Minneapolis is Burning

F250

29 minutes ago, RPM said:

FOX News making sure to get footage of black women looting box wine in Minneapolis.

Whereas white women would be looting cat food, along with a boxed Chardonnay. 

• Like 1

Honestly, the power in America is with corporations. They own the lobbies. They own campaign finance. They own the politicians. That speaker in the video posted earlier called out Target and AutoZone for being culpable by sitting by and doing nothing while this injustice keeps happening. She's on the right track. 
If change at the top is to happen have to make the corporations get on board to avoid having more trouble and damage caused to their businesses. Publicly shame corporations and demand their lobbyists press politicians for change and cause large enough damage to their business if they don't. Publicly go after the powerful insurance lobby who's companies will be on the hook for tons of damage until they get involved and use their control over politicians to force changes in the law.  
Forcing corporate America to have to respond is literally the only way at this point in America's oligopoly.

Quoted for fucking truth. Make shit uncomfortable for the people and institutions in power, who CAN bring about change.
who the fuck loots a office depot ???

hahahahahahahaha

Laugh all you want, but at the price of printer ink cartridges, I could get $5k worth in a. HEB bag.
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Laugh all you want, but at the price of printer ink cartridges, I could get $5k worth in a. HEB bag.

And would still only be able to print about 200 pages before running out of ink. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GRHorn said:

So for someone uninformed here, who are the AA community leaders that are actually planning protests or strategizing to help make changes a reality? I know there’s no MLK, but who’s going to Birmingham (Minneapolis) to help lead these people? We’re all tired of seeing this. I just hope for this movement’s sake that there’s people more effective/credible than Kaep or Shaun King or something similar. 

Jesus Christ, are you Tahoe Horn's retarded nephew or something? Always asking questions, because you're too much of a pussy to just come out and state your point. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Yes. They need someone who can speak and inspire people. Maybe it’s just less common in the social media era to be able to verbally motivate people like that. 

So the opposite of the fucking moron President?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Box wine looting is the best looting, imo. If I could loot, I'd go for Big House Pinot Box Wine and some glasses with straws. I love those things. 

Stainless steel straws. Be earth friendly nigga!

• Like 1

One thing I think this reveals is that Minnesota isn't quite the liberal paradise it makes itself out to be, at least from a racial standpoint.  

The Prince/Kirby Puckett meme isn't that far off.  And outside the Twin Cities, Minnesotans are as reliably redneck as you could possibly want.  Don't get em started talkin about the Indians.

So that’s your take after a dude gets murdered by a cop?  Or maybe I’m missing something, if so apologies.

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

One thing I think this reveals is that Minnesota isn't quite the liberal paradise it makes itself out to be, at least from a racial standpoint.  

The Prince/Kirby Puckett meme isn't that far off.  And outside the Twin Cities, Minnesotans are as reliably redneck as you could possibly want.  Don't get em started talkin about the Indians.

I went to a wedding in Brainerd, MN about 15 years ago. Now that I look back on it, it was a perfect “Get Out” type place mixed in with worse than East Texas Rednecks. Drove back to Minneapolis at midnight because I was in no way staying overnight there.

My nephew lives in Minneapolis and went to college In St Paul and mentioned that he felt more welcome in St. Paul as a young Black man.
  • Like 2

Or it shows systemic racism is hard to root out of police forces even in liberal cities. Dallas, Austin, NYC, and LA all say hi. 

I can vouch for this. Lived in 3 of the 4 cities and had run ins with cops in all 4. All for bullshit reasons.

Just now, Ted Lange said:

So that’s your take after a dude gets murdered by a cop?  Or maybe I’m missing something, if so apologies.

It's "a take."  Starting off by saying "one thing" should have been your first clue.

If you've ever spent any time in Minnesota, they're free with their criticism of other states and their race relations.  Just don't get them started on the Indians if you don't want to hear a racist diatribe that will scorch your ears.

11 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Or it shows systemic racism is hard to root out of police forces even in liberal cities. Dallas, Austin, NYC, and LA all say hi. 

No doubt true.  But a lot of the racism on those forces comes from outside the liberal enclaves of the center city or the urban core.  Because all of those cities are surrounded by various flavors of redneck.  Even NYC.  And all of those cities had recent racist pasts.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

Yeah I can't stand Trump, but it's the height of ignorance to pin these recent flare-ups on him.

Obviously he's done nothing to help, but to act like this is a Trump problem is to ignore that it's been a problem for centuries. Changing the resident at 1600 Penn Ave will make about as much difference as changing the curtains.

In the case of corrupt police and police violence and police racism, this IS the normal. And always has been. 

I'd trade a higher (likely still incredibly low) risk of being a victim of violent crime if it meant we could neuter our militarized police forces. I reject the idea that we need them in their current construct. 

Trump has empowered these asshole cops, not all cops, but the asshole ones.   Yeah, it's been brewing a while, but the rotten ones know they can get away with a lot more shit under trump's watch.

43 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

It is terrorism, I'll say it again, and it is the truth. Whether you want to lie to yourself, that is on you. 

Im ready for the neg bomb, but at least I will be honest about this and not lie to myself.  

So was storming a capital armed to the teeth terrorism too?  Or is your terrorism only defined by skin color.   I know I'd be more terrified with all those white karenfuckers  roaming the streets and subways (sandwich shops) than a group of frustrated people of any color trashing anything.   They are trashing things, not people.  

17 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Tiny white lady in boots came in hot like Wonder Woman. Fierce!

Pussy fat cop.  I bet all he does is ride that bike from donut shop to donut shop.  In fact, probably walks it most of the time.  This guy reminds me of how I figure a lot of magats would react.  Hide behind something and puff up.

• Like 1

So I have to meet the sailmaker tomorrow am at 10am since they only do “by appt” during the pandemic (this sounds so white typing it), so at about 8 p my wife said I should go down to the boat tonight so I don’t need wake up so early tomorrow.  Whatever her real reason, I was out the door 5 mins later.  Had no idea about the rioting downtown, and got caught in a hooligan filled freeway takeover. It was way worse northbound on the 110, but I still got fucked. No this shit is starting to get really inconvenient for me, and this injustice shall not stand.

7 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

I went to a wedding in Brainerd, MN about 15 years ago. Now that I look back on it, it was a perfect “Get Out” type place mixed in with worse than East Texas Rednecks. Drove back to Minneapolis at midnight because I was in no way staying overnight there.

My nephew lives in Minneapolis and went to college In St Paul and mentioned that he felt more welcome in St. Paul as a young Black man.

Brainerd and some surrounding areas are exactly what I speak of.  The people are reliably politically liberal in a "working man" sense, but not exactly woke.

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

No doubt true.  But a lot of the racism on those forces comes from outside the liberal enclaves of the center city or the urban core.  Because all of those cities are surrounded by various flavors of redneck.  Even NYC.  And all of those cities had recent racist pasts.

This is true.  The LA burbs are more white and redneck than anything inside the core.