Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

6 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Here's the really idiotic thing on the part of the cops. 

These little actions, they turn those people, their family, and friends, completely against those cops.  They see those cops as the enemy and an occupying force.

And then people watch those videos in different parts of the country, and many of those people are turned firmly against the police, because they ask themselves if that would happen in their hometown, and the answer is more often than not, yes.

And so then you get folks who run for local and county officers whose platform is to rein in the police.  And they win.   And they implement restrictions on use-of-force.  And when those cops' contracts come up, they probably don't have the goodwill of the public behind them, so they may not get much out of those new contracts.   They sure as hell aren't going to get the benefit of the doubt from your average citizen.

tenor.gif?itemid=4347348

I love the idea. Won't happen.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2020 at 3:27 PM, Dr. Beeper said:

Tap the brakes there. The takedown wasn’t that great. It was pretty thought provoking but he’s merely framing the numbers (still markedly weaker than white-on-white or white crimes) in a different light. I liked his layout better than what he was refuting. However, he contradicted himself a few times. Notably the 10x wealth disparity.  This is just as true as the initial post he was responding to. Both true. Both misleading. 

how so, specifically?

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but Austin Black-owned businesses (if you’d like to support): 

https://www.kvue.com/mobile/article/news/local/austin-black-businesses-to-support-list/269-4d51732e-7b09-4eb0-a1c0-cee694755497

I do support a few but only know one owner, Dirty Glove BBQ. Brent is a friend and former co-worker. I watched him achieve it. Not sure how comprehensive this list is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4347348

I love the idea. Won't happen.

Not on a large scale, but we are already seeing some police chiefs being booted out or being put under a lot of pressure to fix shit or GTFO.

Hell, there's a movement on City Council here in Austin to kick our's out.

And it's only getting worse.   People see that 75 year-old guy being knocked down, and yeah, that's not the "oh it's a bunch of punk kids who are out-of-work and fucking around" line the cops keep tossing out there.

On 6/4/2020 at 4:54 PM, Johnny Sack said:

He also very wisely avoided getting into interracial violent crime rates.  It’s ugly on a per capita basis.  

This is fucking stupid. There are way more white people than blacks. Therefore a higher % of blacks will interact with whites than vice versa. The number of interracial crime rates will be a function of this fact. 

5 hours ago, CDAK said:

I think yall are misinterpreting the actions of the second Buffalo cop; the cop who prevented the first cop from bending down over the old guy on the ground.  The second cop did not think he was stopping the first one from rendering aid.  The second cop was doing a good deed.  He was stopping the first cop from bending down to continue to beat the old guy.

[Slight sarcasm but who knows, maybe?]

This is most likely wh.. I'm puking...

2 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

This is fucking stupid. There are way more white people than blacks. Therefore a higher % of blacks will interact with whites than vice versa. The number of interracial crime rates will be a function of this fact. 

No it’s really not.  And your post makes no sense   A black person is ten times more likely to kill a white than vice versa.  It doesn’t hold true for whites and Asians even though there’s even a bigger disparity in the population.  

Since there are so many less blacks than whites, there are way less potential murderers also.  But alas you have black males who make up about 6 percent of the population committing about half the murders in this country.  

It’s not just murders.  see Bureau or Justice 2018 survey of criminal victimization. According to the study, there were 593,598 interracial violent victimizations (excluding homicide) between blacks and whites last year, including white-on-black and black-on-white attacks. Blacks committed 537,204 of those interracial felonies, or 90 percent, and whites committed 56,394 of them, or less than 10 percent. 

https://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=dcdetail&iid=245

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

59 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

No it’s really not.  And your post makes no sense   A black person is ten times more likely to kill a white than vice versa.  It doesn’t hold true for whites and Asians even though there’s even a bigger disparity in the population.  

Since there are so many less blacks than whites, there are way less potential murderers also.  But alas you have black males who make up about 6 percent of the population committing about half the murders in this country.  

