Website and Social Media Management

We are switching over to a different company to manage our website and social media. What contract and safeguards do I need to put in place beforehand to make sure that we continue to own the website and social media pages and can add some content and transfer to a different company if the one we are switching to can't deliver?

Developer hereby assigns and conveys to Customer the entire right, title, and interest in and to any copyrightable or otherwise protectable intellectual property created, authored, or invented as a result of its performance under this agreement.

Or something similar.  

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

Developer hereby assigns and conveys to Customer the entire right, title, and interest in and to any copyrightable or otherwise protectable intellectual property created, authored, or invented as a result of its performance under this agreement.

Or something similar.  

This might be the shortest thing ever written by an attorney. Congrats!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

This might be the shortest thing ever written by an attorney. Congrats!

But you still haven't seen the bill.  That took 15 minutes of planning to get ready to work on that, 30 minutes to get ready to work that, and 30 minutes to wrap up the file on top of the hour's work that sentence took.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Reagan1k said:

But you still haven't seen the bill.  That took 15 minutes of planning to get ready to work on that, 30 minutes to get ready to work that, and 30 minutes to wrap up the file on top of the hour's work that sentence took.

Don't forget the time to post it on surly, along with some other shit.

Also, I failed because.

full_Chuckie.jpg

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Don't forget the time to post it on surly, along with some other shit.

Also, I failed because.

full_Chuckie.jpg

Don't forget you need to pay me to poke around some biker bars, jump a fence, and take some photos down by the marina.

(flops onto couch, lights cigar, winks at Della Street.)

• Like 1