Minneapolis is Burning

F250

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

We are out there.  As are millions of others.  You have no idea what all we're doing on multiple fronts -- we have marched.  We have mobilized politically, working on both voter projects and for specific candidates.  My wife works with a downtown church that provides shelter and counseling to the victimized.  My wife has demonstrated in Lafayette Park with Reverend Barber and other faith leaders.  And the list goes on.  

And again, our problem is less the mayors -- who are doing what the loudest faction has demanded they do for decades -- but the huge chunk of our population who WANTS THEM TO DO AS THEY HAVE DONE.

You still don't fucking get it.  The problem is less the leaders doing what a group of people wants than it is the group of people who are demanding that they do those things, and have used that power to harm our society.

You are off the rails.  You still don't fucking get it.  The mayor is the mayor for a reason.  The city councils represent the people in city matters. What the fuck are they doing in leading these cities and police forces?  Why did they run for mayor?  The safety and rights of all the people in the city should be their first priority.  Though if I had to guess, its not.

Edited by dcar00

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

so 9 unarmed black men were killed by police last year, 19 white men, 6 hispanics.  the killer cop has been arrested, charged and is in jail.  the feds have been summoned almost immediately.  there isn't a most important reason  for cops not to violate rights.  people have them and they should not be violated ever specifically because they have them and for no other reason.

Are you arguing that the black community is fairly and equally served by the police? Really? It's possible I'm missing something.

If I read you correctly, this isn't an honest appraisal of history. It's a mere narrow line of data that does not account for factors even within its narrow scope. The killer cop was jailed only after outrage was expressed. 

Just now, dcar00 said:

You are are off the rails.  You still don't fucking get it.  The mayor is the mayor for a reason.  The city councils represent the people in city matters. What the fuck are they doing in leading these cities and police forces?  Why did they run for mayor?  The safety and rights of all the people in the city should be their first priority.  Though if I had to guess, its not.

Whether it's a schtick or you're truly that stupid, I don't much care.

We have to change the public sentiment first.  Otherwise, any attempt at changing/influencing political leadership is a wasted effort.  The people have to want this change first.  That's how it works.  You can keep pretending that it doesn't, but I long ago learned that I can't fix another person's steadfast disingenuity or ignorance -- and frankly, I don't care which one is your problem -- because that's your problem, not mine.  There will always be assholes who won't change.  We don't have to change all of them.  Just enough of them.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Whether it's a schtick or you're truly that stupid, I don't much care.

We have to change the public sentiment first.  Otherwise, any attempt at changing/influencing political leadership is a wasted effort.  The people have to want this change first.  That's how it works.  You can keep pretending that it doesn't, but I long ago learned that I can't fix another person's steadfast disingenuity or ignorance -- and frankly, I don't care which one is your problem -- because that's your problem, not mine.  There will always be assholes who won't change.  We don't have to change all of them.  Just enough of them.

your schtick and incoherent cloud yelling/rambling is tired.  agreed you can't fix stupid or people who avoid what the real problem is.  I don't much care which one you fall on either.  its your problem.  

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

your schtick and incoherent cloud yelling/rambling is tired.  agreed you can't fix stupid or people who avoid what the real problem is.  I don't much care which one you fall on either.  its your problem.  

I specifically said where the political solution has to be implemented: it starts among the people.  If you think that's "incoherent," then I can suggest some texts on remedial English that may be of help.

11 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

You are off the rails.  You still don't fucking get it.  The mayor is the mayor for a reason.  The city councils represent the people in city matters. What the fuck are they doing in leading these cities and police forces?  Why did they run for mayor?  The safety and rights of all the people in the city should be their first priority.  Though if I had to guess, its not.

Minneapolis is example number one as to why this isn't enough.  Mayors, councils, and even police chiefs around the country have tried reform and the police unions and enigmatic thin blue line stand in the way.  Until the unions stop pulling out all stops to keep a cop like Derek Chauvin on the streets, or better yet, police up and doown the chain internally begin to enforce against there own, there is not much that can be done at the municipal level.  But I think you know that.    

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Guaranteed this guy jerks off to Blacked on the regular 

On the one hand, that's racist as fuck. On the other hand, Tom Herman is an idiot. Hmm.

Edit: Also, probably will regret this, but what is this about in general?

Edited by gmr548

1 minute ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Minneapolis is example number one as to why this isn't enough.  Mayors, councils, and even police chiefs around the country have tried reform and the police unions and enigmatic thin blue line stand in the way.  Until the unions stop pulling out all stops to keep a cop like Derek Chauvin on the streets, or better yet, police up and doown the chain internally begin to enforce against there own, there is not much that can be done at the municipal level.  But I think you know that.    

yes unions are bad.

I expect that the protests, riots and looting will lead to relatively significant changes such as a transition from a welfare system to a UBI system, some form of universal health care, federal legalization of cannabis, police reform and a significant reduction in incarceration for non-violent offences.  The lower class, however, will remain inadequately educated, raised by single mothers and ultimately prove incapable of participating in a meaningful way in a knowledge-based economy.  That is definitely the case for anyone alive today and very likely for anyone born in the U.S. in the next 10 years.  You can't unwind that reality overnight regardless of the level of investment.  Those in the ghetto or the trailer park will overwhelmingly remain there and the continued proliferation of social media and "reality"-based entertainment will only enhance their self-awareness of their hopelessness.  Massive inequality will continue and the inevitability of national rioting will remain as long as millions of people are incapable of performing a role beyond Assistant Manager at Wendy's or Dollar General. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

Interesting time to defend and minimize police brutality, EMAW. Boots really getting a spitshine. 

