Minneapolis is Burning

F250

It was way more than just a Target. They burned an autozone, a housing complex, a Wendy's, an Aldi's, a Cub market, a semi truck, and a liquor store. The looting, rioting, and arson was completely out of control and it was terrorism, full stop. All it did was worsen the lives of others in the community. 

I was sent to the last time I read the thread because I'm on tapa, and saw this. This is phenominally aggy and you should be ashamed. Fuck off with that "terrorism" nonsense. You know what worsens lives in the community? Being killed for no reason on a regular basis. Floyd and Arbrey just the latest recent examples and you're taking a hard line on a fucking Wendy's. Jesus Christ.

I fully agree with the violent protest in response to another black man’s death at the hands of police.  But they really should be looting the Police station

It's impossible to loot the police station

Lol about that...

This site is getting goddamned ridiculous.  I wasn't much of a cloak room reader before, but the whole 'muh safe space' on the DT side of the house about issues that inherently intertwine with politics is fucking ridiculous and weak.  Not to mention there's a lot of not so subtle dog whistling that invites a political reply, then they all scream 'no politics here you dumbass go to the cloak room!' Hell, one of the posters replied with "just go vote blue if you think that will fix everything."  
As if an internet discussion board is supposed to have a 'just the facts ma'am' section where nobody has an opinion on anything.  As if the DT is the internet board's equivalent of Reuters or the AP.  Stupid.   When did Texas sports fans become such overall pussies that have to scream as if poisoned because their eyes happened to alight upon something political in nature?  
That the moderators encourage such bitchassness pretty sad as well,  honestly. 

Username kinda sorta maybe checks out
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Protecting their own.  Chauvin has his defense.

in torts you take a plaintiff as you find them.  i'd assume it's the same in criminal law, though underlying conditions may go toward lack of intent. 

• Like 1

He died after seven minutes of that notoriously sadistic asshole's knee being pressed into his neck. 

Yeah, but his health. 

His last words aside from the begging were "I can't breathe."

I know. Substance abuse makes people say strange things. 

Yeah - get ready for the shitshow to ramp up in Minnesota.
a9ff302879cd10da60204bfa3b5528bb.jpg

Got to get that “ANY POTENTIAL INTOXICANTS” (wink wink) jab in.
Yeah, the fuck is that supposed to mean?

The best defense they have are "he was gonna die eventually of heart disease anyway amirite?"

5 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Yeah, the fuck is that supposed to mean?

The best defense they have are "he was gonna die eventually of heart disease anyway amirite?"

Said the same thing about Covid 19 deaths.

8 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

COLIN KAEPERNICK IS JUST A GRIFTER RABBLE RABBLE

that dipshit doesn't know the difference between che guevara and "che guerra."  given the projection of grifter status on CK, i suspect he is probably also decidedly blind to the irony of wrapping all his xmas presents in trump wrapping paper.

5 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

You can't do a tox screen on a corpse in like 3-4 days.

It ain't like a piss or blood test - they have to take tissue samples and stuff. 

So they speculate in the charging document about "potential intoxicants".  Seems like you maybe wait for the data to come in before you start smearing the guy.  The prosecutors are fucking pigs too. They are going to throw the case. 

11 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Yeah - get ready for the shitshow to ramp up in Minnesota.
a9ff302879cd10da60204bfa3b5528bb.jpg

Got to get that “ANY POTENTIAL INTOXICANTS” (wink wink) jab in.

Yeah....that's utterly chickenshit.  If there is not yet any evidence of intoxicants, then they shouldn't be mentioned.

When "the combined effects" of your physical condition (whether that's good or bad) AND wrongful conduct kill you.....guess what?  That's murder.

Imagine that Mr. Floyd was born with a really thin skull -- like, 1/4 the thickness of a typical skull.  And officer Chauvin starts clocking him over the head with a nightstick...and Floyd says "man, stop hitting my head, I have a thin skull, you're going to kill me."  And Chauvin keeps on hitting him.....cracking his skull and killing him.  Floyd didn't die from having a thin skull.  Floyd was a man with a thin skull who died from being hit over the head repeatedly.

Floyd didn't have his airway completely cut off (so, examining for that is bullshit to begin with).  His ability to TAKE breaths was impaired.  And yeah, an older guy with high blood pressure might have more of a struggle with that than a young olympian would.  That matters not to the fact that the cop CAUSED his death, and was TOLD that he was causing his death IN FUCKING REAL TIME.

Seriously, when given the opportunity to double down, Minneapolis officials seem to be saying "fuck that, let's TRIPLE DOWN!"

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

So they speculate in the charging document about "potential intoxicants".  Seems like you maybe wait for the data to come in before you start smearing the guy.  The prosecutors are fucking pigs too. They are going to throw the case. 

That's pretty much a stone-cold lock at this point.

17 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Let it burn. 

Yeah....I can't argue against that at this point.  I just can't.

