were caught red handed.  There cannot be no consequences to actions.  I would probably be a little less upset if this were not roving gangs of criminals doing this.  This shit last night had NOTHING to do with the protests.  The protests during the day have been very peaceful.  There was NO protest on Madison or E 63rd last night at 2AM.  Make stupid decisions, fuck you.

If only there were some other topical example of certain groups of people facing no consequences for their actions that would illicit similar outrage.

36 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Why would felony burglary NOT go on your record?  The fuckers hitting last night caused tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage through either stolen items or pure vandalism.

25 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Also, these fuckers in NYC need to go the fuck home.

12 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
23 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:
No curfew? 

The curfew here was at 8 pm. They are still out. The peaceful protests are giving cover to looters/crime.

Due respect and all that.  Spending post after post decrying looting because your neighborhood got hit by idiots last night is, to me, counterproductive and contributing to the problem. Crying about crumbs on the table while your house is on fire. 

We're just fine down here in the village. Our lower floor windows are boarded up as a precautionary measure, but we and many others were out peacefully protesting the real, systemic issues well past 8pm. And will continue to do so. The looters and agitators are a minuscule percentage of the people taking to the streets, and do not deserve to receive the lion's share of the attention.       

• Like 6

Yeah exactly.  Did you not read my last few posts?  It’s mostly manufactured bullshit.  I got into a fruitless pissing match with someone saying NYC and DC are terrible places to own a business because of this, shitting on it as a place to live and apparently you can get a 2+2 with private garden for $400k...so it’s just as good as bumfuck Dakota.  I’m on your side here. 

No you said it was desirable place to live and I fucking laughed at it. Then you backtracked saying you wouldn’t live there because you have 2 kids. I’m in the same boat with 2 kids. And no, not even in my 20s with no kids did the northeast ever seem desirable to me at all. Fuck people

1 minute ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

If only there were some other topical example of certain groups of people facing no consequences for their actions that would illicit similar outrage.

Due respect and all that.  Spending post after post decrying looting because your neighborhood got hit by idiots last night is, to me, counterproductive and contributing to the problem. Crying about crumbs on the table while your house is on fire. 

We're just fine down here in the village. Our lower floor windows are boarded up as a precautionary measure, but we and many others were out peacefully protesting the real, systemic issues well past 8pm. And will continue to do so. The looters and agitators are a minuscule percentage of the people taking to the streets, and do not deserve to receive the lion's share of the attention.       

A) your handle is awesome.

B) this is not how it works. At least in my minuscule experience: riots/looters are getting the full attention of the media. The same media that apparently is laying off people in the droves right now bc Covid even though financially they are fine. The same media (outside of Fox) that hates Trump but covers him probably more than any President. The same media that’s saying protests are peaceful but has a night crew dedicated to each place where “violence” might break out. 

C) Acknowledged that the rioters/looters area small percentage.

D) Glad you are boarded up safe.

E) how were the protests? I have heard amazing stuff about them. What was the experience like? 

Why not protest during the day? Why do it at night when the legitimate peaceful protests provide cover to these roving criminal groups (less than the last two nights due to closing off Manhattan, but still happening).

I'm very concerned that this shit sets us back with reopening, which will make the anger and suffering worse in the city.

And how exactly are these protests going to result in REAL change? This is the part that seems a lot less organized, similar to the yellow vest protests. There should be better organization, but there is not.

Why not protest during the day? Why do it at night when the legitimate peaceful protests provide cover to these roving criminal groups (less than the last two nights due to closing off Manhattan, but still happening).  
I'm very concerned that this shit sets us back with reopening, which will make the anger and suffering worse in the city.

And how exactly are these protests going to result in REAL change? This is the part that seems a lot less organized, similar to the yellow vest protests. There should be better organization, but there is not.

I’m concerned about the setback for reopens in my state too. I thought we could’ve opened 2 weeks ago but most rumblings I hear is June 15. NY might see a decent setback

4 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

1. Because I worked from like 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. And the NYPD isn't going to arrest my peacefully protesting white ass unless I literally club one in the face. Using my privilege to advance the rights of minorities and all of that jazz. 

