Launching humans into space again from America - Space X

Tailgate

Can you imagine hooking with the space station at that speed which is also traveling similar speed? And doing that after a 19 hour trip?
It's what I used to do... Getting two vehicles moving that fast to be together at the same place at essentially 0.1 fps difference in velocity is a true orbital ballet.
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

The amount of balls it takes to approve using the excess margin of the rocket to return to earth vice allowing all margin to go toward mission assurance.  A great program/contracted win. The amount of times I argued allowing SX to return boosters on Gov missions has aged me 50 years.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

The amount of balls it takes to approve using the excess margin of the rocket to return to earth vice allowing all margin to go toward mission assurance.  A great program/contracted win. The amount of times I argued allowing SX to return boosters on Gov missions has aged me 50 years.  

Whydon'tyouexplainthistomelikeI'mfive.gif

It's what I used to do... Getting two vehicles moving that fast to be together at the same place at essentially 0.1 fps difference in velocity is a true orbital ballet.
Did Katherine Johnson sign off on your work, or did she have to fix it....

2 minutes ago, DCA_HORN said:
18 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:
Only in amount and duration of video coverage. The verbal commentary is total ass.

I miss the NASA channel though. I watched for hours seeing my neighbors fix the Hubble.

I watched the whole thing on NASA channel.  Was pretty damn cool 

Guest Lobo

And America took back to the heavens, despite the costs and the risk, for the very simple reason...it's what was next.  

Godspeed to the Crew.  Maybe the new images of our pale blue dot, suspended in a sunbeam, will bring some inspiration and mutual sense of purpose.  

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

And America took back to the heavens, despite the costs and the risk, for the very simple reason...it's what was next.  

Godspeed to the Crew.  Maybe the new images of our pale blue dot, suspended in a sunbeam, will bring some inspiration and mutual sense of purpose.  

What is this dot you speak of?

3EDFDBEB-A130-4E9B-8DA5-8871C2875ABC.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

That’s all I care about. I don’t listen to any of their crap commentary. I just want to see what’s happening

This.  Wife asked which channel and I told her it didn't make a fuck.  I just wanted to watch the video feeds.

Kinda like football we used to watch...