Minneapolis is Burning

F250

5 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

So was storming a capital armed to the teeth terrorism too?  Or is your terrorism only defined by skin color.   I know I'd be more terrified with all those white karenfuckers  roaming the streets and subways (sandwich shops) than a group of frustrated people of any color trashing anything.   They are trashing things, not people.  

Low IQ take and a total non-sequitur. Arson, looting, and rioting is not akin to "storming" the capital and causing no comparable damage. However, both groups are total fucktards. 

• Like 2

So, to catch everyone up:

We’re in the midst of a pandemic that has killed 100k Americans.
We are in an economic depression.
Millions of people are unemployed with no near term prospects.
The country is on fire.
And we are led by a man who traffics in lies, conspiracy theories, and casually slings around racist rhetoric on Twitter...while offering literally ZERO leadership or calming presence, so we know that none of those things will get any better.
In fact, recent history tells us that things will certainly get worse. Much worse.

Can we mourn the death of the republic yet, or is the ledge still an overreaction?

• Like 9
  • Fuck You 1

22 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's "a take."  Starting off by saying "one thing" should have been your first clue.

If you've ever spent any time in Minnesota, they're free with their criticism of other states and their race relations.  Just don't get them started on the Indians if you don't want to hear a racist diatribe that will scorch your ears.

Two things,  I’ve spent a bunch of time in Minnesota and Michigan.  The folks I hung out with for work, were no more or less racist than the folks I’ve grown up with in Texas.  But if your point is they have a sense of superiority over Texans over racism , then I agree, to the extent they shouldn’t.   And to be clear, i really enjoy your insight, especially about legal issues.   But your post m this came across wrong/weird to me. 

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The country is on fire.
And we are led by a man who traffics in lies, conspiracy theories, and casually slings around racist rhetoric on Twitter...while offering literally ZERO leadership or calming presence, so we know that none of those things will get any better.
In fact, recent history tells us that things will certainly get worse. Much worse.

Can we mourn the death of the republic yet, or is the ledge still an overreaction?

0402DF92-11B1-488E-8802-ED9D7E02EE43.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Alex Karev said:

One big fucking hive of pissed off killer bees set off inside one of these stores would stop some of these sorry ass looters

Get six roof Koreans involved and the looters would go back home and watch from their iPhones 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Low IQ take and a total non-sequitur. Arson, looting, and rioting is not akin to "storming" the capital and causing no comparable damage. However, both groups are total fucktards. 

You didn't answer my question.  Was entering capitol grounds/building in Michigan with lethal arms a terrorist act or not?  If not, please explain that to me.

Edited by pyrohornIII
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

And they're both examples of terrorism. 

25 minutes ago, tchookem said:
54 minutes ago, Alex Karev said:
One big fucking hive of pissed off killer bees set off inside one of these stores would stop some of these sorry ass looters

Do you have a killer bee hive? Or is it code for something else?

You don't? 

Get a load of this guy. Doesn't even have a hive. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

Honestly, the power in America is with corporations. They own the lobbies. They own campaign finance. They own the politicians. That speaker in the video posted earlier called out Target and AutoZone for being culpable by sitting by and doing nothing while this injustice keeps happening. She's on the right track. 

If change at the top is to happen have to make the corporations get on board to avoid having more trouble and damage caused to their businesses. Publicly shame corporations and demand their lobbyists press politicians for change and cause large enough damage to their business if they don't. Publicly go after the powerful insurance lobby who's companies will be on the hook for tons of damage until they get involved and use their control over politicians to force changes in the law.  

Forcing corporate America to have to respond is literally the only way at this point in America's oligopoly.

You're coming at the problem backwards. You're saying they have all the power so we've got to get them to use it responsibly. That's not going to happen.

How about we take the power away? Start by getting rid of Citizens United and enacting comprehensive campaign finance reform. Get the lobbyists out of the government agencies that regulate the industries they represent. Get rid of ALEC, stop letting the corporations write the laws. Start trust busting again.

