Learn me on Sport Courts

Did a search but didn’t see a previous thread.

Thinking about putting a Pickleball court with basketball goal on one end in the backyard. Anyone install a Sport Court? How long does it take? Any ideas on ball park prices? Any good recommendations in Dallas?

Thanks.

I have never installed one, but we had them when I was growing up.  They are awesome.  The one recommendation I would make is to never ever play on it while it is wet.  It becomes very slippery and when you slide on it, it will make a waffle shaped burn on you.  We sued to call it getting "Aunt Jemimad".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/28/2020 at 10:37 AM, Hate said:

I have never installed one, but we had them when I was growing up.  They are awesome.  The one recommendation I would make is to never ever play on it while it is wet.  It becomes very slippery and when you slide on it, it will make a waffle shaped burn on you.  We sued to call it getting "Aunt Jemimad".

source (2).gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kmac30 said:

What is the size of a sport court? Trying to figure a place in our backyard.

They can be whatever size you want. Ours is getting started next week and it’s kind of trapezoid shape due to the shape of the space in the yard. Will let y’all know how the process goes

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Looks really nice. Did y’all paint a key on it? Is that a 72” backboard?

I went with the 60". The paint project took me most of August of 2018. (and yes, I fucked it up slightly, I measured the half circle from the backboard instead of the center of the hoop)

30190616228_b0162579e4_b.jpg

42249313320_13a361e38f_b.jpg

44009981102_4f3a4bde47_b.jpg

• Like 2