Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

He's not a media member.  He's a nothing.  He made up a very dangerous, completely fake story, about a planned terrorist attack, diverting valuable police resources and adding incredible tension to a dangerous time.  He's an enemy propagandist with a mission of destabilizing our country, plunging it into further violence, for his political advantage.

In other words, he's everything you claim to hate in antifa, but he gets a pass.  

Identity Europa gets a pass.

All the folks on "your team" creating false and dangerous narratives, get a pass.  Fuck this shit.

I mean it's against the law to yell "Fire!" in a theater or "Bomb!" at the airport, right? This isn't a whole lot different is it?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I mean it's against the law to yell "Fire!" in a theater or "Bomb!" at the airport, right? This isn't a whole lot different is it?

It's honestly not.  He's inciting and inflaming an insurrection.  That said, we'll all be better served by not going down that particular road.  Because under AG Barr.....he'll prosecute the statement of "black lives matter" and "we should hold police accountable" as inciting an insurrection.  

48 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Boogaloo is a term used by a certain group of people for a future civil war that they want.   Label that however you want.

I'm honestly surprised the boogaloo nuts aren't out there a lot more.  Then again, they recognize a lot of cops would "light em up".

Saw a piece the other night on the Boogaloo movement and it made the argument it doesn't really fall neatly along hard-core right or left on the political spectrum. I'm not sure that's necessarily accurate or not but they were talking to a kid who was Boogaloo'ed up who was talking about racist cops and brutality, etc. He was white as could be.

4 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

I'm all for protests and all that.  But at what point do the protestors actually "win".  Like...what does society have to do for them to go home?  Run out of smore schnopps?

They'll be satisfied when the longhorns run back a kickoff for a touchdown

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

I'm all for protests and all that.  But at what point do the protestors actually "win".  Like...what does society have to do for them to go home?  Run out of smore schnopps?

Good question and the answer is I don’t know, I don’t think anyone does.  This is no longer just about an extrajudicial killing but more about making people in power uncomfortable. How uncomfortable is the unknown variable. 

8 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

There is a thread here about fixing the police.  Many of those ideas, and others, are already being teed up in Congress, state legislatures, and by city councils and commissions.

A win is actual changes to law and policy.  Some are already happening.  The pressure will continue until a point where enough of them happen.  And even then, a movement and infrastructure has been built that will continue to birddog law enforcement for a long time to come.  And most importantly, now they have broad public buy-in and credibility.  They won't be casually dismissed by the "gotta be tough on crime!" brigade.

Eventually the protests will die down but I'd say the protesters have "won" in that 1) Chauvin was arrested/charged, 2) the other three cops were charged (although taking 9 fucking days is shameful), 3) enhanced charges for Chauvin, 4) Louisville is severely curtailing no-knock warrants, and 5) many elected officials have found religion. It's up to the protesters to follow though in state/local elections and to hold them accountable.

15 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Allow their employers, clubs(extracurricular activities, not dance), schools, churches, etc... to start doing what they normally do.

23 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

I'm all for protests and all that.  But at what point do the protestors actually "win".  Like...what does society have to do for them to go home?  Run out of smore schnopps?

I Understood That Reference GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by Js1
  • Like 2

Clicked on a twat, saw that Vidor Texas was "trending," and out of curiosity clicked to see what was up, knowing that town's reputation.

And then, I see that it's about this:

Now, I'm of two minds about this post: a) ItsaTrap!Ackbar.gif or b) ItsaHoax!Trump.gif

I personally believe, it's more than likely the latter. The reason I point this out is that this twitter shit can be fucking toxic. Lot's of disinformation is being pushed out there by bad actors with all kinds of agendas. I've cross posted this over in the CR thread too as a reminder that everyone of us from ALL SIDES need to take care and do our due diligence before posting shit if we want to keep this entire site/country from tearing itself apart because there are some bad actors on BOTH SIDES trying to achieve that here and out there right now.

Take, for example, yet another example that Project Veritas, which is a shit organization that no one should ever take anything they say seriously. I know, "water is wet."

Edited by bolverk
Holy shit! I hadn't yet seen Vic's post above.

So, as a whitey, how am I supposed to know what all this boogaloo, antifa, bookstore, secret society of No Homer's stuff is?  If they're the drivers of the revolution, they need to improve their marketing to get us normal folk involved.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Holy shit I wish someone would tell me that's fake, because it's a crying shame that there's anyone that ignorant using up oxygen.

That dad is pretty much just your average fox viewer.   Hell he's probably considered enlightened in that circle.

