Minneapolis is Burning

F250

On 5/31/2020 at 9:47 PM, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Interesting, thanks. That makes sense.

@GRHorn, any idea why you’re drawn to that narrative? I’m genuinely curious as I can’t wrap my head around the narrative at all. If it were true (ie, these angry people are from...somewhere else), what does that mean to you? What personal belief structure does it support?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

Largely young and both black and white. This has been happening all over Manhattan.

Figured the North Face looters would've been all white for sure.

so every mayor is saying the looters are not from local.  so does antifa send Dallas folks to Chicago, Chicago to DC, DC to Philly, Minnesota to LA?  The planes must be full.  thats some damn good organization.

“Every” mayor is not saying that
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Lol, well of course
595d60d66e4f4a9ba92c956eb42db672.jpg

Protester 1: "Hey, man. I'm down with the cause and wanna help.  Anywhere you want me to drop a pile of bricks?  Somewhere near downtown Dallas?"

Protester 2:  "Thanks, brother!  We actually think urban centers are played out.  If we want the nation to really pay attention and see us, I think we should hit that sparsely populated cookie-cutter subdivision on the outskirts of civilization.  I saw there's a bunch of undeveloped land across the street where we could really do some damage."

Edited by Tom
  • Like 3

Protester 1: "Hey, man. I'm down with the cause and wanna help.  Anywhere you want me to drop a pile of bricks?  Somewhere near downtown Dallas?"
Protester 2:  "Thanks, brother!  We actually think urban centers are played out.  If we want the nation to really pay attention and see us, I think we should hit that sparsely populated cookie-cutter subdivision on the outskirts of civilization.  I saw there's a bunch of undeveloped land across the street where we could really do some damage."
New Hashtag: #ANTIFAeverywhere?
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, stone oak said:

Sad that you are more upset about this instead of the lack of leadership across every heavily democratic city this past weekend. The peaceful protests have been completely hijacked by organized domestic terrorists and no one seems to understand the difference. These people want to divide us more and more and destroy this country. Civil War is what they want and frankly, we are heading toward that.

Serious question: How many Right wing/Republican voters do you estimate are involved in looting stores, rioting, destroying cities or part of these organized domestic terrorists? Let’s leave race out of the equation. 

22 minutes ago, LABEVO said:

Eh, a lot of libertarians have been critical of what is going on. There just aren't very many well known libertarians.

Republicans have definitely been silent and "libertarian leaning Republicans" are just conservatives that want to oppose the Civil Rights Amendment. They are like aggy calling themselves Texas aggy, its just a ruse.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

Serious question: How many Right wing/Republican voters do you estimate are involved in looting stores, rioting, destroying cities or part of these organized domestic terrorists? Let’s leave race out of the equation. 

How many looters even vote?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Not sure why she would post this now, seems like bad taste. 

A friend of mine is a LT for the Oakland Fire Department and his crew responded to the shooting of the federal officers in Oakland. He said when they arrived on scene, the cops were really scared and you could see it in their eyes. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

Rioting destroying cities and part of organized domestic terrorism? About 90%.

We talking cops right?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

I'd expect that these are disaffected individuals, probably not registered or likely voters. We can try to guess affiliation but that just ends up being a political Rorschach test.

12 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

MSNBC reporting live fire in Louisville.

Fuck.

Louisville PD just killed another unarmed black man and their police chief was fired today. On top of that they are still reeling from another killing of a black woman by the cops. That place is set for some serious craziness.

1 minute ago, F250 said:

Louisville PD just killed another unarmed black man and their police chief was fired today. On top of that they are still reeling from another killing of a black woman by the cops. That place is set for some serious craziness.

Yeah I was aware of that, but hoping things didn't escalate today. More for the safety of the protesters and unarmed minorities than anything. Turns out those pesky body cams malfunctioned again during the murder of that man.

If you are a "good" cop in Louisville you need to start outing people or walk off the job. Fuck. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Nope, totally not an abuse of power.

'Halp me, Deep State!'

That's rich. The FBI will no doubt answer the call professionally but would love to tell DOJ to EABOD. How can they forget Trump and Barr's demonizing of the IC and career public serveants?

Edited by Degenerate Gardner

5 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Hey guys remember neither Biden nor Trump are great and therefore are the same.

Just want a return to normal huh. Normal to me growing up and these kids running these streets is what you’re seeing. A struggle everyday. I know that’s hard to fathom for some of you. 

Joe Biden paved the way for a DT. His rhetoric and actions before Trump was even thinking about being president is Trump lite. Name drop 94 crime bill just to hear some more excuses. Admit the mistakes. Don’t cover them up.

He will be owned by Bloomberg and friends out the gate. Like he’s always been. Such a great track record there esp regarding race relations. The stop and frisk guy. You can’t make this up. It’s behind the scenes with Joe. Trump is mask off. 

Joe Biden sent friends of mine to war. Kids of this generation died needlessly. There was no war to be had. Joe thought so tho. Bet he got paid for that vote so it’s all good.

Biden was the VP of an administration that deported now family members. The only father figures my wife ever knew were rounded up separated from their families put in a cage or two along the way and shipped off back where they came from. I’d expect nothing different from Trump.

Joe thinks some grass should land you a rap sheet. Anyone had family members locked up for a plant? Destroyed lives. Unacceptable.

