Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

Guest Lobo

If the black people out after curfew just had AR-15's and said, "I need a haircut"...not only would they not be harassed by police but we'd also have a new Tyler Perry trilogy.  

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-police-officer-apologizes-facebook-post

The leader of a Fraternal Order of Police chapter in Florida is apologizing for a controversial Facebook post that sparked an uproar within the local law enforcement community.

Brevard County Sheriff's Office Lt. Robert Gamin wrote on his chapter’s page over the weekend, “Hey Buffalo 57 and Atlanta 6... we are hiring in Florida... lower taxes, no spineless leadership or dumb mayors rambling on at press conferences... plus we got your back... law and order in Florida... move to where you are loved,” according to WOFL.

The “Buffalo 57” refers to the members of the Buffalo Police Emergency Response team who resigned Friday afternoon in support of two officers who were suspended without pay after shoving a 75-year-old man to the ground during a recent protest in New York against police brutality.

In a statement to WOFL, Gamin apologized for the post saying it “was in poor taste and did not reflect the sentiment that I was trying to convey.”

“In my recent FB post, I let my emotions and frustration with all the negative media portrayals of law enforcement get the better of me,” he continued. “My intent was to rebut some of the negative messaging and offer a supportive message to all the men and women in law enforcement, clearly I failed.”

So you try and counteract some of the negative media portrayals that police officers and unions are out of control by.....doing exactly what the media says you are doing.

spacer.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LABEVO said:

That is fucking insane.  That's costing people a minimum of $400 to replace a set of tires.

The abject stupidity of our police forces, when they should know they are under the microscope and on camera is utterly and completely damning.

Fuck.

The.

Po

Lice.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

That is fucking insane.  That's costing people a minimum of $400 to replace a set of tires.

The abject stupidity of our police forces, when they should know they are under the microscope and on camera is utterly and completely damning.

The thing is:  They know they are on camera.

They just don't care.

And by the way, that "spineless leadership" and "dumb mayors" that union head is bitching about, are their fucking bosses.

I've had my share of shitty bosses, but while drawing a paycheck they sign off on, I would never have went out and posted on social media or given interviews where I talked about how shitty they are.

It still amazes me how these cops do not respect their civilian bosses and the taxpayers at all.  The people who pay their fucking salaries.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

And by the way, that "spineless leadership" and "dumb mayors" that union head is bitching about, are their fucking bosses.

I've had my share of shitty bosses, but while drawing a paycheck they sign off on, I would never have went out and posted on social media or given interviews where I talked about how shitty they are.

It still amazes me how these cops do not respect their civilian bosses and the taxpayers at all.  The people who pay their fucking salaries.

He was calling the Buffalo mayor spineless.  The Buffalo mayor is not his boss.  He referred to his boss as not spineless. 

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

welcome to the world of unions.

27 minutes ago, Lobo said:

If the black people out after curfew just had AR-15's and said, "I need a haircut"...not only would they not be harassed by police but we'd also have a new Tyler Perry trilogy.  

The black people I’ve seen pictures of carrying around their AR-15’s at protests have not been harassed by police. Imagine that 

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You obviously don’t work within a public union.

• Like 1

Guest Lobo
1 minute ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Do we win a date with South Austin's mom if we out-debate Brisket? If so, I'm in.

the only debate you need to win to get with her is "lube or au natural"  

8 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

He was calling the Buffalo mayor spineless.  The Buffalo mayor is not his boss.  He referred to his boss as not spineless. 

It's not his place to be calling out the elected officials of other areas for removing a cop from active duty for knocking a 75 year-old guy down to the ground and putting him in the hospital.

If anything, he's saying his bosses would be cool with him knocking that dude down.  That's fucking disturbing.

7 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

You obviously don’t work within a public union.

My wife has been in one for years, but they don't go around acting like these cop unions.  They may disagree publicly, but they aren't doing the name-calling thing, and the members don't have the security that cops seem to have.

And these cop unions seem pretty consistent whether it's Florida or Minnesota or New York - the embodiment of "FUCK YOU PAY ME!"

i gotta say, waking up to see a conspiracy theory (Buffalo grandpa was an ANTIFI OPERATIVE!!!) being pushed by a kremlin-backed journalist and propagated from the highest office in the land is probably the most terrifying thing i've witnessed on this thread, which is full of terrifying things.

we are in deep shit.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-police-officer-apologizes-facebook-post

So you try and counteract some of the negative media portrayals that police officers and unions are out of control by.....doing exactly what the media says you are doing.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Fuck.

