Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

13 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

All those violent protests like Rosa Parks, the Million Man March, MLK and everything else that led to real change. Looting 5 TVs from Target shows you’re a thief, not a race victim seeking social justice.

It wasn’t looting. It was a Target Blue Light Line Special.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/28/us/minneapolis-officer-complaints-george-floyd/index.html

The former Minneapolis police officer seen in a video with his knee on George Floyd's neck had 18 prior complaints filed against him with the Minneapolis Police Department's Internal Affairs, according to the police department.
Only two of the 18 complaints against Chauvin were "closed with discipline," according to a MPD internal affairs public summary. In both cases, the "discipline issued" column indicated that a letter of reprimand had been issued in response.

Former officer Tou Thao had six complaints filed with internal affairs, one of which was still open, according to the public summary released Thursday. The other five complaints had been closed without discipline.

———————————————

the two other officers were new to the force or at least that is my understanding.

the article describes the lawsuit brought against Tou Thao by Lamar Ferguson. Scary shit. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Rioters in the police station right now:

Yeah, the mayor had the police evacuate.  Capturing and burning the police station is a pretty big victory for Antifa.  

It's no longer about George Floyd, he's just an excuse.  Notice how these types of riots are usually much worse after the first night.  Takes time for the professional agitators to come to town.

• Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, clapclapclap said:

Yeah, the mayor had the police evacuate.  Capturing and burning the police station is a pretty big victory for Antifa.  

It's no longer about George Floyd, he's just an excuse.  Notice how these types of riots are usually much worse after the first night.  Takes time for the professional agitators to come to town.

A lot of the action has moved to St Paul now as well. 23 area Targets have been closed around the twins area. Couple of fires in St Paul. Not sure which businesses were set on fire other than another Napa Auto parts store. 

Guest Lobo

I know his union and his lawyer won’t let him say anything but I am genuinely curious as to what officer dipshit thought was gonna happen afterwards, as he rested on Floyd’s neck for five minutes.  
if he didn’t think they far ahead, we should make him deputy chief of police.  

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Welp the 3rd precinct is on fire

1 minute ago, HRSchenker said:

These guys are going to burn down the police station. Holy shit.

yeah, holy shit, they're burning down the police station. looks like police abandoned the third precinct building.

Some business owners in south Minneapolis spent the previous night trying to protect their businesses from looters. Thursday night as more destruction spread, some businesses placed signs in their windows letting people know they were a minority-owned business.
https://www.kare11.com/mobile/article/news/local/george-floyd/minneapolis-fires-end-second-day-of-george-floyd-protests/89-57d95a6d-7168-4deb-82f1-dbe5e4042983

yeah 3rd precinct is done. Wow! 

13 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

You thinking George Soros is delivering bags of cash or pre-paid debit cards?

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Yeah...are we shedding any tears over that? I mean, I’m damned surprised it took this long.

You typically don’t see that. Other stuff sure. Like others have said even after football games. You just don’t typically see a precinct office abandoned and destroyed and set ablaze. But I’m not shedding any tears. Most of us aren’t. U just don’t see that. Or I guess I will say, I have never seen that. But then I haven’t watched riot cams like I’m watching tonite either. 

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah...are we shedding any tears over that? I mean, I’m damned surprised it took this long.

i'm not, but i'm hoping the building is empty, honestly.

i said on the CR thread, but it fits here as well. the police wanted this war. well, now they've got it.

• Like 1

Good job On Minny prosecutors saying there wasn’t enough evidence to prosecute this afternoon! Excellent job! Geez! 
it’s pretty obvious from articles I posted earlier though that the Feds have the case now on two fronts and Minnesota government is no longer leading the investigation. depending on who you ask this is either a good or bad thing. MOO it’s better to not let Minnesota handle the case . Especially after their ill-advised presser today. 

Just now, mchookem said:

i can't believe somebody is blaming this on antifa 🙄

There is quite a bit of anti-capitalist graffiti I am seeing and Antifa tagging.  I don't think the locals outraged by murder were trying to make a point against capitalism.  Perhaps its bullshit.  But would you be surprised if they were involved?  Or is your point they are rioting, but they do not deserve blame?  

6 hours ago, mchookem said:

gotdamn

i don't even know who this is, but gotDAMN

i feel enraged. and helpless. about ALL of it. everything. gotdamn. 

Here's the youtube clip for easier sharing, with his name in it that you can google:

I am not OK today, either.  In fact, to quote Marsellus Wallace, "No man, I'm pretty fuckin' far from OK."  

And I wish everybody was.  

• Like 2

“Been thinking about the George Floyd situation and thinking of the words to say [and] coming up empty,” Wentz said. “All I know is that the institutional racism in this country breaks my heart and needs to stop. Can’t even fathom what the black community has to endure on a daily basis.

“Being from North Dakota, I’ve spent a large part of my life surrounded by people of similar color, so I’m never gonna act like I know what the black community goes through or even has gone through already. I’ll never know the feeling of having to worry about my kids going outside because of their skin color. However, I do know that we are all equal at the foot of the cross and Jesus taught us to value others’ lives like they were our own — regardless of skin tone.

“So, this might seem like a ramble — and perhaps it is. I don’t understand the society we live in that doesn’t value all human life. It’s heartbreaking and disturbing. My prayers go out to every man, woman, and child that has to ensure the effects of the racism in our society.”

17 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

There is quite a bit of anti-capitalist graffiti I am seeing and Antifa tagging.  I don't think the locals outraged by murder were trying to make a point against capitalism.  Perhaps its bullshit.  But would you be surprised if they were involved?  Or is your point they are rioting, but they do not deserve blame?  

i dunno... perhaps the white guy in the face mask calmly smashing the Autozone windows yesterday was antifa.

or maybe he was indeed a cop, as some evidence tonight seems to indicate. 

my point really is after ALL of this, after seeing this over and over and over, after listening to some of these citizens and hearing their pain and outcry, after the past few days,  and this building to the very obvious and understandable bursting point ...it's pretty fucking lazy, though typical of some, to just default to 'oh it's antifa again'.

• Like 2