Did Joe give a fuck about the debt I incurred while in college? No he laughed and said so what. The insurance I was without and could of used while in college? Nah still doesn’t care about that for the next generation.

These are some of the things that matter to me. Someone tell me where they are different. Lip service? Take that with you I can handle it by now. Y’all think these kids out here struggling are going to vote for Biden keep dreaming. They know they can accomplish more by looting a target. That gets more attention than their lives. How sad.

Good news is Joe will prob win anyway. Bad news is win or lose he’s an inch away from fucking it up and paving the way for DT 2.0. But at least it’ll be back to normal. Make America 5 years ago again. We really had our shit together there.

Look username checks out. It’s dropout time. Everything. General strike. Y’all want peaceful change stop showing up to work. That’s the only play. We won’t do that tho. We want normal. The normal that’s been silver spoon fed to everyone since birth.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, F250 said:

This also happened in Louisville:

100478839_2923689981033419_4114380757475

"Cop got separated from other cops and these brave brothers formed an human shield around him to protect him from angry protesters. This is all we fight for.. for someone to form a shield around us in a time of need, help us when we need it. #RESPECT"

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

Nihilists have no affiliation to anything. They just want to watch the world burn. 

9 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

"Cop got separated from other cops and these brave brothers formed an human shield around him to protect him from angry protesters. This is all we fight for.. for someone to form a shield around us in a time of need, help us when we need it. #RESPECT"

Those were amazing pictures.

Their bravery wasn't forming the human shield and facing the angry protesters, their act of bravery was turning their backs on an armed Louisville police officer.

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Dropout said:

Just want a return to normal huh. Normal to me growing up and these kids running these streets is what you’re seeing. A struggle everyday. I know that’s hard to fathom for some of you. 

Joe Biden paved the way for a DT. His rhetoric and actions before Trump was even thinking about being president is Trump lite. Name drop 94 crime bill just to hear some more excuses. Admit the mistakes. Don’t cover them up.

He will be owned by Bloomberg and friends out the gate. Like he’s always been. Such a great track record there esp regarding race relations. The stop and frisk guy. You can’t make this up. It’s behind the scenes with Joe. Trump is mask off. 

Joe Biden sent friends of mine to war. Kids of this generation died needlessly. There was no war to be had. Joe thought so tho. Bet he got paid for that vote so it’s all good.

Biden was the VP of an administration that deported now family members. The only father figures my wife ever knew were rounded up separated from their families put in a cage or two along the way and shipped off back where they came from. I’d expect nothing different from Trump.

Joe thinks some grass should land you a rap sheet. Anyone had family members locked up for a plant? Destroyed lives. Unacceptable.

Did Joe give a fuck about the debt I incurred while in college? No he laughed and said so what. The insurance I was without and could of used while in college? Nah still doesn’t care about that for the next generation.

These are some of the things that matter to me. Someone tell me where they are different. Lip service? Take that with you I can handle it by now. Y’all think these kids out here struggling are going to vote for Biden keep dreaming. They know they can accomplish more by looting a target. That gets more attention than their lives. How sad.

Good news is Joe will prob win anyway. Bad news is win or lose he’s an inch away from fucking it up and paving the way for DT 2.0. But at least it’ll be back to normal. Make America 5 years ago again. We really had our shit together there.

Look username checks out. It’s dropout time. Everything. General strike. Y’all want peaceful change stop showing up to work. That’s the only play. We won’t do that tho. We want normal. The normal that’s been silver spoon fed to everyone since birth.

Your intellectual laziness is exhausting.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

Ah, that must be exhausting.

For their small minds yes. We all must believe is some idea of a better world. A nihilist is not tethered to any rule we presume to apply. Death is ultimate outcome - which is a sore spot for them. They must love Westworld and its philosophy.

But most nihilists, however, are not nihilists. More likely they are those of us who have lost faith in a considerable number of institutions.

True nihilsts have no idea who to believe - so they believe nothing. Life's a bitch and then you die. They have no faith in authority figures idolized by media outside their direct knowledge. A limited circle of trust, if you will. 

The "No to Nihilists" camp utterly dominates all peoples of the world. But somehow the nihilist is always in the spotlight. Perhaps it is because they don't care. But I digress - nihilism is no way to run a nation.  The nation weeps.  

Let the better angels of all work for concrete solution to fix this He was in custody. He should not have died.

Spoiler

That choke and perhaps all chokeholds need to stop. Whether they are cutting off oxygen or blood, all chokeholds need to be revisited immediately across this country. This can happen quickly by citizen demand. No one else needs to die like. That was death by torture. I don't know what in the hell that cop was thinking. Why was he choking his airway and his carotid artery? And the desparate squirming made it worse. Horrific death. Sickening. 

55 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

People protecting police was great to see. That is excellent visual proof that stopping a killing is not difficult. Why didn't the other three cops stop the killing? 

We need to broaden the shield to protect people detained. They break the law if they leave, so detaining officers have a duty to protect those detained. Grand Jury to review all claims for criminal indictment by detaining officer. Detaining Officer's first duty is protect the person detained.  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, LABEVO said:

I know her accent now . . . She has the voice of Ann Margaret - a hottie from the 60's-70's. 

I like Marianne. Our country could do much much worse than Marianne. She embodies kindness and truth. Great virtues. Her directness is a breath of fresh air in the Democratic Party. She diagnoses the problem looming out there. She was savaged in pop media. She became toxic. I appreciate her dedication to a better world. 

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Like 1