Minneapolis is Burning

F250

5 minutes ago, mchookem said:

fuck that literally just pushed me over the edge, i'm sobbing

I wish that as a 45 year old white man I could have been there, looked at all three of them and said "I understand but I won't fail you anymore.  I'll do whatever we can."

5 minutes ago, mchookem said:

Yeah, me too.  Had to turn it off when he admonishes the 16 year old (presumably his son) to "find a better way". 

Guest Lobo

The future of Black America is being plotted at intersections just like the one above, all over this country between generations of Black Men.  They are taking it upon themselves because their government is tone-deaf, racist, and beyond moronic.  Kind of a bummer.  /noCR...just commenting on a video posted.  You don't like it, don't watch it, and go fuck yourself. 

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

These are the people that the Democratic Party rely on for votes to keep their predominantly-white asses in power and what are they offering right now? What is Democratic leadership offering right now?

NOTHING

Fucking NOTHING

Jeez dude, you are the biggest whiner. 

Warren's video is already fairly viral and Obama and Biden have both spoken out on it.  Are you maintaining a checklist of anyone that has a D next to their name and in an elected position before you withhold your constant criticism?

The reality is that the majority of the country only cares about this kind of thing when it's front and center every few years.  The guy in HJ's video is right; we've got to come up with a better way to manage our affairs and that's broadly.  I, for one, would like to see the police de-militarized at a minimum and maybe disarmed entirely.  The state shouldn't have the ability for bad actors be so indiscriminately reckless against it's citizens. 

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

The future of Black America is being plotted at intersections just like the one above, all over this country between generations of Black Men.  They are taking it upon themselves because their government is tone-deaf, racist, and beyond moronic.  Kind of a bummer.  /noCR...just commenting on a video posted.  You don't like it, don't watch it, and go fuck yourself. 

White people bear some responsibility, too.  Those three guys of different ages need to know that a large amount of white America deeply cares about their place in the country.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

if the 31 year old held me like that and told me what to do i would do whatever he needed.  damn.

(and to whomever above said his son, he said he had a 5 year old.  the 16 year old is just another protester i think)

Guest Lobo
2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

White people bear some responsibility, too.  Those three guys of different ages need to know that a large amount of white America deeply cares about their place in the country.

Yeah, that was kinda my point sweetheart.  I don't blame them for not really giving a flying fuck what White America thinks right now.  White America, for better or worse, has a face and a platform right now.  And it seems, maybe...just maybe.  And I'm no African American studies professor...these guys aren't terribly satisfied with it.  

5 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

I, for one, would like to see the police de-militarized at a minimum and maybe disarmed entirely. 

while guns are a huge part of the problem, we saw a week ago in minneapolis what can happen when a weapon isn't even drawn.

20 minutes ago, mchookem said:

The awful psychological toll of racism, abuse, murder, etc.

And bigotry just echoes across the generations. Our President is a racist POS because his dad was a gigantic one, and taught it to his son. Donald has taught it to his sons. They will teach it to theirs. Only incrementally might it fade in intensity over time.

This poor guy has to basically say, "I'm going to be real with you young man, you will deal with this your whole life."

7 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

Warren's video is already fairly viral and Obama and Biden have both spoken out on it.  Are you maintaining a checklist of anyone that has a D next to their name and in an elected position before you withhold your constant criticism?

There is ZERO question that the Dems have long had a problem with their approach of "we'll take your block of votes for granted, but don't expect anything substantive in return."

That said.....that slow-moving ship DID take some turns.  Don't take it from me.  Take it from the Trumpist, racist piece of shit who is the president of the Minneapolis (yes, THAT Minneapolis) police union, as to their perception of how the Obama admin and DOJ was addressing systemic policing failures:

Lt Bob Kroll, head of the Minneapolis police union, slammed former President Barack Obama’s “handcuffing and oppression of police” while praising Donald Trump at a re-election rally the president held in the city last year.

