Coffee Shops

texasdago

Guest Lobo

Prior to COVID-19, the one in my neighborhood had unreal eye candy.  Coffee is okay, pastries are for shit.  Haven’t been back since “re opening” because...you know, no eye candy. 

On 5/27/2020 at 6:32 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Alright, so where's THE go-to spot in Austin for a great espresso?

I still have feverish wet dreams about the cafe Americano they served at my hotel when I was on vacation in Barcelona.  Holy damn that was a great cup of Joe.

Have you tried Sorrento's on Anderson?

6 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Have you tried Sorrento's on Anderson?

Yeah, I've gotten coffee there but I don't think I've tried the espresso drinks.

I always chuckle at the max line of 2-3 cars when across the street there's 20 soccer moms in the Starbucks drive-thru.

On 5/26/2020 at 5:10 PM, ftf82 said:

Good choice. I get a gallon of their cold brew curbside once a week.

And apparently Summermoon has stopped selling gallons to go of their cold brew. It's no longer even on the menu of the Westlake location, and when I stopped by the original location on S. First, which still had it on the menu, the counterperson told me that "they were out" and he didn't know when they would have more. (WTF? I thought they cold brewed it on-site?). My guess is that they don't want to deal with buying gallon containers anymore. I ordered a half gallon from Little City Roasters that has free delivery in the Austin area for delivery tomorrow but it's not cheap ($14 for a half gallon). Anyone else know a good place to buy cold brew in bulk?

29 minutes ago, ftf82 said:

And apparently Summermoon has stopped selling gallons to go of their cold brew. It's no longer even on the menu of the Westlake location, and when I stopped by the original location on S. First, which still had it on the menu, the counterperson told me that "they were out" and he didn't know when they would have more. (WTF? I thought they cold brewed it on-site?). My guess is that they don't want to deal with buying gallon containers anymore. I ordered a half gallon from Little City Roasters that has free delivery in the Austin area for delivery tomorrow but it's not cheap ($14 for a half gallon). Anyone else know a good place to buy cold brew in bulk?

Check out Tiny House Coffee. Their cold brew is the best I've ever had, and they deliver. 

• Like 1

Fair Bean (RIP) had the best cold brew in town that I have tasted. Summermoon second. Have not had Tiny House's. I can say Sorrento's cold brew might be the worst I've had in town.  

As far as espresso, I don't get it much at all, but I'd probably say Café Medici or Once Over are safe bets.

Edited by D_Goose