Minneapolis is Burning

F250

1 minute ago, Bone3421 said:
4 minutes ago, F250 said:
Reuters has a good thread regarding the attacks on journalists.

What step in the playbook is silencing the media again? Only a few months left(possibly) to complete the plan

I wonder if the leader of a country calling the media the enemy of the people has anything to do with that.  Nah, probably not.

• Like 7

Kareem Abdul Jabbar had an op-ed in the LA Times today.  

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2020-05-30/dont-understand-the-protests-what-youre-seeing-is-people-pushed-to-the-edge

What was your first reaction when you saw the video of the white cop kneeling on George Floyd’s neck while Floyd croaked, “I can’t breathe”?

If you’re white, you probably muttered a horrified, “Oh, my God” while shaking your head at the cruel injustice. If you’re black, you probably leapt to your feet, cursed, maybe threw something (certainly wanted to throw something), while shouting, “Not @#$%! again!” Then you remember the two white vigilantes accused of murdering Ahmaud Arbery as he jogged through their neighborhood in February, and how if it wasn’t for that video emerging a few weeks ago, they would have gotten away with it. And how those Minneapolis cops claimed Floyd was resisting arrest but a store’s video showed he wasn’t. And how the cop on Floyd’s neck wasn’t an enraged redneck stereotype, but a sworn officer who looked calm and entitled and devoid of pity: the banality of evil incarnate.

Maybe you also are thinking about the Karen in Central Park who called 911 claiming the black man who asked her to put a leash on her dog was threatening her. Or the black Yale University grad student napping in the common room of her dorm who was reported by a white student. Because you realize it’s not just a supposed “black criminal” who is targeted, it’s the whole spectrum of black faces from Yonkers to Yale.

You start to wonder if it should be all black people who wear body cams, not the cops.

Spoiler

What do you see when you see angry black protesters amassing outside police stations with raised fists? If you’re white, you may be thinking, “They certainly aren’t social distancing.” Then you notice the black faces looting Target and you think, “Well, that just hurts their cause.” Then you see the police station on fire and you wag a finger saying, “That’s putting the cause backward.”

You’re not wrong — but you’re not right, either. The black community is used to the institutional racism inherent in education, the justice system and jobs. And even though we do all the conventional things to raise public and political awareness — write articulate and insightful pieces in the Atlantic, explain the continued devastation on CNN, support candidates who promise change — the needle hardly budges.

But COVID-19 has been slamming the consequences of all that home as we die at a significantly higher rate than whites, are the first to lose our jobs, and watch helplessly as Republicans try to keep us from voting. Just as the slimy underbelly of institutional racism is being exposed, it feels like hunting season is open on blacks. If there was any doubt, President Trump’s recent tweets confirm the national zeitgeist as he calls protesters “thugs” and looters fair game to be shot.

Yes, protests often are used as an excuse for some to take advantage, just as when fans celebrating a hometown sports team championship burn cars and destroy storefronts. I don’t want to see stores looted or even buildings burn. But African Americans have been living in a burning building for many years, choking on the smoke as the flames burn closer and closer. Racism in America is like dust in the air. It seems invisible — even if you’re choking on it — until you let the sun in. Then you see it’s everywhere. As long as we keep shining that light, we have a chance of cleaning it wherever it lands. But we have to stay vigilant, because it’s always still in the air.

So, maybe the black community’s main concern right now isn’t whether protesters are standing three or six feet apart or whether a few desperate souls steal some T-shirts or even set a police station on fire, but whether their sons, husbands, brothers and fathers will be murdered by cops or wannabe cops just for going on a walk, a jog, a drive. Or whether being black means sheltering at home for the rest of their lives because the racism virus infecting the country is more deadly than COVID-19.

What you should see when you see black protesters in the age of Trump and coronavirus is people pushed to the edge, not because they want bars and nail salons open, but because they want to live. To breathe.

Worst of all, is that we are expected to justify our outraged behavior every time the cauldron bubbles over. Almost 70 years ago, Langston Hughes asked in his poem “Harlem”: “What happens to a dream deferred? /… Maybe it sags / like a heavy load. / Or does it explode?”

Fifty years ago, Marvin Gaye sang in “Inner City Blues”: “Make me wanna holler / The way they do my life.” And today, despite the impassioned speeches of well-meaning leaders, white and black, they want to silence our voice, steal our breath.