The.

Po

Lice.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

The thing is:  They know they are on camera.

They just don't care.

@BabaYaga......... Come on, man.  Just....come on.

It's from top to bottom, and in all directions.  They don't care if they do it right in front of us, because fuck you, peasants.  The rank and file doesn't care -- see the Buffalo 57 etc.  The leadership doesn't care -- see the fucking HEAD of the Fraternal Order of Police.  IT IS NOT JUST A FEW RANDOM BAD COPS.  It's the entire fucking culture, throughout American policing.

That's the whole point here.  The problem is not "isolated bad individuals."  It is systemic.  When bad cops do bad cop shit, the rest of the cops don't turn on them -- they fucking double down.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It is systemic. 

Weird, it's as if we spent the better part of FIVE pages making SYSTEMIC CHANGE suggestions.  But hey, just spit balling here....

Of course Floyd's family is now requests UN Intervention to disarm Police in the US.  What could go wrong....

6 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Weird, it's as if we spent the better part of FIVE pages making SYSTEMIC CHANGE suggestions.  But hey, just spit balling here....

Of course Floyd's family is now requests UN Intervention to disarm Police in the US.  What could go wrong....

Yet you repeatedly fail to acknowledge that the SYSTEMIC problems are due to the entirety of the personnel and culture within PDs.  It's as if such systemic failures are abstract things that just sit on a desk, and aren't attributable to the people who own and operate that system.  You are incapable of conceding that the system IS the people who make up that system, and that those people, almost uniformly, choose to cover for and protect their fellow officers at the expense of the citizens they are supposed to protect and serve.  It's just such a breathtakingly illogical blindspot that I can't help but stare at it in wonder.

We could just keep doing what we've been doing for decade, after decade, after decade, where every effort at reform was resisted and stymied by apologists like you, because hey, it really is just a "few bad apples," so let's not go overboard by addressing the entire PD.  What could go wrong with THAT approach?  Oh yeah....unrelenting abuses of power, up to and including murders of citizens.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Yet you repeatedly fail to acknowledge that the SYSTEMIC problems are due to the entirety of the personnel and culture within PDs.  It's as if such systemic failures are abstract things that just sit on a desk, and aren't attributable to the people who own and operate that system.  You are incapable of conceding that the system IS the people who make up that system, and that those people, almost uniformly, choose to cover for and protect their fellow officers at the expense of the citizens they are supposed to protect and serve.  It's just such a breathtakingly illogical blindspot that I can't help but stare at it in wonder.

We could just keep doing what we've been doing for decade, after decade, after decade, where every effort at reform was resisted and stymied by apologists like you, because hey, it really is just a "few bad apples," so let's not go overboard by addressing the entire PD.  What could go wrong with THAT approach?  Oh yeah....unrelenting abuses of power, up to and including murders of citizens.

Fire everyone.  Tear it all down.  Start from the ashes.  Novel concept.  Never been tried before.  Always works.  Never unintended consequences.  I'm sure the people of MN are going to love this.  Maybe they can call them from time to time behind your gated community and see how it's going for them?  Now calls to bring in the UN.  We all know policing from other countries works swimmingly.  Maybe the Russian and Chinese LEs can have a say in how people are treated.

You're going on ignore now.....

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Fire everyone.  Tear it all down.  Start from the ashes.  Novel concept.  Never been tried before.  Always works.  Never unintended consequences.  I'm sure the people of MN are going to love this.  Maybe they can call them from time to time behind your gated community and see how it's going for them?  Now calls to bring in the UN.  We all know policing from other countries works swimmingly.  Maybe the Russian and Chinese LEs can have a say in how people are treated.

you're a fucking idiot.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

How about we just start from the wild and wacky position of "assume that everyone is to some degree complicit?"  Then, we can figure out who can be rehabilitated and function in a future, functional police department?  We all have to get off being stuck on the concept that "most cops are good."  That's literally the opposite of true.  Most cops are bad, to some degree, with respect to the crucial test: will they put their duty to the people ahead of their loyalty to the policing system?

We did something similar before with de-nazification in post-war Germany.  Nothing is perfect, but it worked pretty well.  That's all we're talking about.  But it MUST start from a point of common acceptance of the truth that functionally all cops have a problem with their loyalty to the policing system over their duty to the people.  