The pervasive untruthfulness in modern society just blows my mind.  I saw the Minnesota AG on CNN this morning, and he correctly said he wanted to see the medical examiner's report before drawing final conclusions, but that it looked bad.  

Then, the authorities toss in this "potential intoxicants" hand grenade, just because.  Gaslighting, lying, whatever you want to call it, has all become normalized.  The ends justify the means, even when the ends are utterly unjustifiable.  Un-fucking-real.

35 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Protecting their own.  Chauvin has his defense.

I mean, it's obvious he wasn't asphyxiated to death.  But y'all want to say that it was a combination of his health and his intoxication and the cop's knee on his neck that killed him?  Okay.  Which of those things can the PD take out of the equation?  Or is the lesson to black men that they'd better not drink a beer or develop a heart condition or whatever because the cops are definitely going to grind their faces into the pavement sooner or later, so black men had better make sure they're completely healthy so they don't get themselves killed by that cop's knee?

This is infuriating.  And I'm not in the "every time a white cop kills a black man, the cop is automatically racist and the black man is automatically innocent" crowd.  I've seen stuff where I could see both sides of it.  Not all of them, but some.

This is not one of those.  The dude was face down, not resisting, crying for his freaking mama, and there were like 4 cops standing over him.  What threat did he pose?  You cuff him and put him in the car and let the judicial system decide if he did anything wrong or not.  You don't fucking execute him in the street.  God dammit.

• Like 2

The breaking point is hopefully upon us. America has had a good run, but nothing lasts forever. 

We'll know within the next 5 months if we're willing to rebuild this country or let it fall into absolute ruin for a least a couple of generations. 

This is righteous anger. Let it all out. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley

They have the pressure of the whole country, hell the whole world watching and they are going this route. Why? 

I think Minneapolis police is rife with corruption and the DAs are being pressured by the police union and/or the dirty cops to close ranks with them.

I posted a tweet  in the Daily Texan thread about a guy reporter uncovering the fact that Derek Chauvin claimed his primary residence in Florida despite working full time in Minneapolis. How the fuck is that possible? He can't be the only fucker cop in that department doing shady shit. That is just the tip of the iceberg, I'm sure. What other shady Bullshit is going on?

53 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Pay attention the narratives each get from the media and the country in general as opposed to peaceful protests from another demographic and you will see the root of what is wrong in this country. That demographic with guns = omg scary and thugs!! criminals!!" The other side with guns protesting = defending their rights and the constitution. I'd love to see how they would have reacted if the cops came and enticed them with tear gas and harassment. 

Remember, all this rebellion started with peaceful protests. It got out of hand once they were purposely enticed by the cops. Calculated. To push the agenda that this side are animals and the other side is peaceful and great Muricans! It's all a game to them.

The city Mayor is a Democrat, the police chief is black, and the governor is a Democrat. So who exactly is pushing the agenda in this specific situation?

• Fuck You 9

1 minute ago, StassneyHorn said:

Imagine yourself “allegedly” getting a little high(unsubstantiated) and paying for Minnesota Chinese food with a fake 20 gets you killed.

Well, I'm white, so I'd get like 20 hours of community service.

2 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Question for criminal lawyers: are underlying health issues relevant? I seem to recall some shit from 1L about the eggshell victim and how that risk falls on the perpetrator.

Ha!  I actually used the "eggshell skull" analogy above!

18 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

Every person involved in this is fucking it up - cops, DA, and now the fucking medical examiner?!?!

I really can't imagine a city even in the deep south handling it worse. 

They're doing exactly what they intend to do.  Everyone of these assholes whole purpose is to protect each other.   Not surprising at all that the ME would back a piece of shit cop.

3 minutes ago, Alvin89 said:

The city Mayor is a Democrat, the police chief is black, and the governor is a Democrat. So who exactly is pushing the agenda in this specific situation?

The fucker cop that committed vandalism first. He was trying to make the protestors look bad. Never mind the officials' political affiliation. The dickwad cop  was trying to change the story to "vandal protestors" and people used social media to identify him and call him out. I don't know if other cops were involved.

6 minutes ago, Alvin89 said:

The police chief literally sued the department with 4 others for being passed over for promotions back when he was a Lt. If you think changing a culture of an outfit can happen because the city voted for Democrats, when the majority of your force is probably white guys from the suburbs your not examining the situation correctly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smwhorn said:

I'm downtown in Houston.  Lots of noise, chanting and horn honking. I cannot hear what they're saying.  Seems to be non violent.  

Let's hope it stays that way. Houston catches fire all by itself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StassneyHorn said:

The police chief literally sued the department with 4 others for being passed over for promotions back when he was a Lt. If you think changing a culture of an outfit can happen because the city voted for Democrats, when the majority of your force is probably white guys from the suburbs your not examining the situation correctly. 

Minneapolis has had a Mayor from 1 party since 1974....Don't the mayors hire the police chiefs?

• Fuck You 4