It’s not just murders.  see Bureau or Justice 2018 survey of criminal victimization. According to the study, there were 593,598 interracial violent victimizations (excluding homicide) between blacks and whites last year, including white-on-black and black-on-white attacks. Blacks committed 537,204 of those interracial felonies, or 90 percent, and whites committed 56,394 of them, or less than 10 percent. 

https://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=dcdetail&iid=245

If 60 out of 100 people are white and only 13 out of that 100 are black the chances of any one of those 60 people running into any one of the 13 is much less than any one of the 13 running into one of the 60. The discrepancy in those interactions plus the disproportionate poverty rates among black people account for the differences in interracial crimes. Yeah, yeah I know you love to disregard how much poverty affects crime rates, but the experts who actually study things like this ( I mean outside of places like stormfront), tend to agree that poverty, especially the desperation that comes with an awareness of the communal scarcity that you see in concentrated poverty, tends to impact the frequency of crime in any given demographic group. 

In truth I don't view you as a racist who has hate in your heart for black people. You're just the type of racist who is certain of your superiority over black people and you routinely express these sensibilities all over the Longhorn message board world. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but Austin Black-owned businesses (if you’d like to support): 

https://www.kvue.com/mobile/article/news/local/austin-black-businesses-to-support-list/269-4d51732e-7b09-4eb0-a1c0-cee694755497

I do support a few but only know one owner, Dirty Glove BBQ. Brent is a friend and former co-worker. I watched him achieve it. Not sure how comprehensive this list is. 

Redd's Barbershop is owned by Cory Redding right? Also, I love the New Orleans Po Boy and Gumbo shop, owned by a Katrina transplant and legit.

Edited by texastough

Didn’t see this posted but two of those Buffalo cops (the ones who knocked the senior citizen down and left him there to bleed) were suspended.

And then 57 others resigned from the unit “in disgust because of the treatment of two of their members, who were simply executing orders.”

Ho. Ly. Shit.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/us/buffalo-police-suspension-shoving-man-trnd/index.html

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

If 60 out of 100 people are white and only 13 out of that 100 are black the chances of any one of those 60 people running into any one of the 13 is much less than any one of the 13 running into one of the 60. The discrepancy in those interactions plus the disproportionate poverty rates among black people account for the differences in interracial crimes. Yeah, yeah I know you love to disregard how much poverty affects crime rates, but the experts who actually study things like this ( I mean outside of places like stormfront), tend to agree that poverty, especially the desperation that comes with an awareness of the communal scarcity that you see in concentrated poverty, tends to impact the frequency of crime in any given demographic group. 

In truth I don't view you as a racist who has hate in your heart for black people. You're just the type of racist who is certain of your superiority over black people and you routinely express these sensibilities all over the Longhorn message board world. 

Every time a white person runs into a black person, a black person is also running into a white person.  In those interactions when there is violence, 90 percent of the time it is the black person committing it.  

If 60 out of 100 people are white and only 13 out of that 100 are black the chances of any one of those 60 people running into any one of the 13 is much less than any one of the 13 running into one of the 60. The discrepancy in those interactions plus the disproportionate poverty rates among black people account for the differences in interracial crimes. Yeah, yeah I know you love to disregard how much poverty affects crime rates, but the experts who actually study things like this ( I mean outside of places like stormfront), tend to agree that poverty, especially the desperation that comes with an awareness of the communal scarcity that you see in concentrated poverty, tends to impact the frequency of crime in any given demographic group.  In truth I don't view you as a racist who has hate in your heart for black people. You're just the type of racist who is certain of your superiority over black people and you routinely express these sensibilities all over the Longhorn message board world.  

let’s not even touch on the fact that black people don’t call the fucking cops. and when ever the cops the white man called do show up, who do you think Joe the Ku Klux Klan Cop is going to side with. the data is trash, it’s fundamentally fucking biased. don’t start no shit, there won’t be no shit is a fundamental truth in the black community and we learn that shit at an early age cause guess what, we know who’s side the cops will be on.  

90+ percent of murders/violence in this country is done by someone the victim knows. that’s true across the board regardless of race. who do you think makes up that extra 10%? I’d put my money on school shooters, mass murderers, and serial killers. the people who indiscriminately kill large groups of people are overwhelmingly white, but somehow the generic black man is substantially more violent towards the white man. fuck out of here with that bullshit.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I heard a guy on NPR that was discussing race and racism and pointed out that stats have been juked for decades to support various political or other goals.  The goals weren't necessarily white-superiority related, in some cases even an attempt to help AAs, but by and large they have been disfavorable to blacks.

He basically said people, white people in particular, have been duped and created a lot of a sort of stat-based racism.  I can't find the link or I'd post it.  

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

Every time a white person runs into a black person, a black person is also running into a white person.  In those interactions when there is violence, 90 percent of the time it is the black person committing it.  