Donning a red “Cops for Trump” shirt as he took the stage, the lieutenant attacked the Obama administration over its alleged “despicable” treatment of police, adding: “The first thing President Trump did when he took office was turn that around … he decided to start to let cops do their job, put the handcuffs on the criminals instead of us.”

And see the guidance AG Sessions issued LITERALLY on his way out the door, significantly weakening the DOJ's approach to consent decrees against police departments.

The Democratic party can and should do better.  The GOP would have to try hard to do any worse.

• Like 4

Guest Lobo
1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

while guns are a huge part of the problem, we saw a week ago in minneapolis what can happen when a weapon isn't even drawn.

Not to take us off into an even stranger hypothetical, but was talking with an ex-NYPD neighbor about this scenario.  What if Chauvin was trying to subdue Floyd and instead of what happened, he drew his weapon and just put a round into the back of Floyd's head?  It's obviously way more lethal, and at trial---way less ambiguity about if the officer would have known his actions would lead to death.  But the empty eyes of Chauvin for 8 minutes of feeling the life of the man under his knee leave his body.  To me, that was way harder to watch.  We've all now, sadly, had to watch a dozen police shootings ending in death (nevermind the Cletii in Georgia), and while horrific---Chauvin may have taken the prize for the most Heydrich-esque taking of life of another human being by a person in uniform.  I know we've yet to get to arraignment, let alone sentencing...but he knew precisely what he was doing, for way longer than most murders occur, he knew nobody could do anything about it, and he waited until Floyd's body was beyond dead the way a sociopath would continue to beat an victim long after they were unconscious.  In some ways, differences in 1st/2nd/3rd murder aside, what he did to Floyd was way more disturbing than if he had just put him down on his knees and shot him execution style in the tradition of the Chauvin family heroes-the schutzstaffel.  

12 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

Jeez dude, you are the biggest whiner. 

What are they offering? What, specifically, are they calling for?

Should be pretty easy to answer this.

I know they have PR teams and that they issue statements. I'm saying they are offering nothing.

Just now, bad_teammate said:

What are they offering? What, specifically, are they calling for?

Should be pretty easy to answer this.

I know they have PR teams and that they issue statements. I'm saying they are offering nothing.

The Obama administration turned the DOJ's attention to examining and enforcing against PDs for systemic civil rights abuses, and enforcing the law via suits and consent decrees entered in Federal Court.  Not only has the current administration ABANDONED that approach, it actively works against it (issuing guidance that would gut the Obama approach).  If all they offer is a return to the Obama DOJ approach, it would be a significant difference and improvement.

• Like 1

America is finally seeing how astonishingly easy it is to provoke a cop toward baton-head-smashing violence. At best it's like they have no training whatsoever and at worst they are gleefully looking for a fight. Protestors are getting roughed up, rubber bullets in the face, and gassed over simple "fuck yous" and protestors just standing their ground. The psychopaths need to be weeded out and the "good ones" need better training. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

the joker GIF

Chances of this admin using this for pure political opportunism.....is there a percentage higher than 100%?

Fuck 'em.  They sowed the wind.  Now reap the whirlwind.  Barr literally works for a man (and make no mistake, he works for Trump, not for us), WHO OPENLY CALLED FOR POLICE BRUTALITY.  A man WHO FEATURED FRONT AND CENTER AT ONE OF HIS RALLIES, a police union head -- and not just of any PD, but the ACTUAL PD that murdered Mr. Floyd, and praised Trump for "taking the handcuffs of of police" so they could do what they want to do.

Barr works for the poisoner-in-chief.  Fuck him to hell.  Fuck them all to hell.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, John Lawrence said:

This dude must be high as fuck.  Trying to load up at ATM on a public bus.  LMAO.  

Your odds of sneaking an atm machine onto a city bus are better than getting help for anything by hashtagging @dbongino.  

31 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Man, if the black vote doubles in November, Trump doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of being reelected.

I don't want to rain on such a positive thought, but history has shown us that a change in the White House has never translated to progress on this issue. 

