Launching humans into space again from America - Space X

Tailgate

28 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Further launches of starlink. 

This is the one I've been watching. I live in an area where the best internet service I can get is LTE-based which is actually surprisingly good (lower latency than cable, but bandwidth is 40-50Mbps at best) but disconnects you a few times a day when you get handed off to a different band randomly, though it's usually only a few seconds, annoying for working remotely though.

True low latency high speed satellite internet would be awesome if they can pull it off.

I wonder if it smells bad in the capsule/station.  I mean, if you were in micro gravity would you try to use a fart to propel yourself?
There was a thread on reddit where some very smart people did the math and came to the conclusion that the fart wouldn't have enough force to propel you

Years ago if someone wants to try and find it

On 5/30/2020 at 3:23 PM, Ths71 said:

https://iss-sim.spacex.com/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Argh its just killing me that the controls are not pilot-style (reversed in pitch). Down arrow should make you pitch up, and vice versa. Maybe I should try my joystick but I'm guessing this does not support joystick control.

Also I don't see any visual indicator of your translation thrust setting/intensity. Without that it's hard to keep track of how the thrusters are set. 

ISS passing overhead around 10:27 if interested. Coming from NW to SE. Cool to have the kids see where the SpaceX mission ended up.
Link

Yep saw it last night and again tonight
Pretty cool

Or as my buddy said when I sent him a blurry pic of it tonight:

“Man. So there are dudes floating around eating dried ice cream and drinking Tang in that fucking dot right now. Wild “

• 5 months later...

Just ran down to our beach to watch... something I’ve failed to do for our three years here in Jacksonville Beach. Did not disappoint! Gorgeous orange plume could be seen on horizon approx 15 seconds after liftoff and watched it until about 70* when clouds blocked it. Then saw stage 1 burn down almost dead East for about 15 seconds.

Easily one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

2020, lot of disruption, some of it positive:

SpaceX: We have now launched twice from American soil, with no problems.

Russia/Soyuz, Boeing: angry jim carrey GIF

Apple:  We are building our Macs with our own CPUs, and performance is phenomenal.

Intel: Superstore Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

And the Dodgers and Lakers won championships.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Let's light that candle! 

SpaceX will be conducting a 10 km test flight of their SN9 prototype vehicle. This flight will be a repeat of the largely successful SN8 test flight, with some possible minor flight profile changes. SN9 will lift off from Boca Chica, Texas under the power of its three Raptor engines.

The Raptor engines will shut off one by one during ascent to decrease loads and acceleration on the vehicle.

At apogee, the single Raptor engine still burning will initiate the vertical-to-horizontal flip before shutting off. SN9 will make use of its body flaps to keep it stable during descent.

Prior to landing, SN9 will ignite two of its Raptor engines to reorientate itself back into a vertical position and perform a propulsive landing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Launch time still TBD?

Theres a talking head on the feed. Is that new?

There's a few amateur outfits covering the launch - there's usually a few options if you click around the recommended live vids to find another one

Launch time is a loose 2P CT (roughly 30 minutes from this post time)

• Hook 'Em 1

This is some pretty extreme engineering iteration and testing in a live environment. It's crazy that they're firing, throttling, shaking, and yanking engines around all while it's being autonomously controlled and flown by the craft itself.

Goddamn that is some good ass future bullshit

• Hook 'Em 3