Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

Because it's not just about the people who are killed, but instead about systematic heavy-handed oppression of black people by police? Explain why the vast majority of people jailed in this country are people of color. I'll wait.

This should be non-controversial, but I think holding police departments more accountable and empowering them to community police will spill over into less overall abuse by cops, and therefore, less racial oppression. Better trained and accountable police is all we can ask of law enforcement.

Police reform is not easy. Nor is it the end all be all in racial and economic disparity.
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Cool thread hijack by the new poster with a nonstop stream of alt-right propaganda.

So its like CR where it’s a nonstop stream of leftist propaganda? He’s posting videos and news about what’s happening around the country and because it doesn’t make your “team” look good you call it propaganda and beg moderators to silence him. Fucking pathetic

• Like 6
  • Fuck You 5

1 minute ago, Chooky said:

The last time I saw this much spam was when I opened a literal can of Spam. Mmmm. Spam.

You know, that's on apocalypse food I haven't indulged in during this pandemic.  A pan-fried Spam sammich with mustard on white bread.  Tastes like...being poor (or scrounging up what's in the food box at the hunting lease).

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You know, that's on apocalypse food I haven't indulged in during this pandemic.  A pan-fried Spam sammich with mustard on white bread.  Tastes like...being poor (or scrounging up what's in the food box at the hunting lease).

Shit I grew up with a Filipino best friend. I ate a shitload of Spam growing up.

• Like 2

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

Shit I grew up with a Filipino best friend. I ate a shitload of Spam growing up.

Island people, man.  Filipinos, Hawaii, Samoa -- if you knew any of those dudes, you at Spam at their house.  I was down.  Especially with the Filipinos, because we got lumpia too.

15 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Racism is all over. The North and Midwest are just as bad if not worse. But the WORLD is really bad. Europe is shockingly racist. We just don’t see it because we live in our bubble. And I also don’t mean to say oh everyone is racist, it’s not a US problem. We definitely have a problem and need to address it. I just think people are blind to how fucked up the world is at times. People see differences and get scared. People form teams and circle the wagons. It’s what humans do. That’s fine when it’s a sports team, but bad when it’s race. Because these behaviors are learned. 

I worked in Buffalo for a bit. Upstate/Western NY is racist as fuck. Exhibit A:

Kimberly-Beck.jpg

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I know this will be controversial and stepping directly on sacred soil, but I'm going there anyway. Here goes. I prefer it with mayonnaise. Come at me, bruh.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Also, in terms of effective management of grievances, and why there are such forceful demonstrations out there now....something was bugging me in the back of my head.

I finally realized what it was.  It was the wisdom of that renaissance man and philosopher, a man who observed that "pain don't hurt" -- Dalton, from Road House:

tenor.gif?itemid=6055770

There's a time for everything.  The minority community has asked nicely, for a long time now, for society as a whole to address these issues.  They were told to STFU.  So....they followed the Book of Dalton.

Also, a message from my colleague (that is, he's also a fellow attorney), the Rev. Joseph Parker:

“The reason there are visible and vocal protests is that we still have hope. We are protesting because we believe that something can be done.”

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Chooky said:

I know this will be controversial and stepping directly on sacred soil, but I'm going there anyway. Here goes. I prefer it with mayonnaise. Come at me, bruh.

Futureman sock confirmed 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Or living in Honolulu.

1 minute ago, Underdog said:

Not gonna lie, I support any and all looting of Best Buy cuz, FUCK BEST BUY with a rusty forklift. 

I feel kinda bad when I take joy seeing the destruction of places I hate. Glass breaking beneath an AT&T sign makes me Robert Redford Jeremiah Johnson gif.

• Like 1

Guest Lobo
2 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

How does one steal a forklift?   thats the most impressive thing ive seen yet. 

Yeah,  how did he start it?  Those things are never just left with the Keys up in  the "sunvisor"  

He obviously knew his way around one though, he gets to the pylons and backs it up ever so slightly so he only grazes one, and not two.  and he put the forks at just the right spot on the mast to press the glass/plywood inward so they'd shatter forward.  I'm guessing he'll be hired out by looting crews nationwide with this on his CV.

