Minneapolis is Burning

F250

1 minute ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

It sure sounds like one side was mostly responsible for the escalation and the violence 

One side initiated a physical conflict, then escalated it by drawing a gun (which it sounds like was being illegally concealed), then shot and killed a person who was trying to disarm him. Imagine a black shooter not just avoiding a murder conviction by pleading self defense as a justification for these facts, but avoiding indictment entirely.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I’m watching local news.
Owner’s dad pushes someone. Someone knocks him down. Owner brandished weapon asking who pushed his dad. One guy, one gal jump on owner. Owner fires weapon twice. They run away. Scurlock jumps on owner as they are running off. Owner kills Scurlock.
Either side could claim self defense. It’s the Wild West.

What a shit show. Why even be outside? if you are that concerned about your property board up and stay inside. 

or do the logical thing. Take plenty of pictures, document everything, remove small valuables and prepare of the inevitable insurance claim. 

Not to be that guy, but it looks like he's pointing it at someone to the kid's left. Still an incredibly evocative image. If that black guy can stand there calmly with his little girl on his shoulders, there's no reason for that asshole cop to be aiming a weapon at someone in their vicinity. 

The last time this was tested the country was a shitload whiter and more pro law enforcement and a Democrat was in the White House. Burning everything down when you're in charge is in no way a safe bet.
Never, ever underestimate suburban whites' disdain for having the boat rocked.

8 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Wonder if things will get more turnt up tonight in Minneapolis tonight in light of this conflicting autopsy.

Did anyone believe the first self-serving autopsy anyway?  Not that this new one isn't equally compromised in motivation, but the video is a pretty strong tie-breaker.

Edited by WBT

7 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Not to be that guy, but it looks like he's pointing it at someone to the kid's left.

I have no idea how you can come to that conclusion.  It's a 2-dimensional image and the look is absolutely horrible.

9 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Not to be that guy, but it looks like he's pointing it at someone to the kid's left. 

I agree, he's not aiming at them.  Parallax, how does it work?

11 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Maybe so.  I thought most beanbag guns looked like pump action shotguns.

Generally speaking riot shotgun are Mossberg pump actions. I've got riot rounds for mine, and they're pretty easy to get. 

18 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

One side initiated a physical conflict, then escalated it by drawing a gun (which it sounds like was being illegally concealed), then shot and killed a person who was trying to disarm him. Imagine a black shooter not just avoiding a murder conviction by pleading self defense as a justification for these facts, but avoiding indictment entirely.

Surprised this isn't getting more attention as it's exactly the type of shit that caused these protests

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Skipper said:

It seems like a safe bet.  Instead of getting blamed for COVID disaster, record unemployment and otherwise having his weekly insane tweets/tantrums/belittling of reporters highlighted by the media, it's nothing but riot coverage on every channel.  That suburban white female that may not like Trump very much might buy the "this is what happens with liberal leadership' fear angle that will no doubt be his talking point.  

If Trump actually thought this was going to help him politically, he wouldn't be freaking out on the governors.

He can't run as the law and order candidate when he delivers neither law nor order.  He can't run as the peace and prosperity candidate when he's delivered nothing but unrest and destitution.  

"Keep America Great" is already out the door.  You don't see that anymore.  And he increasingly looks incapable of making America great again.

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

If my brief research is correct, this appears  to be the shooter.

https://www.omaha.com/news/local/the-hive-owner-s-comments-on-transgender-people-bathrooms-spark-a-storm/article_ab33239d-3675-5263-bfbb-f9d58f5a7bf6.amp.html

9 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

If Trump actually thought this was going to help him politically, he wouldn't be freaking out on the governors.

He can't run as the law and order candidate when he delivers neither law nor order.  He can't run as the peace and prosperity candidate when he's delivered nothing but unrest and destitution.  

"Keep America Great" is already out the door.  You don't see that anymore.  And he increasingly looks incapable of making America great again.

He's freaking out on the governors hoping they will now do enough to bring the protests under control.  If it works, he's the one that 'led to restore law and order'.  If it fails it's the fault of the local/state officials.  

3 hours ago, Tuco said:

Back to the bar owner murdering James Scurlock in Omaha: press conference today at 1:30; consistent rumors from folks working in the courthouse is they will not press charges. Tonight is going to be bad.  

Murdering? That was as clear a case of self defense as I've ever seen. Scurlock attacked him, bar owner told him to get off several times, Scurlock continued to attack him until he got lead poisoning. He brought piss to a gun fight.

I have a friend from Long Island who is going back to Brooklyn again tonight to protest. She is younger and always tries to support good causes and efforts. I am actually proud of how involved she is with this. Those 20 somethings that everyone thinks are just lazy and don't care are the ones who are going to change our country for the better.

• Like 5