Minneapolis is Burning

F250

Even though he’s an idiot, Trump has ripped off the veneer. America is now facing what it is. The mirror has been held up and America can choose to look into it and change, or look away from it and descend into the pits of hell and darkness. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

God dammit I miss this empty suit so much. No one says less with more words. Come back to us Pete.

That's the verbose rendition of "can't we all get along."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I've just become so cynical that I see these only as photo ops to calm things down just long enough to stop the property damage. Then once the fires are out, it's right back to normal. 

This accurate and probably why a Biden Presidency and a return to normal isn't going to do shit.

I don't think any Dem candidate had a criminal justice reform policy on the level that Bernie had.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Goddamn this is powerful. Please watch. 

I'm not 100% aligned with her thoughts -- probably 98% --  but damn, we need more people like her speaking up.  She is passionate, eloquent and thoughtful.  I don't know who she is but she's obviously sharp as a tack and her community needs her on the front lines.  Badass.  Let's find more of her.  Thanks for the link.

• Like 3

Just had a conversation with a couple of my young’uns. Told them the best way to fix this shit is to join the police force or the DA. That way when you see this type injustice you can stop it.

Any coward can chant slogans and break a few windows. Real men stand up, protect their community and fix this shit.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

That first sentence really cuts through the bullshit.

Yes, racism is a definite problem, but it is made worse by wealth inequality that drives the upper 1% to corrupt the government.   Down here in the trenches all races are fighting for the crumbs.  You just have to wonder if things were different, if people weren't fighting over those small proverbial crumbs, if racism wouldn't be as front and center, if we wouldn't all be getting along better, instead of looking for someone or some race to blame for our diminishing income?   

I know a guy who is big into Q, and about the only thing he has said in years that makes sense is that the uber wealthy don't give a shit about us, they'd rather us not be here, clogging up their planet.   They don't give a shit how we die, be it contrails, or race riots, war, pandemics.   They just get on their yachts, or fly to their private islands until its over and there are fewer of us.   

Trump shills for these fuckers.  Putin is one of these fuckers.  They don't give a damn about us.  

Fix that, fix that gap, give the average american his self respect back by giving him a job that pays him enough to live a decent life.  Educate him, give him something to take some self pride in.   All Americans, all races. All genders.  

I am not saying racism isn't bad.  It is.  It is evil.  But I just wonder if we could somehow achieve more wealth equality, then race equality and sex equality would follow.    Maybe that's too much to ask.  

Edited by pyrohornIII
Added education
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Just had a conversation with a couple of my young’uns. Told them the best way to fix this shit is to join the police force or the DA. That way when you see this type injustice you can stop it.

Unfortunately Mike Ehrmantraut taught us that just gets your fellow cops to let you get gunned down or gun you down themselves and make it look like you died in the line of duty. 

The reform has to come from the very top down with changes to the laws that govern cops and forced enforcement of these laws. But as long as the white establishment runs the United States that's never going to change. 

14 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Wishing Trump would look out over America and realize he's just not up to the job and resign.  Yeah, that's bullshit.  Maybe better to wish Trump looks out over America and says, "Fuck it, I wanna play golf and this job is keeping me from doing it."  Mail it in the rest of his term and get replaced.  Oh, yeah, if he's not reelected he's going to jail.  So, us v. the cornered animal.

21 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Any coward can chant slogans and break a few windows. Real men stand up, protect their community and fix this shit.

Yeah, I don't know. I have Mexican cousins in Houston PD that talk about beating the shit out of people. Just another pinche minority on the take.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Yes, racism is a definite problem, but it is made worse by wealth inequality that drives the upper 1% to corrupt the government.   Down here in the trenches all races are fighting for the crumbs.  You just have to wonder if things were different, if people weren't fighting over those small proverbial crumbs, if racism wouldn't be as front and center, if we wouldn't all be getting along better, instead of looking for someone or some race to blame for our diminishing income?   

I know a guy who is big into Q, and about the only thing he has said in years that makes sense is that the uber wealthy don't give a shit about us, they'd rather us not be here, clogging up their planet.   They don't give a shit how we die, be it contrails, or race riots, war, pandemics.   They just get on their yachts, or fly to their private islands until its over and there are fewer of us.   

Trump shills for these fuckers.  Putin is one of these fuckers.  They don't give a damn about us.  

Fix that, fix that gap, give the average american his self respect back by giving him a job that pays him enough to live a decent life.  Educate him, give him something to take some self pride in.   All Americans, all races. All genders.  

I am not saying racism isn't bad.  It is.  It is evil.  But I just wonder if we could somehow achieve more wealth equality, then race equality and sex equality would follow.    Maybe that's too much to ask.  

The two biggest issues of this century are climate change and income inequity.  Also:

Quandary for High Flyers: How to Travel Safely to Your Yacht
By Suzanne Woolley and Devon Pendleton
May 22, 2020, 1:40 PM EDT
 VistaJet private service whisks clients to hot spot Malta
 Freshly sanitized jets, cars, VIP lounges await travelers

It’s a modern quandary for the ultra-wealthy: a yacht awaits at harbor, but how to safely reach it without risking contact with the Covid-exposed masses?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Yeah, I don't know. I have Mexican cousins in Houston PD that talk about beating the shit out of people. Just another pinche minority on the take.