I could go on about taxation and wages and executive compensation and solving the wealth gap but I don't have any firm ideas on a solution and to suggest anything would probably just open me up to criticism. So I'll just end it here. But I think there are solutions to be found relating to those things. But it should all start with getting money out of politics. Corporations are NOT people and money isn't speech. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

The country is on fire.

It's not dead yet. We have 5 months to save it. If we have to eradicate the trumpers with einsatzgruppen, so be it. Whatever it takes. 

Edited by Hookah Horns

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

So I have to meet the sailmaker tomorrow am at 10am since they only do “by appt” during the pandemic (this sounds so white typing it), so at about 8 p my wife said I should go down to the boat tonight so I don’t need wake up so early tomorrow.  Whatever her real reason, I was out the door 5 mins later.  Had no idea about the rioting downtown, and got caught in a hooligan filled freeway takeover. It was way worse northbound on the 110, but I still got fucked. No this shit is starting to get really inconvenient for me, and this injustice shall not stand.

I'm sorry you were inconvenienced on your way to your yacht. That must suck. Will these injustices never cease?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You're coming at the problem backwards. You're saying they have all the power so we've got to get them to use it responsibly. That's not going to happen.

How about we take the power away? Start by getting rid of Citizens United and enacting comprehensive campaign finance reform. Get the lobbyists out of the government agencies that regulate the industries they represent. Get rid of ALEC, stop letting the corporations write the laws. Start trust busting again.

I could go on about taxation and wages and executive compensation and solving the wealth gap but I don't have any firm ideas on a solution and to suggest anything would probably just open me up to criticism. So I'll just end it here. But I think there are solutions to be found relating to those things. But it should all start with getting money out of politics. Corporations are NOT people and money isn't eech. 

I agree that would be ideal but it would require the politicians to regulate themselves and change the laws that will limit their own power which isn't going to happen on it's own. I was viewing it from the perspective of what the people can do to enact change and the only possible way I could think of in this political culture would be to make the big money interests that control politicians uncomfortable enough to comply with your request of them just to get their businesses running normally again. How many people and how much force would it take is the question. 

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

The country is on fire.

hang in there man. very sad to see what is happening

It's "a take."  Starting off by saying "one thing" should have been your first clue.
If you've ever spent any time in Minnesota, they're free with their criticism of other states and their race relations.  Just don't get them started on the Indians if you don't want to hear a racist diatribe that will scorch your ears.

Well what’s the discussion about? There’s the tribe in shakopee that if you’re a member of, you make over a million dollars a year just for being in it...

And there’s the reservation’s in greater Minnesota that nobody sane would step foot in since it’s poverty ridden dangerous areas.

A trend to keep an eye on -- police departments know their budgets are in jeopardy like every other city line item. So encouraging looting works in their favor because it looks like crime is out of control.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

To me this is no different than saying the media is the enemy of the people. 

Wrong.

The media does not hesitate to call out each other when they fuck up. Cops do not, they cover for each other. The Watts riots in 65 started because of police brutality, then you had Rodney King 25 years later, culminating with the rash of videotaped killings if the past decade. I'm sure there are good cops but if they as a group can't self police any better than they have done in the past 55 years then sorry, they're all part of the problem.

• Like 2

Guest Lobo
27 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

If you need a laugh during all this, the guy at the 0:10 mark who yells, "Mmm.....NEXT!"  Cracked me up this morning.  

Edited by Lobo

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

The country is on fire.

So the pandemic is killing the republic  ?  Back on the ledge again I see.....  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

It was way worse northbound on the 110, but I still got fucked. No this shit is starting to get really inconvenient for me, and this injustice shall not stand.

Sorry to hear that.  Did they even have the god damn common courtesy to give you a reach around?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

Yes, racism is a definite problem, but it is made worse by wealth inequality that drives the upper 1% to corrupt the government.   Down here in the trenches all races are fighting for the crumbs.  You just have to wonder if things were different, if people weren't fighting over those small proverbial crumbs, if racism wouldn't be as front and center, if we wouldn't all be getting along better, instead of looking for someone or some race to blame for our diminishing income?   