So what you see when you see black protesters depends on whether you’re living in that burning building or watching it on TV with a bowl of corn chips in your lap waiting for “NCIS” to start.

What I want to see is not a rush to judgment, but a rush to justice.

• Like 8

Guest Lobo
3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

LOTS of sirens in south Austin tonight

Yeah I just heard some shit to our southwest that sounded really fucked up

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

The Richard Pryor "Just Us" was a bit he told in his act over 40 years ago. This shit has been boiling in American culture forever yet we act shocked when something flares up.

Laughing at the thought of pallets of bricks getting dropped off like some motherfuckers driving a Bobcat through the crowds all ‘excuse me’.  How does that make any sense?  Don’t you know how much a load of bricks weigh?  Cops just sitting there watching people pulling into the madness and spending a half hour unloading a pickup bed full of bricks?  

I can totally see a repeat of 2016 where foreign assholes or other bad actors trying to coordinate unrest via social media groups, but people instantly take at face value that two thousand pounds of bricks are being bought at Lowe’s and casually unloaded in the mayhem?  Just like the DT thread I’ll wait until actual evidence surfaced.  

• Like 4

Laughing at the thought of pallets of bricks getting dropped off like some motherfuckers driving a Bobcat through the crowds all ‘excuse me’.  How does that make any sense?  Don’t you know how much a load of bricks weigh?  Cops just sitting there watching people pulling into the madness and spending a half hour unloading a pickup bed full of bricks?  

I can totally see a repeat of 2016 where foreign assholes or other bad actors trying to coordinate unrest via social media groups, but people instantly take at face value that two thousand pounds of bricks are being bought at Lowe’s and casually unloaded in the mayhem?  Just like the DT thread I’ll wait until actual evidence surfaced.  
#riots2020 If and or while you protest and see a bundle of mysteriously placed bricks...Don’t pick them up. It could have been planted by those who want to see the chaos and destruction accelerated. There are paid groups that are out there to incite riots instead of protest. https://t.co/LZdggpUxjL

14 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:
17 minutes ago, F250 said:
Reuters has a good thread regarding the attacks on journalists.

What step in the playbook is silencing the media again? Only a few months left(possibly) to complete the plan

Same thing is happening in the Hong Kong protests and yeah its getting close to a authoritarian endgame over there. We should all be pissed about similar behavior occurring in the United States.

Same thing is happening in the Hong Kong protests and yeah its getting close to a authoritarian endgame over there. We should all be pissed about similar behavior occurring in the United States.

Cops are continuing their shameless abuses, targeting a crapload of peaceful demonstrators. They are attacking and cuffing journalists. They are doubling down, telling we the people “fuck you.” In the face of clear and damning criticism of abusive conduct....they’re showing us how it’s really done, boy. So you best be grateful we usually exercise restraint and only kill the occasional thug who needs killin’, boy.

But there are some violent rioters, so that what we should be taking about.
  • Like 2

Oh..I know
That's why I said it

47 minutes ago, F250 said:

A lot of journalists have been getting roughed up by the cops throughout the country. The cops have been doing a really good job of displaying their true nature.

There's no treatment too savage for the Enemy of the People!

(Damnit. Sounds so much better in the original German)

Edited by Degenerate Gardner

27 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Ya that shit makes no sense and those pallets still had their straps on them so the only way they were unloaded Was with a forklift and a flatbed truck. 

20 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

29049064-8374191-Washington_DC_By_Sunday

^^^ the protest scene today outside the White House.  From the look of it, they’re doubling it up and protesting Trump being a maskless and dangerous national derelict.

Another possible attempted church fire?  Wouldn’t be Floyd protesters.

29049064-8374191-Washington_DC_By_Sunday_afternoon_thousands_of_protesters_had_ga-a-21_1590964930803.jpg

^^^ the protest scene today outside the White House.  From the look of it, they’re doubling it up and protesting Trump being a maskless and dangerous national derelict.
Another possible attempted church fire?  Wouldn’t be Floyd protesters.

I had friends at that protest today. They are clergy, so I know it wasn’t them. They related that it was peaceful until (and you’ve heard this repeatedly) the cops started lobbing teargas.
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Covri said:

Where/why?

