Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

So the idea that property is more important than black lives pops up again here.

He abetted an accomplice who threw a Molotov into an unoccupied car. You say that makes him no better than the 4 cops who killed George Floyd.

You sure about that?

But not as bad as the looters who defiled Goyards.

27 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

So the idea that property is more important than black lives pops up again here.

He abetted an accomplice who threw a Molotov into an unoccupied car. You say that makes him no better than the 4 cops who killed George Floyd.

You sure about that?

They did more than that.  They were passing out Molotovs.  And encouraging others to use them.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

committing violence yourself, makes you no better than the 4 cops who took George Floyd's life.

You don’t actually believe that property destruction is equal to murder, do you?

If so, please never share your thoughts or opinions on this site again.

Edited by DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

You don’t actually believe that property destruction is equal to murder, do you?

She said violence.   Not property destruction. So you knocked down a strawman  You think maybe it depends a little?

the violent people who killed people like that gentlemen in St Louis are pretty demonstrably worse than the cops who stood by and didn’t stop Chaupin from killing Floyd.  

There is also an argument people beating the shit out of innocent people in these riots are at least as bad as those bystander cops who should have stopped Chaupin.  

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Like 5

https://www.kxan.com/investigations/state-federal-agents-investigating-violent-extremists-connected-to-austin-protests/

AUSTIN – Emily Holmead decided there was something she needed to know about the Mike Ramos Brigade Facebook group. The group popped up over the past week or so, but it has concealed who’s behind it.

On June 1, two representatives from the MRB group stood in a grassy field inside an Austin city park with their faces covered, giving a speech through a bullhorn.

Their message was clear: their plans for protesting in Austin would not be peaceful.

“The Mike Ramos Brigade is a militant organization. We believe in militant rebellion. We believe in organized militant rebellion. Riots are going to happen,” an unidentified man wearing a scarf covering his face told a crowd gathered at the Krieg Softball Complex on June 1.

Holmead wasn’t supposed to be recording the meeting and a newspaper reporter was asked to leave just before the meeting started, Holmead told KXAN. Still, she decided to pull her camera out and record 90 seconds of the meeting.

It was all she needed to know.

“At that point I was like, ‘No one is actually seeing this group right now for what it is,’ so I decided to record it to see what they were going to say and right out — two seconds into the gist of what they were saying — they came out and said they were a militant group,” Holmead told KXAN.

Holmead said she found the MRB page while searching for a group she could help peacefully protest in Austin. It was named after Mike Ramos, a man who officers shot and killed in southeast Austin in April.

A friend suggested she check this group out and sent her the Facebook link. Within the first few posts, Holmead said she knew something “fishy” was going on within the group.

continued at the link....

Edited by ChickenSandwich

10 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

What about Prosbiec, who made an actual false report, causing police resources to be diverted looking for his completely made up terrorist cell....and after it was amplified by numerous other mouthpieces, including you.  Should he face legal consequences for making a flat-out fake statement to divert police resources and create fear and unrest?  You know that knowingly and intentionally propagating false information to propagate fear and violence is actually terrorism, right?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Posobiec

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

That guy is dead. I can not believe this is my country. I’m just so ashamed and disgusted.

One cop tried to duck down and (maybe) render some aid. The other cop shoved him away. Pretty much the larger problem exemplified. 

• Like 6

bestbuy pledged to do better for me and let me know they have some great deals going on right now

I was happy to get an email from the CEO of the bazillion dollar health care provider I work for on the west coast to let me know that they are AGAINST racism. I wasn’t sure, I thought they were probable neutral on it but I feel better knowing they are against it.

J/k. I expect some virtue signaling but it’s probably equal parts “please don’t loot us or shame us on social medial for not taking the obvious stand publicly.”
  • Like 2

You sure about that?
I'm sure they were disappointed there were no cops in the car. And their intent was to have MORE people join them in violence. There was another instance on the same day perpetrated by others where there were 4 police in the van, who were lucky to get out.

I, like most here, cannot stand the police in general. However, no violence is acceptable. Two wrongs don't make a right.

• Like 1

But not as bad as the looters who defiled Goyards.

The looters were well organized criminal gangs that had nothing to do with the protests. The issue is, the protests gave those fuckers cover. That issue is the ONLY reason we are on a curfew. But since it's not your street and neighborhood being attacked, it doesn't matter to you guys. Silence or shame anyone with a different take.

Hear about what has gone on in the Bronx? Think that is fucking ok? Oh, but it's only property, right? It is people's livelihoods. It is something they have built with blood, sweat, and tears, and how they feed their families. Fuck anyone perpetuating violence and criminal activity.

• Like 3

They can't go First Degree Murder because they can't prove it.  They'd need to prove premeditation.
Second Degree was clearly appropriate.
The first charging DA was pulling his punches/sucking up to the police union.  Second is 1-40, Third is 1-25.

Correct me if I’m wrong but second is “he planned on killing him” in that moment (not premeditated).  Third degree is “he didn’t plan on him dying but he did his job so negligently that death happened?”

I don’t think he intended to kill but was so horribly negligent that a reasonable person would expect that death could occur from his actions. Don’t get me wrong I’m not making the case that his sentence should be lighter.  If he ended up getting the max 25 correct?) for third degree, I’d say he deserves more.  

I’m just questioning if an entire jury can be convinced that in his mind he was actually thinking “I’m going to kill this guy.”  Any chance upgrading to second degree was a way to convince him that accepting a third degree plea for 25 years is a good deal he should take?  

11 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Completely missing the point, but I'm not shocked by that. Violence in all forms is appalling.

However flawed it may be, I’m glad our criminal justice system takes into account levels of wrongness.

Edited by DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

1 minute ago, drt said:

You do that on dirty 6th after a night of drinking and you get charged with manslaughter. Jesus.

And probably trampled by a horse. 

it’s been a long long long time since I waded I yak that stream. I assume they still run the horse patrols? 

• Like 1

However flawed it may be, I’m glad our criminal justice takes into account levels of wrongness.
The molotov cocktail throwing assholes had the intent to hurt people. We are all lucky they didn't. That is what makes what they did just as bad.

Further, it plays into the narrative that the protests are riots or whatever other shit certain people want to believe.

6 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

The molotov cocktail throwing assholes had the intent to hurt people. We are all lucky they didn't. That is what makes what they did just as bad.

Further, it plays into the narrative that the protests are riots or whatever other shit certain people want to believe.

There are jackasses doing varying levels of dumb/bad shit that is causing harm to their communities. Then there are officers that have taken an oath to protect and defend those communities that are killing members of it in broad daylight (with impunity if there isn’t a recording of the murder).

trying to equate the two...wait for it @ChickenSandwich...downplays the latter and does no good.

• Like 1

Doesn’t matter how hard the push is, if you’re a regular joe and you do that you rightfully get charged. 

Probably. Especially on tape. The guy was touching cops(I know posed no real threat). He fell awkwardly like he was on something. Of course you have to be on something if you approach 60 pissed off testosterone raging cops like that

2 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Probably. Especially on tape. The guy was touching cops(I know posed no real threat). He fell awkwardly like he was on something. Of course you have to be on something if you approach 60 pissed off testerone driven cops like that

He looks like a 70 year old grandfather that couldn’t have possibly even imagined he was about to get hurt or possibly die. 

This seems to be heading towards total anarchy. I don’t see another outcome here.