Minneapolis is Burning

F250

5 minutes ago, staboner said:

i always find it so funny how many people get their panties in a wad over what someone says, does or wants when a riot breaks out. as if there is only one problem, one category of injustice, one type if ignorance, or one thing has somehow been suppressed and now comes out. 

a riot is the opposite of leadership

Yes, the Arab spring started over a Tunisian street vendor. All it takes is a spark.

Good job "protesters."  Way to honor the memory of George Floyd here.

Critical last I saw but everyone is just showing that one video over and over

Now people are on Twitter saying defend yourself plus a video of 5hem beating a cop....Dallas is fucked tonight

Glad I decided to stay home

1 minute ago, RPM said:

Apparently we need to send a Texas Ranger.

Yep.  Gotta get control now.

It's ironic that the protests about the militarization of police and the unfair treatment of minorities will probably lead to even more militarization of the police and more unfair treatment of minorities.  The economic toll of these riots will likely hit the cities most of all.

As sick as I was after seeing the George Floyd video, I am equally sick at the video above of the guy who was likely murdered by the protester mob.

Awful shit has happened. More awful shit will happen. Innocent people will die.

When you push society past the breaking point....society breaks. It doesn’t break in an orderly, well-directed fashion. It fucking breaks.

The powers that be push, and push, and push. Kneel on necks, kill with impunity, cover for murderers, break down doors of civilians and kill them in their homes, repress any attempts to address such injustices...WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU THINK WOULD HAPPEN? You pushed past the breaking point...and shit broke.

Our country is on fire. It was inevitable. This is what a broken society looks like.

This won’t end anytime soon, because we have no plan to have a functioning society.

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I hope they identify everyone in that video and charge them 

absolutely.

riots are not a safe place to be. at all. if you somehow think you need to go defend your store or anything (that isn't your family) then don't. i don't care if you agree with the protest. people are not logical in pissed large groups. very sad. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Awful shit has happened. More awful shit will happen. Innocent people will die.

When you push society past the breaking point....society breaks. It doesn’t break in an orderly, well-directed fashion. It fucking breaks.

The powers that be push, and push, and push. Kneel on necks, kill with impunity, cover for murderers, break down doors of civilians and kill them in their homes, repress any attempts to address such injustices...WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU THINK WOULD HAPPEN? You pushed past the breaking point...and shit broke.

Our country is on fire. It was inevitable. This is what a broken society looks like.

This won’t end anytime soon, because we have no plan to have a functioning society.

Are you watching videos of these protests right now? Because it doesn’t look like anyone actually gives a fuck about any of the things you just mentioned. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

the cops go after a soft target. color me shocked.

i would not poke the bear at all. they cannot be trusted. at all. shit they couldn't be trusted in normal times. i wouldn't ever get near those mofos. 

Watch Stepping Razor Red X. Peter Tosh had a lot of wise things to say about this sort of thing. In his time, it was colonial apartheid Jamaica. Black people here feel, with some good reason, they are under a similar shitstem (his phrasing). Even good, humble, dignified. prideful people begin to break down and commit crime. Just as the powers that be smugly prepare for and exploit. Not justifying ANY violent assault by anyone. But violence cannot be justified or ignored on one side and excoriated on the other without a human-nature consequence.

• Like 3

Are you watching videos of these protests right now? Because it doesn’t look like anyone actually gives a fuck about any of the things you just mentioned. 

The point went a mile over your head.

We want an ordered, functioning society. A society where rights, life, and property are protected under the rule of law. We don’t have that, and those failings fall disproportionately on the most marginalized.

We have broken that society. When you completely break society - which is the mechanism for peace and order - the result is chaos, violence, and disorder. That’s the point and the problem. We shouldn’t fucking break our society. Because when we do, all manner of awful shit happens. All the shit that doesn’t happen in an ordered, functional society. Wanton violence and destruction, brutal assaults, murders, all of it.

If we want an orderly society...we shouldn’t fucking break it.

I want an orderly society under the rule of law. That means I want and demand that we stop fucking breaking it.
  • Like 2

Just now, Brisketexan said:

The point went a mile over your head.

We want an ordered, functioning society. A society where rights, life, and property are protected under the rule of law. We don’t have that, and those failings fall disproportionately on the most marginalized.

We have broken that society. When you completely break society - which is the mechanism for peace and order - the result is chaos, violence, and disorder. That’s the point and the problem. We shouldn’t fucking break our society. Because when we do, all manner of awful shit happens. All the shit that doesn’t happen in an ordered, functional society. Wanton violence and destruction, brutal assaults, murders, all of it.

If we want an orderly society...we shouldn’t fucking break it.

I want an orderly society under the rule of law. That means I want and demand that we stop fucking breaking it.

Your novel wasn’t a mile over anyone’s head. Don’t flatter yourself, it’s a bad look.

2 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Downtown Nashville is not a minority community unless you include the Davidson County Jail

1 hour ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:
1 hour ago, UT_OB1 said:
Very poor tackling. 

Well it is an epidemic according to Mack Brown

Yeah, that was Mackovic linebacker form there, but dude was a little bit quicker

5 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

FD03EB04-FA58-451A-BEFC-08F93CACB7C4.jpeg

Looks like the tables have turned, Cracker vs Mexican-wise, in the defense of the Alamo

4 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Your novel wasn’t a mile over anyone’s head. Don’t flatter yourself, it’s a bad look.

don't be a dumbass son. you know the point being made. pick it up

Edited by staboner

28 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Yep.  Gotta get control now.

It's ironic that the protests about the militarization of police and the unfair treatment of minorities will probably lead to even more militarization of the police and more unfair treatment of minorities.  The economic toll of these riots will likely hit the cities most of all.

As sick as I was after seeing the George Floyd video, I am equally sick at the video above of the guy who was likely murdered by the protester mob.

He wasn't murdered, he walked into the ambulance.

Edited by Bruh Man
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Columbus is quiet tonight. The protesters are respecting the 10 pm curfew. I guess that includes any "outside agitators." There were some fires set and more looting earlier in the evening. I saw video of a shoe store being looted and then of an inspirational message posted outside afterward from the store owner. If I can find it online I'll post it here. It was pretty encouraging. 

A new Buckeye basketball player was detained at the protests. He wasn't arrested. His name is Seth Towns and he's a grad transfer from Harvard. He posted this:

• Like 3