First (?) socially distanced concert happens

Buzzrock

Guest Lobo

LiveNation is operating under the assumption, and wisely so, that large musical concerts/festivals will literally be the last thing to come back on.  And likely not for another 9-12 months.  

that's the people who have more to lose than anyone, saying that.  Take that for what it's worth.  

30 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

I go to a lot of live music, but there are close to zero artists who I'd go see under those circumstances.  

I might buy a ticket for a band or venue I felt especially strongly about, just to help keep them afloat until this passes.

I know it looks sad, but it's a step up from the house concerts. And really it can double as an improved house concert if they livestream the show, maybe with a donation link to help the venue staff or something.

So many positives to doing this - if it can be done safely as it looks like the Arkansas folks did. Some revenue to keep small venues alive, a chance for lesser known artists to be seen/heard, a chance for music fans to go to a show again. (And short girls can see the stage for once!)

It's like sports, if we are 1-2 years from the experience we are used to having, we take what we can get. A lot of fans won't go near it but that's kind of the idea. Many more fans are fine being in small venues with small crowds, even before all this. Hope it catches on nationwide.