Minneapolis is Burning

F250

5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

You don't know me from Adam, dude.

Can you seriously not handle the fact that someone on the internet disagrees with you?

Piss off.

It's my fault. I'm trying to be reasonable with a totally unreasonable person. 

And I have no issue respectfully disagreeing with someone online but this is different. You deserve to be ridiculed for pulling a Karen and trying to pin baseless charges on black protestors. You deserve to be labeled a racist for doubling down after being presented with new facts (a la Trump & the Central Park 5). The fact that you're doing this in the middle of massive protests that are attempting to address issues like this makes you irredeemable. Deuces, clown.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

This seems like a reasonable step. They need more accountability. It’s similar to how shitty teachers can’t get fired. 

You can’t be this dumb. So you are either a lying troll, or are actually this dumb. I’m betting the former. 

Now post about how rich you are. 

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

I realize Michael Jordan did not read from the prescribed script on how black man should act. So of course you have a hard time understanding his impact on the black and white community. 

Hahaha, you really are phenomenally stupid.

Please, elucidate this example that Michael Jordan has set for the black community. Does it go something like this?

"Be a 6'6" world class athlete and you too can become wealthy despite everybody thinking you're an asshole. That's the way to rise up out of a downtrodden situation my friends, be one of the greatest athletes of all time! If you can't do that then I've got nothing."

Now you see why I laugh harder every time you think you've made a good point here. You genuinely have no idea how stupid your post was.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Hahaha, you really are phenomenally stupid.
Please, elucidate this example that Michael Jordan has set for the black community. Does it go something like this?
"Be a 6'6" world class athlete and you too can become wealthy despite everybody thinking you're an asshole. That's the way to rise up out of a downtrodden situation my friends, be one of the greatest athletes of all time! If you can't do that then I've got nothing."
Now you see why I laugh harder every time you think you've made a good point here. You genuinely have no idea how stupid your post was.
Republicans buy sneakers too.

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

Would you rather it be the black protesters doing the damage or out of towners?

So some out of town units are dropping off piles of bricks in areas that are constantly under construction? Do they go down to Home Depot and buy a shitload of bricks? Are there assholes from out of town trying to live out their anarchist fantasies, sure. But this conspiracy that bricks are being brought in is just a bit too much. You think cops are exempt from buying into bullshit conspiracy theories?

15 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Ah yes. The out-of-town agitators. I’ve never quite understood that angle. Can someone help me understand it? 

In the civil rights era it was used to fight back against a national narrative. Southern leaders would say that their blacks were peaceful and happy. It was a way to hide the truth.

It's less clear now, but some are using it in that exact same context.

Announcer: Governor Santini is brought to you today by Soylent Red, and Soylent Yellow. And, new, delicious, Soylent Green: The "miracle food" of high energy plankton, gathered from the oceans of the world. Due to its enormous popularity, Soylent Green is in short supply, so remember—Tuesday is Soylent Green day.

22 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

In the civil rights era it was used to fight back against a national narrative. Southern leaders would say that their blacks were peaceful and happy. It was a way to hide the truth.

It's less clear now, but some are using it in that exact same context.

Interesting, thanks. That makes sense.

@GRHorn, any idea why you’re drawn to that narrative? I’m genuinely curious as I can’t wrap my head around the narrative at all. If it were true (ie, these angry people are from...somewhere else), what does that mean to you? What personal belief structure does it support?

6 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Guy on CNN in DC streets is saying his camera man was hit by a baton while holding up his credentials.  Christ.

A lot of journalists have been getting roughed up by the cops throughout the country. The cops have been doing a really good job of displaying their true nature.

• Like 1