Richest people in every state. Who are some of these assholes?

Guest Lobo
1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

How do you miss that chance for an awesome note in the memo section?  Damn shame.  

Same reason checks 1001-1003 went to his mistresses.  Timing.  

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yes. I think it’s 3 siblings right now, assuming the WV entrant is the third. 

two brothers and sister. they're up there in age

knew the Mars right hand person, damn they had some great stories about that family 

Guest Lobo
Just now, Updawg said:

I don’t remember Mack chase in breaking bad

Who do think Gus kicked up to after he killed the cartel?  

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

396f9lmf45151.png

Didn't realize that Alice Walmart lives in Texas.

ND's Theraldson: Motel magnate.  Innovated many things that are ubiquitous in the mid-tie hotels today.

SD's Sanford: Built a buncha hospitals

IA's Harry Stine. Seed corn, naturally.

WI's Menard.  Started Menard's lumber and hardware.

MI's Meijer's.  Started the eastern Midwest version of Target.  (Much better than Target, imho.)

OH's Wexner.  Built Victoria's Secret, GAP and several others.  Big Ohio State booster, got Jeffrey Epstein his first big break.  (We're waiting for him to get in big trouble for it.)

• Like 2

Alaska is a hard pass.  Unless living there meant a couple months a year.  Have been, it’s beautiful to look at and GTFO.  If you’re social, you’re fucked.  Keep the 320M.  
Ken from IL owns the most residential real estate in the world.  Wonder where he decided to hole up.  Has no monster yachts.  Weird imo.  

10 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Alaska is a hard pass.  Unless living there meant a couple months a year.  Have been, it’s beautiful to look at and GTFO.  If you’re social, you’re fucked.  Keep the 320M.  
Ken from IL owns the most residential real estate in the world.  Wonder where he decided to hole up.  Has no monster yachts.  Weird imo.  

I feel like with $320 million you could maybe get a couple of other places too. 

Guest Lobo
13 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Why does Warren Buffet live in Nebraska?

Part of his folksy persona.  I actually do think he really does like being out of the limelight in real life.  He was really good at it for decades but the internet/social media age just got its grips into the investment game and he realized he needed to at least pay some attention to it.  So now he still lives there but engages the world digitally.  John Mackey tells a great story about Buffet's line of bullshit about his progressivism that I told on another thread.  Mackey has told it at small conferences before.  Anyway, Omaha is part of the schtick.

16 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I feel like with $320 million you could maybe get a couple of other places too. 

Yep, it's why I said I'd put in max 2 months there.  But if the 320M meant you needed 6 months there, fuck it.  Sometimes you need X amount of time in a state to actually be a resident.  I know because I'd be a lot better off as a FL resident and own a place there.  Not so easy to establish there because IL broke ass will come after me with all they got...

28 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I could handle living in/near Anchorage.

Fairbanks?  Hell no.  Been there, done that.  For WAY less than $320,000,000.

8 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Smart bazillionaires charter monster yachts from the crazy Russians & Arabs.

8 hours ago, Lobo said:

Part of his folksy persona.  I actually do think he really does like being out of the limelight in real life.  He was really good at it for decades but the internet/social media age just got its grips into the investment game and he realized he needed to at least pay some attention to it.  So now he still lives there but engages the world digitally.  John Mackey tells a great story about Buffet's line of bullshit about his progressivism that I told on another thread.  Mackey has told it at small conferences before.  Anyway, Omaha is part of the schtick.

What’s Mackey’s story about Buffet?

9 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Why does Warren Buffet live in Nebraska?

His father was in politics and he was born and raised there.  He spends all his time reading financials.  Lives in a very simplistic 1950's home and drives old Cadillac.  At one time he did own a beautiful beach home in Laguna Beach, CA.  No idea why he sold it other than he never visited that home.