Art Bell has passed away

Chrispy

Art Bell got me through many long nights on a nightshift job I used to have.  Loved Coast to Coast.   He had such a great voice for that show too.  I thought he was way older than 72 though.  I would've guessed mid 80's.

Edited by yoshi
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, yoshi said:

Art Bell got me through many long nights on a nightshift job I used to have.  Loved Coast to Coast.   He had such a great voice for that show too.  I thought he was way older than 72 though.  I would've guessed mid 80's.

Being married to a young Filipino can do that to you. 

1 hour ago, BearSchlong said:

Loved that dude, all those late night drives back to campus coming home from road trips. . . .My FIL was a featured guest with George Noory so this sorta hits close to home?

Nice.  What was he on there for?

1 hour ago, BearSchlong said:

oh no it was early 2000s

Roger that. The guy I'm thinking of was from your neck of the woods, I remember that much. It's been in the last few months and I'm not sure what the actual topic was, they were just kinda shooting the shit when the story about Bush came up. Now that I think about it he may have been Secret Service. Maybe CIA. Definitely not your FIL. Definitely NOT. You hear that Mr. Schlonginlaw? I know NOTHING!

I'd never heard of this guy or his show.  Friend of mine and I are driving back from Dallas to Knoxville in the middle of the night circa 1997.  I come across this show.  People are calling in live with updates about an alien invasion.  One guy's calling in from Mockingbird and Skillman (Dallas intersection) and describing this ship hovering over the city.  I freak the F out and punch my friend awake.  I guess I fell for a modern-day "War of the Worlds" but hell, that drive sure did fly by.

I don't know about the whole week but last night was tribute to Art Bell night with George Noory. At the very end of his show he played a recording of the show that Art did about when his first wife Ramona died. They also had an interview with a friend of Arts, I think the guys name was Danyon(?) at least that's how they pronounced it. He mentioned that Art died with a one year old son from his second wife Airyn. All in all it was a different sort of show for CtC but still good.