2. It's nothing but awareness, in my opinion. Suburban white people pay attention to people in the streets. My 60 year old mother in rural Texas posted a black square on her Instagram today (something I didn't know she knew how to do). She sure as shit hasn't done anything even that small in response to the hundreds of other black people innocently killed by police officers.  I've been donating to the ACLU, Campaign Zero, BLM, etc. for years, and nothing changes. And, frankly, given factors that we aren't allowed to discuss in this forum, things likely will not change this time around either. But at least voices will be heard. 

3. To be clear, I wish the looting weren't happening. It clearly distracts from the cause. But not worth the disproportionate attention it's receiving from the media and bystanders in my opinion. 

• Like 3

Just spitballing here, but maybe some of them actually have jobs?
Some do. Some don't. After the shit Sunday and Monday night, I think it is in the best interest of the protests, and it will really keep the message on point, to limit it to the hours allowed under the curfew (i.e. head home at 8PM).

Then have large, well organized, peaceful marches (we are seeing thousands and tens of thousands, but I think NYC could get it much larger) on the weekends.

1. Because I worked from like 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. And the NYPD isn't going to arrest my peacefully protesting white ass unless I literally club one in the face. Using my privilege to advance the rights of minorities and all of that jazz. 
2. It's nothing but awareness, in my opinion. Suburban white people pay attention to people in the streets. My 60 year old mother in rural Texas posted a black square on her Instagram today (something I didn't know she knew how to do). She sure as shit hasn't done anything even that small in response to the hundreds of other black people innocently killed by police officers.  I've been donating to the ACLU, Campaign Zero, BLM, etc. for years, and nothing changes. And, frankly, given factors that we aren't allowed to discuss in this forum, things likely will not change this time around either. But at least voices will be heard. 
3. To be clear, I wish the looting weren't happening. It clearly distracts from the cause. But not worth the disproportionate attention it's receiving from the media and bystanders in my opinion. 
My issue with the looting isn't because I've heard the media talk about it (tonight was the first time I watched anything, and it was pretty even toned). I was constantly awakened by sirens and phone alerts when shit was going down near me, until I finally gave it up and got up at 5.

Further, I detest theft and vandalism. I always have. Been victim to it too many times, so it leaves a real bad taste in my mouth. This especially does because this is my neighborhood, and it is frustrating.

Oh, so you have work hours like me.

Awareness is fine, but change has to come. Awareness is not enough anymore.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

You are citing no sources, no research to the claim of “most racist are distrustful outside their own ethnic group.”  Do you know how dumb that sounds?  Citing a claim with no evidence?

Costa Ricans absolutely hate people from Nicaragua and call them “niggas”. Is that good enough for you?

Edited by justhookit
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

Conflicting stories on social media about a peaceful protest that was just gassed by Lewisville PD.

You can draw your own conclusions once reading the social media posts. 

You should see the Tech Rivals.com board right now. A thread started about some people on Facebook condemning racism on TexAgs and it devolved into a complete racist shitshow. I'm trying to get them to scrub any old articles I wrote for them 10+ years ago because I don't want my name associated with that website anymore, especially since the Rivals.com mainboard is literally an unmoderated cesspool of racism.

6 hours ago, Newdoc said:

Ok. Lol. I’ve been on a frickin rant all day because most of these people on social media will put out some quotes by black leaders, black out their profile pics and call it a day.

Get off your ass and do something. Donate to the innocence project, food bank, tutor kids in the inner city, volunteer for meals on wheels or CASA, write to your city council and make sure they are keeping police accountable. Help CPS. Support teachers in the impoverished school districts but damn, stop your GD virtue signaling.

Or do all of it?

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

My issue with the looting isn't because I've heard the media talk about it (tonight was the first time I watched anything, and it was pretty even toned). I was constantly awakened by sirens and phone alerts when shit was going down near me, until I finally gave it up and got up at 5.

Further, I detest theft and vandalism. I always have. Been victim to it too many times, so it leaves a real bad taste in my mouth. This especially does because this is my neighborhood, and it is frustrating.

Oh, so you have work hours like me. emoji3.png

Awareness is fine, but change has to come. Awareness is not enough anymore.

Anything else the protesters can do to make this more convenient for you?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

10 minutes ago, Genco said:

Anything else the protesters can do to make this more convenient for you?

I think she was referring to the looting, rioting, and anarchy outside her doorstep, not the protests in general.