Hell if I know. Not like I'm gonna drive down there and find out. Just hearing a lot of sirens from my window and a lot of loud bangs. Guessing it's carryover from the earlier downtown protests. 

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

The west coast cities are getting lit. Also, my family in Chicago told me the city is all fucked up and even a DMV in the south burbs got torched. Rumors of a Walmart being torched there too. Light on the media coverage there.

43 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Hell if I know. Not like I'm gonna drive down there and find out. Just hearing a lot of sirens from my window and a lot of loud bangs. Guessing it's carryover from the earlier downtown protests. 

Thanks for contributing. 

Know how several of us libtards on here have noted that the lawlessness we are seeing now is the natural and necessary consequence of the lawlessness CREATED by the cops’ disregard for the law?

Well, here’s a leading liberal voice saying the same:

“Because if we can’t trust the authority figures who exercise vast power over us, the breakdown in law and order we will see may be more of our own making — not the criminals’.”

Oh wait...that’s not a libtard, it’s the National Review.

We are absolutely experiencing lawlessness. And we have been for years...from the police. Lawlessness begets lawlessness, because it tells us that the rule of law doesn’t apply.

Violent beatings, lives destroyed, people actually dying....the fact that you can’t tell whether I’m talking about the cops for the past decades or the rioters this weekend IS the problem.

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

Just thinking how crazy it all is. Just in terms of notoriety, last week George Floyd was about as average of a person as you can be. Now he’ll forever be a significant figure in American and possibly world history. Pretty wild.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Grandioso said:

America is finally seeing how astonishingly easy it is to provoke a cop toward baton-head-smashing violence. At best it's like they have no training whatsoever and at worst they are gleefully looking for a fight. Protestors are getting roughed up, rubber bullets in the face, and gassed over simple "fuck yous" and protestors just standing their ground. The psychopaths need to be weeded out and the "good ones" need better training. 

Maybe like our teachers and first responders, we should pay these people a salary commiserate to their responsibility to protect and serve the community.   Pay more, get better quality applicants.  But no, we keep heaping money at the feet of CEOs and CFOs.   

7 hours ago, Lobo said:

Frank Rizzo, of course a Founding Father of our nation, and a favorite son of Philadelphia.  Aside from his passionate love of liberty, perhaps best known for his famous quote leading up to the War of 1812..."Get me Brett Weir, or Get me Death...I said!"  

I thought Rizzo was from Louisiana.  

3 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Seriously, first glance, second look...this guy look more incel or antifa material to you?

2 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

I would think that most of those DC historic buildings have sprinkler systems in them.  Would have to have a whole lot of fuel to get past those and do any real damage.  

3 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Shit's wack, man. Lefties accusing the righties of infiltrating. Righties accusing the lefties of infiltrating. Dogs fucking cats. I fully expect to see this or similar soon and for it to seem normal.

I always wondered what it would be like to simultaneously experience the race riots of the 1960s, the Spanish Flu of 1918 and the Great Depression while Warren G. Harding was President. Now I know.

• Like 8

These protest will turn deadly/violent pretty soon and people will seize it as a power grab, trump just itching for it. We are experts and Turing protests into violent riots all over the world and have perfected it to get a desired results. This will be moved forward a “coup”. At end This will end up being battle cry to vote for law and order aka republicans. This will all end up being used as a Republican ploy to get votes.

the bad guys just need to be dressed the same and show the protesters it’s ok and the protesters will get blamed. This will be just like occupy Wall Street. Once Fox News starts the direction, will just be black democrats rioting and don’t vote for the D party 

Edited by Gengs1

5 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

These protest will turn deadly/violent pretty soon and people will seize it as a power grab, trump just itching for it. We are experts and Turing protests into violent riots all over the world and have perfected it to get a desired results. This will be moved forward a “coup”. At end This will end up being battle cry to vote for law and order aka republicans. This will all end up being used as a Republican ploy to get votes.

the bad guys just need to be dressed the same and show the protesters it’s ok and the protesters will get blamed. This will be just like occupy Wall Street. Once Fox News starts the direction, will just be black democrats rioting and don’t vote for the D party 

Psychopath . Authentic frontier gibberish 

Edited by GotThatFire