Super Mega Baseball 3

Hawndoh

Recently released, very fun baseball game. On all consoles and PC, I got it on Switch. There is a free demo you can try.

If you don't mind not having official MLB teams and you don't mind a more cartoon look with both male and female players, it is actually a very good baseball game.

You set an "Ego" setting between 0-100 which sets the difficulty. You can dial it way back and make an arcade smash-fest.  But if you dial it up it turns the game into a pretty difficult baseball sim. The pitching feels great. You can set up the batter and get them chasing garbage off the plate. You can adjust your infield and outfield alignment, etc. You can play with a DH or not.

Can play single games, seasons, or a fairly deep franchise mode with a salary cap, trades, offseason stuff, and player development. There is a cross-play online mode, and you can play against others or you can play co-op with a friend.

If you are familiar with SMMB2 the new game is pretty similar, but it adds the franchise mode, and it changed a bit how stealing works.

Overall a really fun baseball game if you don't mind fictional teams.

• 2 weeks later...

I've played maybe 25 full games. Trying to slowly dial up the difficulty rating. 

I'll pitch great for 6-7 innings and then it all goes to hell. 

At the difficulty I'm trying I am hitting and fielding pretty well but pitching is up and down.

• 1 year later...

Made this thread a couple of years ago, bumping now because it recently hit Gamepass for anyone that has XBox. 

I originally had it on Switch and it was fun, now on my Series X it is fun and looks much prettier and runs smoother.

On 3/5/2022 at 3:12 PM, Hawndoh said:

Made this thread a couple of years ago, bumping now because it recently hit Gamepass for anyone that has XBox. 

I originally had it on Switch and it was fun, now on my Series X it is fun and looks much prettier and runs smoother.

Is there that much of a difference between 3 and 2? I play 2 but haven't bought 3 cause it didn't seem that much different.

I think Franchise mode is the biggest difference and maybe some of the online multiplayer leagues. I think you can do public and private leagues but I haven't messed with that much.

Outside of those features I think the gameplay itself is mostly the same from smbb2.