That’s sad to hear. If you are a minority, you already know bad cops come in all colors. But the necessary changes won’t come until you get more people who understand the citizens in power positions. Especially at the top.

5 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

That’s sad to hear. If you are a minority, you already know bad cops come in all colors. But the necessary changes won’t come until you get more people who understand the citizens in power positions. Especially at the top.

Massive criminal justice reform is the only thing that will change things.

Massive criminal justice reform is the only thing that will change things.

Agreed. But who is going to make those changes? And then make sure they take hold to be effective?People on the outside or people on the inside, who know what need to be done? And know how to get it done?

It is kind of interesting living in a time when the president of the US is a narcissistic psychopath advocating for the murder of protestors and threatening to shut down a private businesses free speech because he don’t like it.

Trump supporters can go straight to hell. 

• Like 5
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

It is kind of interesting living in a time when the president of the US is a narcissistic psychopath advocating for the murder of protestors and threatening to shut down a private businesses free speech because he don’t like it.

Trump supporters can go straight to hell. 

Rod Serling and Ray Bradbury worthy is more like it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Agreed. But who is going to make those changes? And then make sure they take hold to be effective?People on the outside or people on the inside, who know what need to be done? And know how to get it done?

It has to be an act of Congress. That won't happen until the people demand it.

1 hour ago, F250 said:

This accurate and probably why a Biden Presidency and a return to normal isn't going to do shit.

I don't think any Dem candidate had a criminal justice reform policy on the level that Bernie had.

Yeah I can't stand Trump, but it's the height of ignorance to pin these recent flare-ups on him.

Obviously he's done nothing to help, but to act like this is a Trump problem is to ignore that it's been a problem for centuries. Changing the resident at 1600 Penn Ave will make about as much difference as changing the curtains.

In the case of corrupt police and police violence and police racism, this IS the normal. And always has been. 

I'd trade a higher (likely still incredibly low) risk of being a victim of violent crime if it meant we could neuter our militarized police forces. I reject the idea that we need them in their current construct. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

This might be interesting. It was reported that he was claiming Florida as his residence, likely to avoid paying Minnesota state income taxes. She probably is trying to get in front of the tax bill and penalties he is going to have to pay for likely financial shenanigans.  

1 minute ago, burntorangebongos said:

Box wine looting is the best looting, imo. If I could loot, I'd go for Big House Pinot Box Wine and some glasses with straws. I love those things. 

They were hauling Franzia. Looked to be Blush or White Zin.

Footage of protesters tanking down barricades in DC. I saw that scene, and couldn’t help but yell “YES!” Pretty fucking loud. And felt pretty damned proud when my wife started explaining how the barricades at Lafayette park work, because she’s been there to protest with Reverend Barber in the last year.

Also, I’ll be damned if I don’t feel some sense of hope and satisfaction watching this break out all over the country. I mean, seriously....I don’t feel “patriotism” any more. But seeing this....yeah, a little patriotic. Fighting back. This is messy as hell. This is ugly. Ugly as shit. People are going to be hurt. Livelihoods will lost. Messy and ugly as hell. Uprisings can be that way.

46 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Honestly, the power in America is with corporations. They own the lobbies. They own campaign finance. They own the politicians. That speaker in the video posted earlier called out Target and AutoZone for being culpable by sitting by and doing nothing while this injustice keeps happening. She's on the right track. 

If change at the top is to happen have to make the corporations get on board to avoid having more trouble and damage caused to their businesses. Publicly shame corporations and demand their lobbyists press politicians for change and cause large enough damage to their business if they don't. Publicly go after the powerful insurance lobby who's companies will be on the hook for tons of damage until they get involved and use their control over politicians to force changes in the law.  

Forcing corporate America to have to respond is literally the only way at this point in America's oligopoly.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, burntorangebongos said:

Well they are the enemy of the people right? 

Exactly.  Because these pot-bellied dipshits take everything that gelatinous blob of hairspray and bronzer says dead seriously.  They're retaliating against the enemy, which is everyone outside of their faggoty brotherhood bullshit.  

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Box wine looting is the best looting, imo. If I could loot, I'd go for Big House Pinot Box Wine and some glasses with straws. I love those things. 

This is awesome but seriously if I am looting it's all scotch and bourbon.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gmr548 said:

I was sent to the last time I read the thread because I'm on tapa, and saw this. This is phenominally aggy and you should be ashamed. Fuck off with that "terrorism" nonsense. You know what worsens lives in the community? Being killed for no reason on a regular basis. Floyd and Arbrey just the latest recent examples and you're taking a hard line on a fucking Wendy's. Jesus Christ.

Lol about that...

It is terrorism, I'll say it again, and it is the truth. Whether you want to lie to yourself, that is on you. 

Im ready for the neg bomb, but at least I will be honest about this and not lie to myself.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 4