Minneapolis is Burning

F250

11 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

Here in Austin, InfoWars just set fire to a homeless guy's stuff and tried to blame the protesters. So, I guess it's pretty much a normal day at the office them.

is fitlump involved?

A lesson in how to use social media to end your livelyhood: https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/austin-symphony-orchestra-member-fired-over-racist-comments

It looks like a racially charged social media Saturday night cost her a pretty good orchestra gig and all of her teaching gigs. I don't have links to the comments, but they were full on racist MAGA commentary on the protests.

26 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

Here in Austin, InfoWars just set fire to a homeless guy's stuff and tried to blame the protesters. So, I guess it's pretty much a normal day at the office them.

link?

12 minutes ago, Mole said:

A lesson in how to use social media to end your livelyhood: https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/austin-symphony-orchestra-member-fired-over-racist-comments

It looks like a racially charged social media Saturday night cost her a pretty good orchestra gig and all of her teaching gigs. I don't have links to the comments, but they were full on racist MAGA commentary on the protests.

Good old local news. Can't be bothered to even generally describe the offending tweet. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Good old local news. Can't be bothered to even generally describe the offending tweet. 

In less than 12 hours she was scrubbed from the ASO's website as well as all the schools she taught at. Steady orchestra gigs are REALLY hard to come by, so this could be a career ender.

Edited by Mole

I think if Trump believes the military will stand by his side and march in to American cities and kill citizens at his command, he is sadly mistaken. I truly believe that both the brass and the rank and file hate him. Maybe the NCOs would try to maintain discipline, but that's their job. Trump commands no respect from any military person other than that which accrues from him being the c-in-c, and the oath of service does say that servicemen, while owing fealty to their c-in-c, must also defend America from enemies foreign and domestic. There is nothing in there about presidents being off limits in the "and domestic" part. 

Heck, a group of citizens in my small city (population of approximately 50,000 people) today had a planned peaceful march downtown that was to end at the Police HQ at our courthouse with some speeches and a sermon from a local black preacher.

My daughter and I went. There was a police presence but they weren’t being aggressive or rude; just there keeping watch in case things got out of hand and actually giving away free face masks and hand sanitizer.

They were also in regular police uniform - no tacticool cosplay.

Everything was going great until a local asshole (and his name is known now so I expect to hear more on his coming consequences) decided to take the original flyer promoting the protest and edited it.

He added a line promoting violence and looting and added a vague statement on the flyer telling people to be on the lookout for a “big boom”. And proceeded to post it all over community social media.

And a truck with big MAGA and confederate flags with a bunch of jack leg white guys drove by three times hollering shit like “Get a job!” and “We’re gonna shoot if y’all start to loot!”.

So the authorities stopped the march out of caution because at that time they didn’t know that flyer was edited bullshittery.

Very disappointing but I understand why the police had to stop it just in case.

But I’m hopeful that now that it’s known who this butthole is that there will be some kind of inciting violence or some kind of charges filed. His employer is currently getting a raft of shit about his employee so I’m hoping he gets fired and someone returns the favor and hollers at him to “get a job”.

Hopefully the protest will be rescheduled this week.

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Hearts and minds.

I hate seeing this but be prepared for consequences if you break curfew, ignore police orders and then resist arrest. Curfews aren’t just for people who are “causing problems.” I don’t know of one city that isn’t welcoming peaceful protests during the day and I assume any city without a curfew are not stopping night peaceful protests.

3 hours ago, Mole said:

In less than 12 hours she was scrubbed from the ASO's website as well as all the schools she taught at. Steady orchestra gigs are REALLY hard to come by, so this could be a career ender.

On her initial post, I wanted to think maybe she used black mind as non-racial such as meaning cold or emotionless. Like misuse of the the term black heart. Nope subsequent comments from her indicated going 100% racist.  Alcohol is a helluva truth drug. And the internet never forgets.

13 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I hate seeing this but be prepared for consequences if you break curfew, ignore police orders and then resist arrest. Curfews aren’t just for people who are “causing problems.” I don’t know of one city that isn’t welcoming peaceful protests during the day and I assume any city without a curfew are not stopping night peaceful protests.

Do you think that getting beaten with batons is an appropriate consequence for not complying? 

Just now, Captainant said:

Do you think that getting beaten with batons is an appropriate consequence for not complying? 

I don’t know what is or isn’t appropriate in that situation but I don’t think they’re going to take the time to reason with you. And when you attempt to spin yourself out of a police hold I would expect a couple of baton hits or a taser to be incoming.

other videos are more unsettling such as the people on their porch being “lit up” by law enforcement walking down the street.

43 minutes ago, Bartles said:

MSNBC aired shots of Philly that turned out to be from the World War Z trailer

Until I see video, I'm calling BS. Somebody has to have video if it's real.

6 hours ago, Mole said:

Her Twitter feed is still up.  Pretty much nothing but retweets of President Trump.

https://twitter.com/brendasansi

Who would have guessed?

10 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Interesting, thanks. That makes sense.

@GRHorn, any idea why you’re drawn to that narrative? I’m genuinely curious as I can’t wrap my head around the narrative at all. If it were true (ie, these angry people are from...somewhere else), what does that mean to you? What personal belief structure does it support?

Virtually everyone in the country is on the side of the peaceful protestors and I think genuinely would like to see the issues at hand addressed. But a significant portion of the population also sees rioting and looting as unnecessary.  It casts a negative light on what’s happening. 

I think the vast majority of protestors do not support the destruction and looting that has occurred and understand that it potentially will work against their cause.

Against that backdrop, it makes sense to me that it’s more likely for people without skin in the game (non residents, whites) to agitate and escalate for whatever reasons. 

36 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

So fucking awesome.  Racist cops racially profile an FBI agent...get, rightly,  called stupid motherfuckers over and over again for their "effort".

https://twitter.com/ProfCaryCooper/status/1267400584572866561?s=20

I don't know what pisses me off more, the racism or the pure laziness of the cops to not even know who they are dealing with before slapping cuffs on a person. Just fucking tired, lazy, dog shit police work. And it's the norm for them.

5 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Alex Jones Hummer vandalized

101062735_10224488396386342_510270681451

And that’s just what he wanted.  How much time until a video from inside showing the ‘extreme leftist liberals out of control and paid by Soros’ show up on his website?

6 hours ago, Mole said:

If this happened to every person posting racist comments on Facebook the last few days, we'd be at 25% unemployment by the end of the week. 

• Like 1