5 minutes ago, Axiom of Choice said:

So in the 1970s your dad either got beat on by the cops or embellished a story to smooth things over after a three day bender, and this means you are a true man of the people who doesn't live in an affluent neighborhood and will bear the brunt of police reforms in 2020.  

Well, he wasn't ever a drinker, so the three day bender doesn't seem likely.  And he sure went through a lot of effort to fake the football-sized bruises from his beating, thanks for asking, fucking asshole.

I live in a fine neighborhood....but we're plenty accessible to crime, and certainly have our fair share.  But I confess that most residents of my neighborhood are less likely to get the fuck beaten out of them when they get pulled over.

I do love the counterargument to police reforms - "nope, can't do that -- it will make life riskier for people in rough neighborhoods!"  You DO realize that those are the core of the group that's fucking marching and demanding reforms, right?  They want them more desperately than anyone.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Axiom of Choice said:

So in the 1970s your dad either got beat on by the cops or embellished a story to smooth things over after a three day bender, and this means you are a true man of the people who doesn't live in an affluent neighborhood and will bear the brunt of police reforms in 2020.  

Dude.  That's kind of uncalled for.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, he wasn't ever a drinker, so the three day bender doesn't seem likely.  And he sure went through a lot of effort to fake the football-sized bruises from his beating, thanks for asking, fucking asshole.

I live in a fine neighborhood....but we're plenty accessible to crime, and certainly have our fair share.  But I confess that most residents of my neighborhood are less likely to get the fuck beaten out of them when they get pulled over.

I do love the counterargument to police reforms - "nope, can't do that -- it will make life riskier for people in rough neighborhoods!"  You DO realize that those are the core of the group that's fucking marching and demanding reforms, right?  They want them more desperately than anyone.

Do you or do you not understand that defunding the police or dismantling the police is going to drive the inequality gap which admittedly already exists to be larger? It will encourage white flight to areas that have the police function that the upper middle class desire and leave the lower funded areas to a vicious cycle, much like the defunding of public education has done.

This is because you aren't treating the cause, just the symptom.

Change the hearts and minds of folks to want to live next and among poor people (regardless of color, but factually black in disproportionate numbers) and be TOLERANT of them and their cultural differences (with an understanding that these differences are because of systemic racism and privileges, depending on which side of the divide you were lucky enough to be born on). That is the job. Not defunding police or trying to reform it to make it more friendly.

Edited by Rougarou
  • Like 2

Just now, Rougarou said:

Do you or do you not understand that defunding the police or dismantling the police is going to drive the inequality gap which admittedly already exists to be larger? It will encourage white flight to areas that have the police function that the upper middle class desire and leave the lower funded areas to a vicious cycle, much like the defunding of public education has done.

Change the hearts and minds of folks to want to live next and among poor people (regardless of color) and be TOLERANT of them and their cultural differences (with an understanding that these differences are because of systemic racism and privileges, depending on which side of the divide you were lucky enough to be born on). That is the job. Not defunding police or trying to reform it to make it more friendly.

Cool, cool.   So....expecting cops to put the people they serve first....too much to ask.  Dividing all of the responsibilities we currently put on the police among various other qualified entities/personnel....pointless.

Instead, we just all need to learn to love each other more.  What utter pablum.  What's getting black people's asses beaten isn't the fact that their neighbors aren't diverse.  Are there broader economic and social issues to be addressed?  Hell yes there are.   But come on, "not defunding the police or trying to reform it to make it more friendly" is jsut complete acquiescence to a broken, racist system that, need I remind you, works for you and me.  They are literally our employees.  Silly us to demand that they do better.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Cool, cool.   So....expecting cops to put the people they serve first....too much to ask.  Dividing all of the responsibilities we currently put on the police among various other qualified entities/personnel....pointless.

Instead, we just all need to learn to love each other more.  What utter pablum.  What's getting black people's asses beaten isn't the fact that their neighbors aren't diverse.  Are there broader economic and social issues to be addressed?  Hell yes there are.   But come on, "not defunding the police or trying to reform it to make it more friendly" is jsut complete acquiescence to a broken, racist system that, need I remind you, works for you and me.  They are literally our employees.  Silly us to demand that they do better.

I agree 100% with you here (rare, I know), but if you want to attack the symptoms and not the heart of the matter, here is the hot take...

