Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You’ve heard my idea before. A lie told in order to prompt a criminal charge against someone should 1) absolutely be a crime, and 2) should be punishable by the sentence of the crime the lie was meant to support. Lie to get me charged with jaywalking? Won’t be a long sentence. Lie to get me charge with assault? Bye, for a long time.

Yep.  Heard it, seconded it, applauded it.

I'd say this needs to cover DAs as well.  And lies of omission count as "lying" under this rule change.

No more, "Oops, my bad" bullshit.  Nope.  Man's game charges a man's price law dogs.  Still wanna play the same way?

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

I was really hoping you were being sarcastic, MN. Fuck, you are really fucking awful as a poster now. He stood there and motioned that he couldn't move around them. So the cop shoved him backwards because no one was getting in his way. That's abuse. The old man did nothing wrong except not submit to their authority. 

Coronavirus broke MN. He’s been a really angry poster since it all started 

51 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Kinda looks like him. I’m sure he’s got pics of his road bike on his Instagram which will look curiously like the one in the video.

One of his old tweets had a picture of some cycling shoes which match the exact ones in the video. Couple that with deleting years worth of tweets including a bunch of right wing political stuff and GPS tracking. Gonna go out on a limb and say he's probably that asshole. A

Also, saw some other pics outside of his profile. It's him.

Edited by AngryDragon

3 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

I’m gonna guess “Proshares” is going to be looking for a senior marketing director very soon.

Guy just threw away a (mid?) six figure job I’m guessing.

36 minutes ago, AngryDragon said:

One of his old tweets had a picture of some cycling shoes which match the exact ones in the video. Couple that with deleting years worth of tweets including a bunch of right wing political stuff and GPS tracking. Gonna go out on a limb and say he's probably that asshole. A

Also, saw some other pics outside of his profile. It's him.

I guess I need to take my lumps. Could be this guy too. Former cop. 

4 hours ago, AngryDragon said:

I guess I need to take my lumps. Could be this guy too. Former cop. 

Don't beat yourself up.  The asshole who incorrectly outed him and almost ruined an innocent man's life on Twitter is a self proclaimed phrophetess and physic.  No sensible person would have doubted her. 

9 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but second is “he planned on killing him” in that moment (not premeditated).  Third degree is “he didn’t plan on him dying but he did his job so negligently that death happened?”

I don’t think he intended to kill but was so horribly negligent that a reasonable person would expect that death could occur from his actions. Don’t get me wrong I’m not making the case that his sentence should be lighter.  If he ended up getting the max 25 correct?) for third degree, I’d say he deserves more.  

I’m just questioning if an entire jury can be convinced that in his mind he was actually thinking “I’m going to kill this guy.”  Any chance upgrading to second degree was a way to convince him that accepting a third degree plea for 25 years is a good deal he should take?  

Pretty much accurate.

The intent required for second degree murder comes from the eight minutes of sitting on his neck, despite protestations from the victim and questions from colleagues.

It's not a slam dunk, but there's evidence to support it.

In Texas, you don't want to charge too high because you might not get a lesser-included offense instruction to the jury or want to have to play that game.

In Minnesota homicide cases, it appears that the jury is automatically instructed on the lesser-included offenses, so there's no downside to charging high, or less.

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

You’ve heard my idea before. A lie told in order to prompt a criminal charge against someone should 1) absolutely be a crime, and 2) should be punishable by the sentence of the crime the lie was meant to support. Lie to get me charged with jaywalking? Won’t be a long sentence. Lie to get me charge with assault? Bye, for a long time.

Deuteronomy 19:19.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Shit man if you or I were on video shoving someone over then walking away when we saw blood coming from their ear, we would be in handcuffs right now. Suspension is not enough. 

Apply the fucking law equally to ALL criminals, even if they've got a star on their chest

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Dammit, nearly had a freaking stroke as I misread part of that...

Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo of New York condemned the actions of the officers in a statement late Thursday night.

I misread condemned as commended.. blood pressure went through the roof for a few minutes.

