Minneapolis is Burning

F250

17 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Protesters yea, people walking by cameras yelling fuck the police yea, pyromaniacs throwing plywood on the fire by the station not so much.

i dunno... i'm watching this feed right outside the station and he's interviewing people as they come by... and they ARE diverse. and pissed and very clearly articulating what it is they're pissed about. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Just think if the local police had just arrested the man who murdered a person and had it fully recorded on video from multiple angles. If anyone not wearing a badge had done the same, they would be behind bars waiting to get out on bail. This murderer had an armed phalanx of 50+ cops outside his house last night. 

This pure unfiltered RAGE is the fruit of decades of inequity of justice and law enforcement. 

I understand all of that.  

I'm just hoping no one else gets hurt.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Just think if the local police had just arrested the man who murdered a person and had it fully recorded on video from multiple angles. If anyone not wearing a badge had done the same, they would be behind bars waiting to get out on bail. This murderer had an armed phalanx of 50+ cops outside his house last night. 

This pure unfiltered RAGE is the fruit of decades of inequity of justice and law enforcement. 

This is 100 percent the fault of law enforcement. 

Here in Dallas when I first moved here the cops in downtown got killed during the protest but the Dallas PD handled themselves the right way. They didn't go on the warpath and incite the wrath of the masses. They did what they could to diffuse. 

Same thing ended up happening with the Amber Guyger horrific situation. Tensions got high but the PD diffused and the DAs office eventually did the right thing. 

If Minneapolis doesn't antagonize and act like they're SS or gestapo this doesn't get this bad. 

So...let’s see where we are as a country....

We have a non functioning federal government led by a man who is trafficking in cruel conspiracy theories and amplifying statements that “the only good dem is a dead dem.”

We are in the midst of a global pandemic, where we are one of the worst performing countries. We have 100k dead and counting.

Related to that, we have entered an economic depression, with record unemployment.

We have racially tinged murders grabbing the headlines, one by pathetic rednecks affiliated with local police, covered for by local cops and prosecutors till video gets out...and now a new one with a slow-motion murder of a black man by cop on video.

We have civil unrest and violence in several cities, with one of them on fire.

I mean....I think we might be in bad shape, guys.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

MSNBC reporter on the ground says he heard gunfire coming from the police station. Who knows. 

I think if you break into the police station and set it on fire then you should probably expect to get shot. 

8 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Systemic failure. We, as a nation, need to start listening to those on the bleeding edges.

We need more philosopher cops.

spacer.png

sometimes, it's the dismal tide. sometimes it's the enraged tsunami. 2020 has presented the perfect opportunity for the tsunami. we have trump doing trump things, wearing on people. he's also a racist, which rankles black folks not self-named diamond and silk. you also have had numerous examples of unarmed black folks dying at the hands of police, resulting in numerous protests and rioting over the past 40 fucking years. then you have covid-19 quarantine, which has everyone already on edge and/or out of work. you also have people wearing masks everywhere, emboldening certain types of malignant behaviors. 

then you have a very clear video of a man being murdered by a cop. then, while that person is fired, he is still not arrested, following a pattern that is clearly seen by people who live in dense urban environments. they sure didn't as fuck enact a week long investigation into george floyd's alleged forgery before clapping him in cuffs, putting him face down on pavement, and resting a knee on his neck. 

people are sick of this shit. these flare-ups are a result of inactivity of the people in power to try to fix these systemic issues, because they are incentivized not to do so. these communities can only put up with it for so long before the dismal tide turns into the enraged tsunami.