40 minutes ago, Genco said:

Eventually the protests will die down but I'd say the protesters have "won" in that 1) Chauvin was arrested/charged, 2) the other three cops were charged (although taking 9 fucking days is shameful), 3) enhanced charges for Chauvin, 4) Louisville is severely curtailing no-knock warrants, and 5) many elected officials have found religion. It's up to the protesters to follow though in state/local elections and to hold them accountable.

your number 6 should be interesting...

18 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Holy shit I wish someone would tell me that's fake, because it's a crying shame that there's anyone that ignorant using up oxygen.

Dude, it reminds me of me at many thanksgivings before I was old enough to opt out. There are only 2 people in my entire extended family that aren't racist bigoted pieces of shit.

41 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Saw a piece the other night on the Boogaloo movement and it made the argument it doesn't really fall neatly along hard-core right or left on the political spectrum. I'm not sure that's necessarily accurate or not but they were talking to a kid who was Boogaloo'ed up who was talking about racist cops and brutality, etc. He was white as could be.

I'm sure there's some aimless youths who have latched on to it, who have little to lose and just want chaos.  But the folks driving the whole "second civil war"  (arguably a third civil war since our Revolution was really the first civil war) anyways, the folks who are actually trying to drive the narrative have some kind of endgame in mine, that's focused in part on racial stuff. And again, surprised they are not making their presence known, but they would be outnumbered by both protestors and police, and they also know they would be readily exposed on social media.

@Bozo_Casanova could probably tell you more.

37 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

I'm all for protests and all that.  But at what point do the protestors actually "win". 

I don't know if you would call it a win, but we just saw two major things happen:

1.  A cop murdered a guy while being filmed, and he's up on murder chargers.  Almost as import - the three cops with him are also up on charges.  That has to send some ripples throughout the law enforcement community.  While this has happened in the past,  a lot more cops are going to have to ask themselves if it's worth losing everything they have and going to prison because their buddy-in-blue decided to murder somebody.

There's a lot of bravado tossed around when you're in a bar and talking about having each other's backs, versus being faced with a situation of "if I let my buddy kill this guy, am I cool with going to prison and losing everything I have?"    Because there's a helluva lot of cops who are probably not willing to spend decades in prison for their buddies.

2. The anger against various police methods has been simmering, and it's now boiled over into the open, and can no longer be ignored by cops.  All these cops are having to deal with this shit, because one cop in Minnesota decided to murder a dude.  They are all having shitty days and working shitty hours because their fellow brother-in-blue could not keep his murderous instincts in check.  They are watching the public get more and more pissed at them and at their unions.  They are all watching as various areas are looking at revamping policies on the use of force, at the power of police unions, etc.  

They are watching as their fellow officers are being publicly fired for actions that happened during these protests as well.

In their eyes, things are going to get a lot more tougher for them.

Oh, and they are also watching as their buddies-in-blue who go too far are being exposed on social media and the like - witness the Portland cop who pepper-sprayed the little girl - his badge # and name may have been concealed, but the internet quickly figured out who he was.  There is a reason why so many cops seem to be lashing out at those who are filming these protests, whether they are from news organizations, some dude running a little blog, or people who just randomly pull out their phones.

The "good cops" are going to have to think long and hard about whether they want to publicly cover and/or run the risk of prison or having their lives destroyed publicly for the bad cops, because I think we have reached a bit of a tipping point in that respect. 

So there are some small "victories" if you want to call it that.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, freyguy said:

So, as a whitey, how am I supposed to know what all this boogaloo, antifa, bookstore, secret society of No Homer's stuff is?  If they're the drivers of the revolution, they need to improve their marketing to get us normal folk involved.

Sorry bro...

source.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

I don't know if you would call it a win, but we just saw two major things happen:

1.  A cop murdered a guy while being filmed, and he's up on murder chargers.  Almost as import - the three cops with him are also up on charges.  That has to send some ripples throughout the law enforcement community.  While this has happened in the past,  a lot more cops are going to have to ask themselves if it's worth losing everything they have and going to prison because their buddy-in-blue decided to murder somebody.

There's a lot of bravado tossed around when you're in a bar and talking about having each other's backs, versus being faced with a situation of "if I let my buddy kill this guy, am I cool with going to prison and losing everything I have?"    Because there's a helluva lot of cops who are probably not willing to spend decades in prison for their buddies.

2. The anger against various police methods has been simmering, and it's now boiled over into the open, and can no longer be ignored by cops.  All these cops are having to deal with this shit, because one cop in Minnesota decided to murder a dude.  They are all having shitty days and working shitty hours because their fellow brother-in-blue could not keep his murderous instincts in check.  They are watching the public get more and more pissed at them and at their unions.  They are all watching as various areas are looking at revamping policies on the use of force, at the power of police unions, etc.  

They are watching as their fellow officers are being publicly fired for actions that happened during these protests as well.

In their eyes, things are going to get a lot more tougher for them.

