Minneapolis is Burning

F250

18 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

I’ve been watching MSNBC and the male black anchor is a wizard in terms of knowing the layouts of major cities, nice restaurants nearby, and directions the reporters are walking with only the references of buildings in the background

Well he’s probably looted in all of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

Very poor tackling. 

It is Lubbock, defense is not very important.

30 minutes ago, WBT said:

Lulz, Don Lemon is very concerned that Trump is not calling for calm.

Even in the alternate reality where such a thing could happen, I'm not so sure it would have much impact.

in his own words: "what does he have to lose?"   

• Like 1

If you believe that a white supremacist capital system is responsible for the systemic oppression being protested then looting, from the $1.99 soda to the $2k TV, makes sense. It's obviously not an openly political act meant to effect change in itself, but it's a pretty clear and direct way of saying, "Fuck this entire structure of property, power, policing, and ownership."

It's probably more impactful than posting, to be honest.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I hope the protestors in DC are smart enough to not try and "storm" the White House. This does all feel like we are a hair trigger away from people being shot/killed by police or the National Guard.

President screwed over National Guardsmen recently from early retirement benefits.  He shouldn’t have all his eggs in that basket for help.

https://www.militarytimes.com/education-transition/2020/05/19/guard-deployments-may-end-one-day-short-of-mark-needed-for-retirement-education-benefits/

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

If you believe that a white supremacist capital system is responsible for the systemic oppression being protested then looting, from the $1.99 soda to the $2k TV, makes sense. It's obviously not an openly political act meant to effect change in itself, but it's a pretty clear and direct way of saying, "Fuck this entire structure of property, power, policing, and ownership."

It's probably more impactful than posting, to be honest.

Or she was thirsty.

• Haha 1

i always find it so funny how many people get their panties in a wad over what someone says, does or wants when a riot breaks out. as if there is only one problem, one category of injustice, one type if ignorance, or one thing has somehow been suppressed and now comes out. 

a riot is the opposite of leadership

Edited by staboner