Richest people in every state. Who are some of these assholes?

crash_davis

15 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Apparently she’s never given one penny to the school since leaving. She’s not that popular there.

She has a loan program where if you are a Texas resident (not sure why since it's a private school, but that's one of the stipulations), she will lend you money to attend the school.  She doesn't have her name on anything on campus, though.  That's the first time I've heard about her being not popular, though.  But I haven't paid close attention since I graduated.  

17 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

Has a habit of dwi. And killed someone while driving, don't know that she was drunk that time

https://www.mic.com/articles/79039/the-untold-story-of-alice-walton-s-dwi-incident

Alice has a ranch in the tiny town of Milsap, Texas. A buddy of mine was a PR guy (firefighter) for Devon in 2006 or so, and got to have a drink with Alice a few times. I don't know the details, but she ended up pulling out her American Express "Black" card. So he asked her, "Alice, what's the biggest thing you ever bought with that card?" Her response was a 747.

CHIEF

1 hour ago, orange dream said:

From the documentary on Buffett a couple of years ago, the man appears to me to have some idiosyncrasies bordering on the abnormal.  I'll bet the idea of moving out of Omaha terrifies him.

Dude went to Columbia and Penn and lived in NYC for his early career.  I just think he prefers flyover country where he can drive to work and think about financials without distraction.

I too would love to hear the Mackey anecdote lobo referenced.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

Alice has a ranch in the tiny town of Milsap, Texas. A buddy of mine was a PR guy (firefighter) for Devon in 2006 or so, and got to have a drink with Alice a few times. I don't know the details, but she ended up pulling out her American Express "Black" card. So he asked her, "Alice, what's the biggest thing you ever bought with that card?" Her response was a 747.

CHIEF

She got tired/bored of raising horses and sold both ranches out there. Now lives in Westover.

2 hours ago, davidg said:

Also the main reason Trinity has a billion dollar endowment.

It's a lot bigger than a billion the last time I checked - was over $1.5 billion as of May 31, 2019.  But that's why I won't give them any money.  These private schools don't do anything with their endowments, they just grow them.  i doubt Alice Walton has much, if anything, to do with how big the endowment is, though.  She's not a Trustee.

11 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Alabama not even having 1 measly little billionaire is funny to me. 

SEC SEC SEC

Frankly, I'm a little surprised that their bell cow isn't Saban. I just assumed that everyone in the state was taking cash out on their mobile home loans to keep him in Tuscaloosa, and that their "big money booster" was just Carl from the used car lot. Shame on me for stereotyping.

Edited by aggie08
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, orange dream said:

From the documentary on Buffett a couple of years ago, the man appears to me to have some idiosyncrasies bordering on the abnormal.  I'll bet the idea of moving out of Omaha terrifies him.

The whole dating or marrying anybody that is his caretaker was pretty hilarious. Also, the McDonald’s breakfast based on the previous days market was great too. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CHIEF said:

CHIEF

Best Alice Walton story:

Before and during the construction of the art museum, she was acquiring a lot of pieces through the auction market.  (They generally didn't want to sell to her but money talks.)  She did a lot of buys through straw buyers so people wouldn't know it was her.  Fast forward to one big auction at Christie's.  She was on her horse at the ranch in Texas.  Meanwhile, he straw buyer was buying everything in sight.  Just money whipping everybody like it was 12 Years a Motherfucking Slave.  He was paying double and triple market value for anything worth a shit.

After the auction was over, the head of the auction house approached the straw buyer.  Asked if he could have the pleasure of speaking to his client.  "Sure," he said.

Passed the phone to Alice.  After a few minutes, the auction guy asked "Where are you?"

"I'm on my horse in Texas."

"My, this is the first time I've sold art to someone on a horse."

In her VERY thick accent, she said "No it ain't."

• Like 2

On 5/26/2020 at 8:10 PM, crash_davis said:

396f9lmf45151.png

Didn't realize that Alice Walmart lives in Texas.

This list is shit.  Stan Kroenke is worth significantly more than $8B.  Not close.  Rob Walton also not on the list.  He lives in AZ.  Used to live in NV.  He's the richest person in either state.