On the other hand, it can't hurt to try again. 

1 minute ago, TornACL said:

I don't want to rain on such a positive thought, but history has shown us that a change in the White House has never translated to progress on this issue. 

The most recent change was absolutely a step BACKWARDS.  Summary of my points above: we elected a guy who openly URGED cops to brutalize suspects.  His DOJ issued written guidance to neuter consent decrees against rogue police departments.

Compared to the previous admin, which had improved and increased the use of the DOJ in doing so.

Seems to take awhile but maybe the process is speeding up....1860's,1960's and maybe 2020???

33 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Man, if the black vote doubles in November, Trump doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of being reelected.

We know the republicans will continue to hit hard with voter suppression. Closing voting stations where minorities live in red controlled states and districts. We need to launch the biggest mail in ballot campaign possible. If it's safe to go to voting stations we need buses transporting them to vote and back from their neighborhoods. We need to make this about removing the evil oppression of the party of trump that has caused so much pain and suffering. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

So many layers to this photo I don't even know where to begin:

i-dzcgVVs.jpg

First time I ever saw this statue, didn't know it was there, just happened upon it, and it was his birthday.

364 out of 365 chance that that's magic.

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Chances of this admin using this for pure political opportunism.....is there a percentage higher than 100%?

Fuck 'em.  They sowed the wind.  Now reap the whirlwind.  Barr literally works for a man (and make no mistake, he works for Trump, not for us), WHO OPENLY CALLED FOR POLICE BRUTALITY.  A man WHO FEATURED FRONT AND CENTER AT ONE OF HIS RALLIES, a police union head -- and not just of any PD, but the ACTUAL PD that murdered Mr. Floyd, and praised Trump for "taking the handcuffs of of police" so they could do what they want to do.

Barr works for the poisoner-in-chief.  Fuck him to hell.  Fuck them all to hell.

Coming from the guy who called posters on this site “political terrorists” for having the audacity to voice their opinions. 

Just now, Dropout said:

Coming from the guy who called posters on this site “political terrorists” for having the audacity to voice their opinions. 

????

And, I mean, yeah....if your opinion is "I support a guy who tells cops to violate the rule of law," then....if the white sheet fits, wear it.

Edited by Brisketexan

11 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Meet the new Boss, same as the old Boss

Just now, GRHorn said:

Meet the new Boss, same as the old Boss

Except that's false. 

Obama DOJ: used the force of federal law to enforce against rogue PDs, subjecting them to court ordered consent decrees to enforce the law.

Trump DOJ: literally issued guidance directing the DOJ to dramatically dial back the force of consent decrees in such cases.

So, what you said is literally the opposite of true.  It's a lie.  

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

????

And, I mean, yeah....if your opinion is "I support a guy who tells cops to violate the rule of law," then....if the white sheet fits, wear it.

My opinion is you are no different than him on the issue so what the fuck are you going on about.

I will waste my time and quote you if you admit beforehand that you equating posters to “political terrorists” makes you no different than what you proclaim to hate.

Edited by Dropout

24 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If the president and attny general want a fight then the only option is guerilla warfare style tactics hitting heads of industry and disrupting business across the us in every possible industry. Make trump and barr's masters fear for their lives after seeing their corporate billionaire colleagues go down, and make their financial interests suffer. The actions of the police in America and the federal government leaves no other avenue for justice. 

With 40 million adults out of work and the country in absolute chaos there has never been a better time to strike at the head of the snake than right now. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Except that's false. 

Obama DOJ: used the force of federal law to enforce against rogue PDs, subjecting them to court ordered consent decrees to enforce the law.

Trump DOJ: literally issued guidance directing the DOJ to dramatically dial back the force of consent decrees in such cases.

So, what you said is literally the opposite of true.  It's a lie.  

2020 is defined by Trump’s failure to follow Obama’s guidance on pandemics and police brutality.  Can’t let a black lib tell him what to do.

Hope it doesn’t become a trifecta. 

Edited by Jive Turkey