You are clearly leaving cops out of your data set.

55 minutes ago, BLKNSTY said:

let’s not even touch on the fact that black people don’t call the fucking cops. and when ever the cops the white man called do show up, who do you think Joe the Ku Klux Klan Cop is going to side with. the data is trash, it’s fundamentally fucking biased. don’t start no shit, there won’t be no shit is a fundamental truth in the black community and we learn that shit at an early age cause guess what, we know who’s side the cops will be on.  

90+ percent of murders/violence in this country is done by someone the victim knows. that’s true across the board regardless of race. who do you think makes up that extra 10%? I’d put my money on school shooters, mass murderers, and serial killers. the people who indiscriminately kill large groups of people are overwhelmingly white, but somehow the generic black man is substantially more violent towards the white man. fuck out of here with that bullshit.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Didn’t see this posted but two of those Buffalo cops (the ones who knocked the senior citizen down and left him there to bleed) were suspended.

And then 57 others resigned from the unit “in disgust because of the treatment of two of their members, who were simply executing orders.

Ho. Ly. Shit.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/us/buffalo-police-suspension-shoving-man-trnd/index.html

Boy, they sure love to hide behind that one.

Tried and true.

3 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

And then 57 others resigned from the unit “in disgust because of the treatment of two of their members, who were simply executing orders.”

Ho. Ly. Shit.

Talk about tone deaf.  The FOP/police unions in many cities are basically a legal gang too.  You can do whatever and they have your back.  They’ll dole out retribution however they can as well.  While hiding behind the badge...

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 3

Talk about tone deaf.  The FOP/police unions in many cities are basically a legal gang too.  You can do whatever and they have your back.  They’ll dole out retribution however they can as well.  While hiding behind the badge...

I see people with those FOP stickers on their cars hoping it will get them out of a speeding ticket. My dad told me what was up with those mobsters a long time ago.
  • Like 3

While you communists and fascists litter our streets and social media with your political war, me and mine take a stand today. We're bringing the fucking calvary out and opening up youth baseball. I know not yet the faces of our enemies, but I'll stand at first base hoping the previously smoked joints don't lead to poor baserunning coaching like a got damn patriot. So if you're driving around this afternoon, and you see a bunch of 9 year olds breathing life back into America's pastime...honk your horn, crack open that Bud heavy, and let's get back to being ‘Mericans

While you communists and fascists litter our streets and social media with your political war, me and mine take a stand today. We're bringing the fucking calvary out and opening up youth baseball. I know not yet the faces of our enemies, but I'll stand at first base hoping the previously smoked joints don't lead to poor baserunning coaching like a got damn patriot. So if you're driving around this afternoon, and you see a bunch of 9 year olds breathing life back into America's pastime...honk your horn, crack open that Bud heavy, and let's get back to being ‘Mericans

Huh. Is we communists, or is we fascists?

bb590dfd3b0ffaccc38303589a0bfa4c.jpg

Either way, pretty stupid.

Maybe we’re Americans, speaking out for America.

Either way, we like baseball. Hope the kids have fun.
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, John Lawrence said:

Well I am all for opening everything back up and getting out and enjoying the fresh air so no complaints from me. We have been going to the park daily and now the dog parks are back open. I played basketball the last few weeks and the 2 courts had over 60 people out there total. Not sure what that has to do with this thread, though.

52 minutes ago, John Lawrence said:

49978164902_0756e46716.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Pretty crazy turn of events...a couple of weeks ago suppressing rioting was probably every cop’s wet dream. They got to put on the war gear and beat the shit out of unarmed people. Now they refuse to participate because they can no longer beat the shit out of people with impunity.

Yeah, starting to see more and more cops charged with various things after being caught on video.

It's like America decided to give them and their unions a chance to show their asses, and plenty are.

9 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Why the fuck are they in camo? I'm tired of these stupid motherfuckers pretending to be the military.  

Looks like National Guard? Think I saw an MP badge? Maybe why they are doing a good job and not escalating the situation. 

• Like 1

Looks like National Guard? Think I saw an MP badge? Maybe why they are doing a good job and not escalating the situation. 

This. The national guard is citizen soldiers - emphasis on citizen. They are our neighbors. No us v them because they’re us. I’m sure there’s an asshole here and there, but they haven’t spent years being indoctrinated into a WAR against the public, like the police have.
  • Like 3