Minneapolis is Burning

F250

9 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

How much does it take for everyone to realize how insanely broken this country truly is. 

A lot more, sadly.   We’ve been well trained to obey and have faith in a system that falling apart in front of our eyes.  Many whites are still rather clueless about the intensity of this moment in our history, probably b/c they believe it will all work out. 

1 hour ago, F250 said:

Yahoo News puts a different spin on it than The Guardian article it cites which isn't focused on Klobuchar. From The Guardian:

"In 2006, Chauvin was one of several officers involved in the shooting death of a man who stabbed others before turning on the police.

Although Klobuchar was the Hennepin county attorney at the time of an October 2006 police shooting involving Chauvin, she did not prosecute and instead the case went to a grand jury that declined to charge the officers with wrongdoing in 2008."

That doesn't sound particularly damning of Klobuchar. I'd need to examine each incident on a case by case basis in order to come to any conclusion. 

I have no problem with them throwing bricks at police cars, burning down police department buildings, etc. Keep doing that shit until the motherfuckers are arrested.  Just stay away from unrelated businesses or buildings. 

• Like 1

He corrected to attempting to take one. Protestors have knocked the windows out and cops are on the roof shooting tear gas into the crowd.

I have no problem with them throwing bricks at police cars, burning down police department buildings, etc. Keep doing that shit until the motherfuckers are arrested.  Just stay away from unrelated businesses or buildings. 

I’ll be honest...I’m surprised by the fact that the protesters haven’t hit police buildings with a shitload of Molotov cocktails. Seriously, that’s some restraint.

5 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

He corrected to attempting to take one. Protestors have knocked the windows out and cops are on the roof shooting tear gas into the crowd.

No they took it.  Set stuff on fire inside and the sprinklers went off.  It’s the 3rd precinct where the murder cop was from.

Shows you how isolated I am. I turn on the 11 o'clock news to find that there have been protests in support of George Lloyd going on in downtown Columbus for the past five hours. Nothing particularly violent. Cops have used some pepper spray, some protesters have thrown water bottles and eggs. No vandalism or anything. I saw a few knuckleheads mugging for the CBS affiliate's camera. 

I support the cause. Hopefully everything remains mostly peaceful. 

3 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Ali says there are some on top.

for real? holy shit.

the police have wanted this war, and now they are getting it. 

here's hoping the police made the decision to abandon that station. tons of fireworks going off at the third precinct on fire. active and coordinated attempt to bring flammable materials to the fire. 

this is fucking wild. this is as close to domestic insurrection as i've maybe seen since the rodney king riots.

let's keep in mind that rodeny king should have brought this lesson home TWENTY EIGHT FUCKING YEARS AGO

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

This is gonna get worse and Trump is gonna send in troops

If he does that, it's gonna get a lot fucking worse.  In a bunch of cities.

That obvious fact in no way precludes his dumb ass from doing it.

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Obviously take this with a huge grain of salt, but this is making the rounds on social media tonight.

jesus. it does look like him...

i hope somebody follows up on this. 

somebody already tried to blame antifa in the DT thread... this feels like a movie...not antifa...the cops themselves... holy shit 😳

20 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Man, if any cops die in that fire, it's gonna look awfully different there tomorrow night.  

I hope this satisfies the crowd and this shit starts to die down before a whole bunch of people get hurt.

Just think if the local police had just arrested the man who murdered a person and had it fully recorded on video from multiple angles. If anyone not wearing a badge had done the same, they would be behind bars waiting to get out on bail. This murderer had an armed phalanx of 50+ cops outside his house last night. 

This pure unfiltered RAGE is the fruit of decades of inequity of justice and law enforcement. 

• Like 7