Edited by hayden_horn
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

We have a non functioning federal government led by a man who is trafficking in cruel conspiracy theories and amplifying statements that “the only good is a dead .”
We are in the midst of a global pandemic, where we are one of the worst performing countries. We have 100k dead and counting.
Related to that, we have entered an economic depression, with record unemployment.
We have racially tinged murders grabbing the headlines, one by pathetic rednecks affiliated with local police, covered for by local cops and prosecutors till video gets out...and now a new one with a slow-motion murder of a black man by cop on video.

gotdammit Brisket you make me feel like John Hammond feels about Malcolm in Jurassic Park lol ❤

17 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It doesn't help that it's coming at a time when a lot of people are out of work and have been pent up inside for the last couple of months.

this Unicorn Riot feed is extraordinary. these are NOT anarchists or antifa or thugs or whatever... these people are in pain. they are very clear on why they are there. many of them knew George personally. 

and most of them are even wearing masks lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mchookem said:

this Unicorn Riot feed is extraordinary. these are NOT anarchists or antifa or thugs or whatever... these people are in pain. they are very clear on why they are there. many of them knew George personally. 

and most of them are even wearing masks lol 

Link?

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

We have a non functioning federal government led by a man who is trafficking in cruel conspiracy theories and amplifying statements that “the only good dem is a dead dem.”

11 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

sometimes, it's the dismal tide. sometimes it's the enraged tsunami. 2020 has presented the perfect opportunity for the tsunami. we have trump doing trump things, wearing on people. he's also a racist, which rankles black folks not self-named diamond and silk. you also have had numerous examples of unarmed black folks dying at the hands of police, resulting in numerous protests and rioting over the past 40 fucking years. then you have covid-19 quarantine, which has everyone already on edge and/or out of work. you also have people wearing masks everywhere, emboldening certain types of malignant behaviors. 

then you have a very clear video of a man being murdered by a cop. then, while that person is fired, he is still not arrested, following a pattern that is clearly seen by people who live in dense urban environments. they sure didn't as fuck enact a week long investigation into george floyd's alleged forgery before clapping him in cuffs, putting him face down on pavement, and resting a knee on his neck. 

people are sick of this shit. these flare-ups are a result of inactivity of the people in power to try to fix these systemic issues, because they are incentivized not to do so. these communities can only put up with it for so long before the dismal tide turns into the enraged tsunami.

Does this mean that Ann-Margret's not coming?

• Like 1

Welp, vandalism broke out in downtown Columbus. Some protesters started breaking windows at the entrance to the Statehouse. The video showed cops inside approaching the entrance with the red beams of the laser sights on their guns clearly visible. That seemed to have put a quick end to things. The cops formed a barricade in front of the entrance and the protesters all receded. 

Some asshole bashed a bunch of windows on the bus stop shelter in front of the building. Which is pretty shitty because we have a good bus system in this town. Other than that, just a bunch of overturned trash cans. I heard a report of one dumpster set on fire. No couches have been harmed. 

• Like 1

Welp, vandalism broke out in downtown Columbus. Some protesters started breaking windows at the entrance to the Statehouse. The video showed cops inside approaching the entrance with the red beams of the laser sights on their guns clearly visible. That seemed to have put a quick end to things. The cops formed a barricade in front of the entrance and the protesters all receded. 
Some asshole bashed a bunch of windows on the bus stop shelter in front of the building. Which is pretty shitty because we have a good bus system in this town. Other than that, just a bunch of overturned trash cans. I heard a report of one dumpster set on fire. No couches have been harmed. 

No couches have been harmed?
Now we know you’re full of shit.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

No couches have been harmed?
Now we know you’re full of shit.

There aren't any college students living in downtown Columbus with decades-old couches on their porches. And it's been 3,106 days since Michigan last beat tOSU in football so I haven't heard of any couch burning incidents in a long time. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That's like a regular Thursday afternoon in Ohio though.  How can you tell if its related?

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I’m sure this will calm things down.

Right on cue, this will be republican rally cry to say see democrats at fault and vote for trump. A lot of people will be swayed by this and go back to him 

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I’m sure this will calm things down.

Hmm.  So he is calling for tyranny.  You think all those 2A protesters are going to show up and fight with their fellow citizens against tyranny if Trump actually does that?

1 minute ago, Gengs1 said:

Right on cue, this will be republican rally cry to say see democrats at fault and vote for trump. A lot of people will be swayed by this and go back to him 

No one who wasn't already voting for Trump will be swayed by this.