I know a guy who is big into Q, and about the only thing he has said in years that makes sense is that the uber wealthy don't give a shit about us, they'd rather us not be here, clogging up their planet.   They don't give a shit how we die, be it contrails, or race riots, war, pandemics.   They just get on their yachts, or fly to their private islands until its over and there are fewer of us.   

Trump shills for these fuckers.  Putin is one of these fuckers.  They don't give a damn about us.  

Fix that, fix that gap, give the average american his self respect back by giving him a job that pays him enough to live a decent life.  Educate him, give him something to take some self pride in.   All Americans, all races. All genders.  

I am not saying racism isn't bad.  It is.  It is evil.  But I just wonder if we could somehow achieve more wealth equality, then race equality and sex equality would follow.    Maybe that's too much to ask.  

Wealthy people don’t loot.  I also agree that wealth inequality is now a bigger problem on balance than racism.  I think a lot of things labeled as racism are really just class warfare.

But I also think this issue is not one of those things.  What happened to George Floyd is racism.  And at this point I think every time an unarmed black man is killed by a police officer, violent protest is warranted.

Back to your point, I think making a dent in wealth inequality would bring a sea change in how we administer education, which I do think would go a long way to reducing bigotry.

7 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

Trump has empowered these asshole cops, not all cops, but the asshole ones.   Yeah, it's been brewing a while, but the rotten ones know they can get away with a lot more shit under trump's watch.

I can't stress this enough. It has nothing to do with Trump. 

It has not been "brewing a while". The kettle has been overflowing for 50+ years. Rotten cops do not suddenly feel empowered because of Trump. They feel empowered because they have a corrupt police union which is strong and which protects them at all times, with the help of a legal and local political system that will protect cops at the expense of average citizens. 

And they can't "get away with a lot more shit" as of 2016. LISTEN CAREFULLY. IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY. 

It's important to know this, if there is any hope to fix it. 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Well, I guess Laura Ingraham knows when you need to discuss police brutality and racism, there’s only one man who’s a true expert -

Pat Paulsen looking good for his age, and no doubt Laura's cock is rock hard during all this commotion. 

Edited by Underdog

Is it wrong that my reaction to Derek Chauvin losing his job, his marriage and his freedom is this?

E3-EC26-A5-4-E4-A-48-E2-BE66-684591-EA0-

If he gets shanked in the clink then karmic justice will have been well served. 

Some officials of a much higher pay grade in law enforcement and city government are going to have to be held to the fire for real change to happen.  In that spirit, BURN THEM ALL.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I can't stress this enough. It has nothing to do with Trump. 

It has not been "brewing a while". The kettle has been overflowing for 50+ years. Rotten cops do not suddenly feel empowered because of Trump. They feel empowered because they have a corrupt police union which is strong and which protects them at all times, with the help of a legal and local political system that will protect cops at the expense of average citizens. 

And they can't "get away with a lot more shit" as of 2016. LISTEN CAREFULLY. IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY. 

It's important to know this, if there is any hope to fix it. 

It's always been this way.  But trump added fuel to the fire. Both by pissing on minorities every day and emboldening cops.  Here's a pic that was posted on my local PD's PBA facebook page shortly after the election.

15109561_10154502881336140_1862141371625634827_n (1)

• Like 9

I appreciate Killer Mikes words, but from where I’m sitting, it seems organizing, mobilizing, and voting hasn’t worked. In fact it seems to me that when black people are heard or obtain even an ounce of power, the revolt from the majority whites come down tenfold on their interests. We elected a black man president and their response was to elect a literal racist (among everything else he is) as an immediate replacement. I hope calm prevails but I get the anger and hopelessness that burning shit to the ground is the only outlet to have anger not only heard but seen.

• Like 4