Launching humans into space again from America - Space X

Tailgate

The launch will take off from Kennedy Space Center in Florida at 4:33 p.m. Eastern time.

NASA will stream the launch live on its website, YouTube and other platforms, starting at noon.

• 4:33 p.m. – Liftoff
  • 5:22 p.m. – Crew Dragon phase burn 
  • 6:05 p.m. – Far-field manual flight test 
  • 7:05 p.m. – Astronaut downlink event from Crew Dragon

Weather may be a factor.

Edited by Tailgate
  • Like 3

Guest Lobo
1 minute ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

And why the need for an armed assault vehicle? 

They're launching the EM-50 in to Space?  

A new era of human spaceflight is set to begin as American astronauts once again launch on an American rocket from American soil to the International Space Station as part of NASA’s Commercial Crew Program. NASA astronauts Robert Behnken and Douglas Hurley will fly on SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft, lifting off on a Falcon 9 rocket at 4:33 p.m. EDT May 27, from Launch Complex 39A in Florida, for an extended stay at the space station for the Demo-2 mission. The specific duration of the mission is to be determined.

As the final flight test for SpaceX, this mission will validate the company’s crew transportation system, including the launch pad, rocket, spacecraft, and operational capabilities. This also will be the first time NASA astronauts will test the spacecraft systems in orbit.

Guest Lobo

We need Ramjet for the space details/significance, we need PhDhorn for the weather vitals.  Meantime, it's the rest of us who want to impress our children when we're watching it, and all we're doing is quoting "stripes", "animal house" and "Mad men."  So yeah, basically...par for the course.  But I think it's our first manned mission (of any kind) since we decommissioned the STS platform with NASA personnel.  It's a "NASA Launch" but with spaceX hardware.  It's a big fucking deal because it's humans being hurtled into space.  But yeah, some background color would be nice.  Also, looks like an overcast sauna over there in FLA.  

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

We need Ramjet for the space details/significance, we need PhDhorn for the weather vitals.  Meantime, it's the rest of us who want to impress our children when we're watching it, and all we're doing is quoting "stripes", "animal house" and "Mad men."  So yeah, basically...par for the course.  But I think it's our first manned mission (of any kind) since we decommissioned the STS platform with NASA personnel.  It's a "NASA Launch" but with spaceX hardware.  It's a big fucking deal because it's humans being hurtled into space.  But yeah, some background color would be nice.  Also, looks like an overcast sauna over there in FLA.  

"John, do you think I'm officer material?"

i hope that they made the right decision re: the weather. i've got my entire family watching it
Dont worry about that. The monumental event and what it means for the future outweighs the risk of what a lot of us saw in elementary school.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

i hope that they made the right decision re: the weather. i've got my entire family watching it

The weather will either scrub it or allow it, it won't blow it up. 

They just said the weather is trending in the wrong direction. After saying for the past 30 minutes that it was trending in the right direction.