Oh, and they are also watching as their buddies-in-blue who go too far are being exposed on social media and the like - witness the Portland cop who pepper-sprayed the little girl - his badge # and name may have been concealed, but the internet quickly figured out who he was.  There is a reason why so many cops seem to be lashing out at those who are filming these protests, whether they are from news organizations, some dude running a little blog, or people who just randomly pull out their phones.

The "good cops" are going to have to think long and hard about whether they want to publicly cover and/or run the risk of prison or having their lives destroyed publicly for the bad cops, because I think we have reached a bit of a tipping point in that respect. 

So there are some small "victories" if you want to call it that.

good cops are likely to quit, certainly once they hit whatever pension they have. 

14 minutes ago, freyguy said:

I always found it a safe bet to avoid the second floor of Book People when Alex Jones was holding court there.  I'm sure it's been many years since they allowed him to speak there, but I think if you could go back and look at his audience, that would give you a good idea of who to avoid.

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

How is it "privilege" to be assigned the task of scrubbing graffiti from a wall?  

I suspect it's someone driving around and deliberately stirring the pot by performing for their Twitter audience...I'll call it the Tweatre of the Absurd©.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I am still trying to figure out the Molotov-Cocktail throwing lawyers' motive.  Definitely not right wing folks.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/04/lawyer-busted-in-molotov-cocktail-attack-on-nypd-suspended-from-law-firm/

motive? he's fucking angry and lashing out.

could you ever imagine yourself becoming so enraged and broken that you lash out in destructive anger? it's really not that hard for me to picture myself reaching that breaking point.

20 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Dude, it reminds me of me at many thanksgivings before I was old enough to opt out. There are only 2 people in my entire extended family that aren't racist bigoted pieces of shit.

Man that had to be rough as you got older and more aware.  I guess I was lucky in lots of respects growing up.  I remember my dad backhanding the hell out of me when I was 6 for using the "n" word.  A buddy of mine told me they were called that because all black people came from Nigeria.  Needless to say dad got me straightened out on that, and my ears rang for days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

There is a thread here about fixing the police.  Many of those ideas, and others, are already being teed up in Congress, state legislatures, and by city councils and commissions.

A win is actual changes to law and policy.  Some are already happening.  The pressure will continue until a point where enough of them happen.  And even then, a movement and infrastructure has been built that will continue to birddog law enforcement for a long time to come.  And most importantly, now they have broad public buy-in and credibility.  They won't be casually dismissed by the "gotta be tough on crime!" brigade.

I think the grievances black folks have right now go beyond police and policy.  They need the whites to wake the fuck up and squash out the direction this shit is going.  No perfunctory bill or statue removal is going to compelled the reform needed at this moment. They are protesting for their survival and a chance at some kind of opportunity in a more just society.  

23 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I am still trying to figure out the Molotov-Cocktail throwing lawyers' motive.  Definitely not right wing folks.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/04/lawyer-busted-in-molotov-cocktail-attack-on-nypd-suspended-from-law-firm/

Suggest starting this at 8:15 for some perspective.  

Taking the NY Post article at face value, those two face 5-20 years for damaging police property. There is a significant chance they serve more time than the officers that stood by and watched George Floyd be murdered on video. At the very least, you can be 100% sure that the system isn’t working for those two right now in the same way it is for the George Floyd’s murderer and his accomplices.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Tap the brakes there. The takedown wasn’t that great. It was pretty thought provoking but he’s merely framing the numbers (still markedly weaker than white-on-white or white crimes) in a different light. I liked his layout better than what he was refuting. However, he contradicted himself a few times. Notably the 10x wealth disparity.  This is just as true as the initial post he was responding to. Both true. Both misleading. 

The data on the relative disparity (or relative lack thereof) between white-on-white vs. black-on-black is all I focused on.  That was spot-on and strong.

18 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Suggest starting this at 8:15 for some perspective.  

Taking the NY Post article at face value, those two face 5-20 years for damaging police property. There is a significant chance they serve more time than the officers that stood by and watched George Floyd be murdered on video. At the very least, you can be 100% sure that the system isn’t working for those two right now in the same way it is for the George Floyd’s murderer and his accomplices.

You do realize that these two did not just send Molotov Cocktails into the police car, right?  They were actively trying to get protesters involved and were trying to pass these out (no one took them).  What they attempted feels like incitement.

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Tap the brakes there. The takedown wasn’t that great. It was pretty thought provoking but he’s merely framing the numbers (still markedly weaker than white-on-white or white crimes) in a different light. I liked his layout better than what he was refuting. However, he contradicted himself a few times. Notably the 10x wealth disparity.  This is just as true as the initial post he was responding to. Both true. Both misleading. 

ok just stop with the actual reading of stuff...