Island people, man.  Filipinos, Hawaii, Samoa -- if you knew any of those dudes, you at Spam at their house.  I was down.  Especially with the Filipinos, because we got lumpia too.

Spam-No way in hell. But one of the reasons I remember the PI so fondly was that I could get Lumpia, fried rice and a San Miguel for one dollar! The bonus prize was an LBFM sitting on my lap while I ate. I’d throw my girl 2 dollars and they thought I was King. Those were the glory days my friend!
  • Haha 1

I'm reserving judgement on the forklift guy at Best Buy. How do we know he wasn't earnestly trying to pick the store up and relocate it in a safer environment? His heart could've been in the right place. This is why it's important to listen to each other in these tumultuous times before hurling bricks and grenades. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Sixty years ago segregationists  used the authoritarian language of "law and order" in a losing attempt to preserve the status quo and wound up on the very, very wrong side of history.

John Lawrence is going to one day have to tell his grandkids where he stood in 2020. 

3 minutes ago, Chooky said:

I'm reserving judgement on the forklift guy at Best Buy. How do we know he wasn't earnestly trying to pick the store up and relocate it in a safer environment? His heart could've been in the right place. This is why it's important to listen to each other in these tumultuous times before hurling bricks and grenades. 

The problem is you have all the good fork lift drivers intermingled with bad forklift drivers. We need the good forklifts to go home at curfew so we can call out and pull over the bad ones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Sixty years ago segregationists  used the authoritarian language of "law and order" in a losing attempt to preserve the status quo and wound up on the very, very wrong side of history.

John Lawrence is going to one day have to tell his grandkids where he stood in 2020. 

Fuck you.

Robbing a fucking train is wrong.

Smashing a forklift into a Best Buy is wrong.

Looting stores in NY is wrong.

• Like 8
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

Fuck you.

Putting a saddle on a manatee and training it like a horse and riding it while wearing a Lone Ranger costume and then getting bored with all of that and then releasing the manatee and right as it thinks it's returning to freedom you run over it on purpose with a speed boat is also wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Fuck you.

No, fuck you man. Guy spams the board with Laura Ingrahm, Andy Ngo, Jack Poseibic and Tucker Carlson. Made a post arguing there's no racial bias in the criminal justice system

Dude clearly has an agenda. Which is fine. In the CR. 

But keep white-knighting for the racist troll you fucking clown.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

The problem is you have all the good fork lift drivers intermingled with bad forklift drivers. We need the good forklifts to go home at curfew so we can call out and pull over the bad ones.

It's just a few bad apples. They are heroes just trying to get home to their families. 

• Haha 1

God Bless Ben Crump.

Wow!  I'm so glad he finished with saying, "Let's take a breath for all people, whether black, red, yellow, white, or any color who are unjustly killed by the police...".

That was big and too seldom mentioned.

• Like 3

Also love that Crump said they expect to hear of more arrests of the Heroes who took part in the torture and murder.

It won't happen, but the executioner's gurney is what should be coming for all of them.

On second thought, that'd be too humane.  Gen pop for life, which will be short, I'm sure.

Guest Lobo

Uh, no CR...but it's really starting to seem like police are intentionally shooting tear gas canisters directly at media personnel.  The giant shoulder-mounted cameras being a magnet for the canisters.  Maybe it's all the chaos around them and they're just firing indiscriminately, but they seem to be finding their way to a disproportionate number of camera crews.  I'm sure their brilliant thinking being, "If we clear the media out of here, nobody will see what we do next."  But of course half the protestors have camera phones, so not real sure what the all-stars in blue are actually thinking.  Probably not much.  

I still think the most effective thing to truly get into their heads with signage, would be no threats of violence, no profanity, nothing like that.  Just a sign directed at police that simply says:

"Your children are being raised by cowards." -or- "Your children are being raised by racists." -or- "Your wife is married to a murderer." 

We're still workshopping 'em