I would argue that to the tax base who make up the 80%, the cops are doing a good job. The Karen's and Chad's or Greg's or whatever we call the male Karen equivalent, are appreciative of cops who are friendly to them but harass the poor and scary people. If you want to break the wheel great, but this is America. So after the sugar rush and high of protesting wears off, there had better be money in it for most folks or else it ain't going anywhere. See Exhibit A: Occupy Wall Street.

For you Sir Brisket of Texas: 

Edited by Rougarou

36 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Remember that time where we tore it all down and started a new country. Yea it wasn’t perfect but I thing we can agree it was better than a King. 

You’re seriously a fucking dunce.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Axiom of Choice said:

1) you’re a huge piece of shit. Just straight up fuck you.

2) you clearly didn’t understand the point because you’re also a fucking moron

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Remember that time where we tore it all down and started a new country. Yea it wasn’t perfect but I thing we can agree it was better than a King. 

You’re seriously a fucking dunce.

That's not what I'm hearing. There seems to be a reason why were here apparently.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

I agree 100% with you here (rare, I know), but if you want to attack the symptoms and not the heart of the matter, here is the hot take...

I would argue that to the tax base who make up the 80%, the cops are doing a good job. The Karen's and Chad's or Greg's or whatever we call the male Karen equivalent, are appreciative of cops who are friendly to them but harass the poor and scary people. If you want to break the wheel great, but this is America. So after the sugar rush and high of protesting wears off, there had better be money in it for most folks or else it ain't going anywhere. See Exhibit A: Occupy Wall Street.

For you Sir Brisket of Texas: 

Appreciate the conversation.

First, as to the Karens and Chads, I'll suggest that one thing that differentiates this phase of the movement (and this is a phase because let's be honest, this is a movement that has its spiritual beginnings with the abolitionist movement) is the active attention and participation of the Karens and Chads.  There are a bunch of Karens and Chads who see some serious bad shit happening, and realize that they have to be part of the solution.  And that they have to stand up and fight for their neighbors.

Oh, and as for fixing the wheel or breaking it....the cops need to know that breaking it is 100% on the fucking table.  They actually have grasped that -- which is why their response is anger and defiance.  That's fine.  That's to be expected.  If they eventually realize that they need to drop the anger and defiance, then they can get on board and be part of crafting the solution and the next steps.  And if not, then fuck 'em.  They can get jobs at Arby's, or at Small Town Racist PD.  And we'll come for them there soon enough (well, not Arby's, so long as they don't fuck up the curly fries or potato cakes).

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Change the hearts and minds of folks to want to live next and among poor people (regardless of color, but factually black in disproportionate numbers) and be TOLERANT of them and their cultural differences (with an understanding that these differences are because of systemic racism and privileges, depending on which side of the divide you were lucky enough to be born on). That is the job. Not defunding police or trying to reform it to make it more friendly.

Whatever they did in Camden seems to be working. 

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-updates-protests-for-racial-justice/2020/06/08/872416644/former-chief-of-reformed-camden-n-j-force-police-need-consent-of-the-people

• Like 2

Just more non-proof that cops will back a bad cop 1000 times before they will protect a citizen being attacked by a cop:

Philly Cop Charged with Assaulting Protester Gets T-Shirt In His Honor

What happens when a cop is charged with assaulting a protester? In the Philly police union, he gets a t-shirt in his honor.

Such is the case with Philly police officer Joseph Bologna.

According to Philadelphia District Attorney Larry Krasner, Bologna was caught on camera beating a Temple University student who was protesting in the city last week. On Friday, Krasner announced that he was charging Bologna with two felony counts of aggravated assault in addition to charges of simple assault, possession of an instrument of crime, and recklessly endangering another person.

Well, Philly police union president John McNesby — a.k.a. the guy bad cops run to when they get into trouble — is now hawking t-shirts in support of Bologna. The “Bologna Strong” t-shirts will be on sale for $20 in the “cop shop,” as they call it, beginning on Tuesday.

43 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

yep. and you will note that a large portion of it working is getting rid of drugs/dealers.

58 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

His goal was the change the identity of Camden police officers from that of "warrior" to "guardian."

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Nope. But I don’t get many jollies of calling someone who doesn’t agree with me a fucking piece of shit.

Oh was it about the disagreement, or was it about him saying something wholly inappropriate for literally no reason?