Protest away. I’m all for reforming our criminal justice system and use of force policies that disproportionately affect minorities. But the protests at night are now cover for riots and looting by shitheads. More people have already died as a result of the nighttime riots than all unarmed African Americans killed by police last year. This serves nothing and is unsupported by the vast majority of African Americans. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

I think she was referring to the looting, rioting, and anarchy outside her doorstep, not the protests in general.

Yeah my comment was responding to multiple posts up thread. She's got some really good ideas for what's "in the best interest of the protest." And coincidentally all of them align with her own self interest (win/win). Maybe if they can get organized within the boundaries of the curfew, they can put together a slide deck of best practices for the next round of spontaneous, once-in-a-generation civic unrest 30 years from now.

Edited by Genco
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

No you said it was desirable place to live and I fucking laughed at it. Then you backtracked saying you wouldn’t live there because you have 2 kids. I’m in the same boat with 2 kids. And no, not even in my 20s with no kids did the northeast ever seem desirable to me at all. Fuck people

I said I wouldn’t want to live there with 2 kids but cited rent prices as indicative of it being a high demand location.  That’s not back tracking, that’s saying many don’t feel the same about raising families in a large city that you and I do, which was precisely my point.  

5 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

You should see the Tech Rivals.com board right now. A thread started about some people on Facebook condemning racism on TexAgs and it devolved into a complete racist shitshow. I'm trying to get them to scrub any old articles I wrote for them 10+ years ago because I don't want my name associated with that website anymore, especially since the Rivals.com mainboard is literally an unmoderated cesspool of racism.

Link? Screen cap?  Copy/paste. Something brother, bring the beans dude

Just now, Wally Fairway said:

What if curfews are really being implemented primarily to make lawful marches, protest and gatherings and unlawful act thus allowing a military/police state to override the constitutional right to assemble by a mayor or local authorities temporary power. 

Folks here are suprisingly nonplussed and dismissive of the use of military force against citizens lawfully exercising their right to peacefully protests. Turns out it's a feature, not a bug

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Oh I have ventured into the texags political forum before.  Good lord.

6 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Never have been on that board.

Hell the 24/7 one is beating enough...

6 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Oh I have ventured into the texags political forum before.  Good lord.

Not sure why you'd do that. It's like watching 250 monkeys trying to fuck a door knob and every single one of them missing the entry point.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, huge said:

There was no rioting or looting in Houston last night. This after estimated 60k turned out for the protest/rally.

Amazing what happens when police don't set out with the goal to suppress the speech of the protesters and actually make an effort to hear them and be seen supporting their cause. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Amazing what happens when police don't set out with the goal to suppress the speech of the protesters and actually make an effort to hear them and be seen supporting their cause. 

It’s amazing when no looting and mayhem occurs...

Chicken or egg, but keep on pointing the finger...  the cops ain’t planting the incel soy boys who keep fucking shit up.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

7 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

That's interesting.  I don't really think of Tech as a haven of insularity and racism, although I guess the ingredients could be there from some of the more small-town students, as if any school in Texas has a monopoly on them.

One of my best friends growing up had parents that met at Tech (from Lamesa and Kerrville).  Once at the store when he was little, he had heard "negro" and conflated it with "eggroll" and started asking his mom if that "guy was an eggroll."  His mom freaked and I think might have spanked him in the store.  That would have been about 1970.

8 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Ooh you can’t say that here bc everyone hates Art

• Like 2

We’re presently at a graduation ceremony for a high school that is heavily minority. At the beginning, they played the national anthem. about half of them sat or kneeled. Several fists were raised for the duration.

I like what I saw. I like this generation. Which is good, because they’re gonna have to save us.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Ooh you can’t say that here bc everyone hates Art

I'm part of that group, Art is a sheister who defended his officers murder of the Tuttles and has generally not been great for police accountability in the cities he's in. But HPD did it right yesterday

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

We’re presently at a graduation ceremony for a high school that is heavily minority. At the beginning, they played the national anthem. about half of them sat or kneeled. Several fists were raised for the duration.

I like what I saw. I like this generation. Which is good, because they’re gonna have to save us.

I'm afraid this generation is more concerned about themselves (look at me stuff) than they are about making the world a better place.  Hope I'm wrong, but I don't have a lot of faith.  

• Like 1