Guest Lobo
8 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Dammit, nearly had a freaking stroke as I misread part of that...

Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo of New York condemned the actions of the officers in a statement late Thursday night.

I misread condemned as commended.. blood pressure went through the roof for a few minutes.

Ermahgerd...politics!  Can't bring up Cuomo dude.  He's been doing crazy ass left-wing shit like applying math to policy and condemning cops beating people of color.  We can't have that on here.  Nope.  Sorry.  Gotta have racism where it belongs, tacitly on the tips of tongues of some special posters on here.    

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Ermahgerd...politics!  Can't bring up Cuomo dude.  He's been doing crazy ass left-wing shit like applying math to policy and condemning cops beating people of color.  We can't have that on here.  Nope.  Sorry.  Gotta have racism where it belongs, tacitly on the tips of tongues of some special posters on here.    

Settle down Francis...

• Like 3

Guest Lobo

You just made the list, pal!  

Yeah sorry, I've just seen many folks get suspended/negged for bringing up Cuomo on threads.  Which sucks, because if we can't comment on the most heavily affected state with Covid-19, what the hell can we talk about?  I digress.  It is beyond surreal how Coronavirus went to the backpage so quickly in the last week+  

Just now, Lobo said:

You just made the list, pal!  

Yeah sorry, I've just seen many folks get suspended/negged for bringing up Cuomo on threads.  Which sucks, because if we can't comment on the most heavily affected state with Covid-19, what the hell can we talk about?  I digress.  It is beyond surreal how Coronavirus went to the backpage so quickly in the last week+  

Yep, funny how that works....

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Posted not so much about Oye Cuomo Va as it was about my terrible reading comprehension and my over reactionary state on a Friday. (as usual) fml

Guest Lobo

Some people, a lot of people, are saying that George Floyd is looking down right now and saying things are great. 

So we've got that going for us.  Which is nice.  

53 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Yes.  This is truly shitty.  Many (I haven't read the whole story, don't know the circumstances of each death - it could be all of them) of those lives serve as a very strong argument as to why it's really, really, really stupid for the authorities who work for we the people to choose lawlessness instead of the rule of law.  This is what it predictably leads to.  

Quoting from the Book of True Shit, Chapter 1, verse 1: "don't start no shit, won't be no shit."  It's maddening.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Yes.  This is truly shitty.  Many (I haven't read the whole story, don't know the circumstances of each death - it could be all of them) of those lives serve as a very strong argument as to why it's really, really, really stupid for the authorities who work for we the people to choose lawlessness instead of the rule of law.  This is what it predictably leads to.  

Quoting from the Book of True Shit, Chapter 1, verse 1: "don't start no shit, won't be no shit."  It's maddening.

Agreed.  Thought admittedly, the dude trying to blow up the ATM, well...

Guest Lobo

Yeah, nobody is gonna have any problem with cops beating the shit out of a guy using explosives in a crowded area.  I'll donate money to the Policemen's Benevolence Orchestra if I see something like that.  I owe the Maestro anyway.  And you'll probably still see a 50/50 split on the opinions of people when it comes to police shoving unruly protestors around if they get in their faces.  What we're seeing, however, is an absolute abundance of are cops beating/shooting/gassing people who are several feet away just holding signs and talking.  And the silence of our leadership on this topic is as loud as a Flash-Bang.  But we can't talk about it because it makes tough guys feel sad. 

Edited by Lobo

11 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Agreed.  Thought admittedly, the dude trying to blow up the ATM, well...

Oh, no doubt....Darwin is always standing by to make a cameo appearance, no matter the venue.  He's like Michael Caine, he shows up in EVERYTHING.

• Like 1

Guest Lobo
Just now, Brisketexan said:

Oh, no doubt....Darwin is always standing by to make a cameo appearance, no matter the venue.  He's like Michael Caine, he shows up in EVERYTHING.

Wait, are you trying to bring the Hackman-Caine Theory into the protest/Floyd situation?