Carrell clinic dallas: Dr. Todd Moen for shoulder surgery

Some may know from the lulz sub I fell through the attic at my house 2 weeks ago. MRI on Friday says I tore 5 tendons and partial bicep (yea me) catching myself on the rafters. The pain is incredible, I wake up at 4 when the meds expire nightly. But whatever.

Anyhow, any dealings with this guy? Two people said go to him, he is the shoulder guy. New territory for me.

he did my shoulder.  I only had a bone spur removed and some arthritis cleaned up last May, so it's been about a year.  I got the same recs about the Carrell clinic as the place to go for a shoulder.  Mine was just chronic pain and loss of range of motion. I tired PT and cortisone shots but finally came to the conclusion that the spur had to be removed.

no complaints about the surgery.  everything is better now and much improved from where i was before.  Guy is not that talkative, so you want to ask additional questions if you want more details on a subject.  

I think he cuts at 2 locations; the clinic and Presby (Texas Health) on Walnut/75.  

• Like 1

I feel like I’m going to have to go read about this. If got some bone chips missing from my shoulder. I went and saw a guy named Sumant(?) Krishnan about fixing it. Rehab was gonna take a while and I couldn’t take off of work for it. That was about 12 or 13 years ago. Don’t know anyone else.

12 hours ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Be sure to listen to the Dr Death podcast before you get cut on by a surgeon in DFW.

From reading the intro, it looks like that is focused on one neurosurgeon named Dr. Christopher Duntsch.  Correct?  If so, why clump all DFW surgeons in that category?  Looks like a lot of the docs at this clinic have been teams physicians for the Mavs (my doc), Stars, and Cowboys (at least the stuff I see on the 5th floor).   

3 hours ago, markstanco said:

From reading the intro, it looks like that is focused on one neurosurgeon named Dr. Christopher Duntsch.  Correct?  If so, why clump all DFW surgeons in that category?  Looks like a lot of the docs at this clinic have been teams physicians for the Mavs (my doc), Stars, and Cowboys (at least the stuff I see on the 5th floor).   

I'm not and am sure the guy you found is good.  I'm just doing my Surly duty of posting a horror story in a CYHMWT thread.  Good luck!

• Like 1

The Carrell Clinic has a spectacular reputation in orthopedic surgery, dating back to when it was a very rarefied specialty.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the doctors there.

They are not the only game in town (or state or region for that matter) anymore.

• Like 1

The Carrell Clinic has a spectacular reputation in orthopedic surgery, dating back to when it was a very rarefied specialty.
They are not the only game in town (or state or region for that matter) anymore.
They operated on some soccer player named Ronaldo. (Sarcasm) I can't believe he flew from Europe to dtx for whatever his ailment was. Ironically the CC is in my BCBS network, so it costs the same to go to them vs some local doc who works on all limbs.

I ripped and/or tore 5 ligaments including one of them doing the party favor rolling up and he said it would take an hour to fix me. Rotator shifted 3 degrees but no big deal apparently.

This shit is ridiculously painful right now but can't wait. Hence my 5a posts at times.

Thanks for the confidence builder, I do really appreciate it. I did a ton of research along with a BIL rec. My 11 year old who loves him some Luka and KP for the Mavs told me my surgeon works on the squad so he is fine with this doc.