Minneapolis is Burning

F250

On the topic, though, we DO need to be extremely careful of this "outside agitators" line because it's a common one from the fascist perspective and it is often use to delegitimize organic unrest. As usual, you have to think of the source and what they mean in an honest way. Which isn't done on Twitter which is why people need to stop paying so much attention to Twitter for punditry/commentary.

There are so many intersecting narratives and so much scapegoating going on from every angle right now. Twitter is bananas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

You probably don't understand much.

I understand nothing about rioting and destroying other peoples businesses just to watch them burn.  Please inform me.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 7

This fairy tale about outside agitators is simply a control tactic.

I mean though if you look around right now, there are tons of black leaders alleging it (with some video support). It’s not just the right’s “soros did this.” White dudes with skateboards wrecking shit while black protestors confront them.

1 hour ago, MM42 said:

I can not believe leftists think these cities burning is showing Trump, and is a good look.  It is pushing dimwitted housewives in the suburbs right into daddy's arms.  So dumb.  As if leftists want Trump to win.  

The Russian trolls make their appearance.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

I mean though if you look around right now, there are tons of black leaders alleging it (with some video support). It’s not just the right’s “soros did this.” White dudes with skateboards wrecking shit while black protestors confront them.

That's not what I am talking about. 

I am talking about the governments various assertions that this is a coordinated outside action. 

Of course in every riot you're going to have some morons go join the fracas and do stupid shit. 

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

The Russian trolls make their appearance.

You serious?  You really think Russian trolls have hit surly?  I will assume you are joking, but kind of hope you are serious.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 9

6 minutes ago, MM42 said:

I understand nothing about rioting and destroying other peoples businesses just to watch them burn.  Please inform me.  

What is it you want to know? Seems pretty obvious to me.

They're furious and powerless. The riot is the language of the unheard; they are unheard. So they are speaking a language that the powerful can understand. So with that in mind, who are you mad at: The powerful who won't listen or the powerless whose only recourse is to hurt themselves?

Let me give you an analogy that someone gave me a LONG time ago that helped me: Do you ever notice how children hurt themselves for attention? You look at a bad-behavior kid and ask, "Why are you doing this, you're only making it worse for yourself!" It's because they can't hurt anyone but themselves. They have no power. So they do the one thing they can do, which is self-destruct.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

"They should just protest peacefully so we can ignore them completely like always." - White America, confused and scared

No, they don’t even want that as Kap proved. They want them to shut up and be happy for the scraps they get. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

So what do we know to be largely true?

-- were most (all) of the arrests from out of state?

What can we deduce from that if it's actually fact? 

Exactly!

So much of our conversation regarding this shit is just "common sense" set decade after racist decade. Who cares if someone comes from a different city/state? Or even from a different country?

A bad actor is a bad actor. A good actor is a good actor.

6 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

They wouldn't have to be from out of state. See Chuck Norris Action Jeans' post about driving from Austin to Johnson City.

But the story out of Minneapolis is that the arrests were all (or most?) of people who lived out of state.  I'm asking if those reports are true.  The implication is a second question.

Edited by jimmyjazz

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

But the story out of Minneapolis is that the arrests were all (or most?) of people who lived out of state.  I'm asking if those reports are true.  The implication is a second question.

I understand it simply as outside agitators. Doesn't take very many at all to throw a lit match on a powder keg. Whether that happened or not, I don't know, but I'm certainly not dismissive, particularly when there are at least some evidence of these elements present.

16 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Why are you here? You are accomplishing nothing. 

I came here because I assumed I could find people whose politics were far to the left on mine.  I wondered what people of the far left thought about the riots, looting,etc...  by the way, you guys are right about the 3 cops that watched the other cop kill that poor guy.  Pretty much everyone agrees.  

I don't think many people really care about the man that was murdered, on any side.  People suck.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 14

49 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Yeah I felt bad for the poor guy so it was time for change. Probably not good to have your worst moments in life captured in an avatar, unless you're the crying OU kid in which case it's permissible. 

I didn't know there was a backstory for your old one.

Edited by workswithseed

5 minutes ago, MM42 said:

I came here because I assumed I could find people whose politics were far to the left on mine.  I wondered what people of the far left thought about the riots, looting,etc...  by the way, you guys are right about the 3 cops that watched the other cop kill that poor guy.  Pretty much everyone agrees.  

I don't think many people really care about the man that was murdered, on any side.  People suck.  

Not many, if any, on the far left here. This is centrist country. Someone steered you in the wrong direction (assuming you know what the "far left" is outside of some cartoon on Fox or some Q "authority" on the political spectrum). 

Edited by washparkhorn

29 minutes ago, MM42 said:

You serious?  You really think Russian trolls have hit surly?  I will assume you are joking, but kind of hope you are serious.

i'm a mod at another fairly big board.  we had russian trolls.  it happens. 

Edited by elfenix