I'm not defending it when it happens but the media wants you to think it happens literally hundreds of times more often than it actually does.  It both helps their ratings and meshes with their political views.  Has anyone in the media(other than Ben Shapiro which is where I got this info from) pointed out that in 2017 The Washington Post said there were 68 instances of unarmed African-Americans dying at the hands of police in the entire country?  Now that is 68 too many but that figure also includes the suicide by cop cases and cases in which they went for the cops guns.  That is 68 African-Americans in a country with a population of over 30 million African-Americans so it is not happening everywhere and all the time like the media wants the public to think.  

Let's also stop and discuss the level of expectations that we are placing on law enforcement.  In whole they deal with tens of thousands of cases where they have to make a split second decision based on extremely limited information and if they get that decision wrong someone (either them, other cops, suspects, or innocent people and bystanders) dies.  Granted this didn't apply to George Floyd, there is no excuse for the decisions made there but my overall point is still going to stand.  If they shoot when they shouldn't shoot someone dies.  If they don't shoot when they should someone dies.  And society is trending towards expecting them as a whole to go 10,000 for 10,000 when making those decisions.  That is an impossible standard for any profession to obtain no matter what level of training and experience they have.  Would anyone do the job they are doing now if everyone doing that job as a whole were expected to make 10,000 important decisions in a row correctly?  And what the long term result of these expectations will be is that the better the cop the more likely he is to say "fuck this shit I'm getting a job working as an internal investigator looking into white collar crime cases for some bank or financial company or at the very least a director of security at some factory or shopping mall."  Meanwhile the worse the cop the less likely he will have alternative employment opportunities so the more likely he will stay being a cop, knowing that the police unions will do everything in their power to keep him employed.  Eliminating instances like George Floyd should be a reasonable goal.  Eliminating every single fuck up some cop anywhere in the country makes is never going to be.  The only possible way this could happen would be if every police force everywhere in the country went 100% Robocop and who knows if that would even work.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Great, so shut the fuck up and let's go from there.

That's fine with me but it is never going to be enough for the screaming banshees on the SJW front.  They only see the first domino standing upright.  They have no foresight or knowledge of all the other dominoes that will tumble once the first one goes.  Compromise (like most words in the English language) is not part of their vocabulary. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

No Black person--especially on this site--has said or thinks this.  Any time someone posts about racial incidents against Blacks by Whites, it's not clear why you automatically think that Blacks are implying or saying that all White people are racist.  This is something you've hinted at on this website for years, and it's just not true.  It's also not clear what agenda you're trying to push by continuously typing this. 

If this is not what you're doing, I would hope you would elaborate a bit. 

Maybe we’re part of the same hypocrisy, Pancho. We believe whatever image the news media wants us to believe and distill that info based on our worldview. Or maybe I’m sensitive when you post tweets, do a little research, and see that the poster has an obvious pro-black agenda of blaming whitey for everything. While I can’t possibly know all your tweets posted, correct me if I’m wrong while we are taking about posting history. Or will you re-tale a partial, with examples, to show how unbiased you really are on looking at both sides of the issue?

The world views you with who you associate with, rather online or in person. Some whites people look at our history, feel a sense a of guilt, and agree with everything a POC says because they feel a sense of duty. Some of us acknowledge the history but know we didn’t have a goddamn thing to do with oppressing POC, acknowledge racial bias exists but are shut down at every avenue because we can’t possible understand the human condition as whites people. The same way gun owners can’t mourn Sandy Hook because they are part of the problem.

But please, continue to be pious. It would be great if the world operates in a vacuum in websites. It does not.

Nothing here but love for you.

Edited by Spankytoes
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I shouldn't encourage the troll, but it would seem any thinking person might realize that police discrimination against young African-American men is not limited to the crime of murder.

True but so far in the 21st century the burning down of inner cities and the plagues of fuckwads setting shit on fire and looting does seem to be limited to cases that result in murder (or at least death) so doing something about those would seem to be the highest priority.  To quote Chuckie above me, so shut the fuck up and let's go from there.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yes, right-wing America's tolerance of a black man kneeling on a football field tells us exactly how willing they are to compromise.

Shut the fuck up, EMAW.

Time and place for everything.  You don't fart in church.  Politics and sports don't mix.  He was welcome to kneel down in front of San Francisco City Hall anytime he wanted to.  Plus he wasn't kneeling on a football field, he was kneeling on a football field during the playing of the national anthem.  Again, you don't fart in church and you don't scratch your ass when the choir is singing.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

Just now, EMAWesome said:

Time and place for everything.  You don't fart in church.  Politics and sports don't mix.  He was welcome to kneel down in front of San Francisco City Hall anytime he wanted to.  Plus he wasn't kneeling on a football field, he was kneeling on a football field during the playing of the national anthem.  Again, you don't fart in church and you don't scratch your ass when the choir is singing.

Tell me why exactly politics and sports don't mix, when they've been mixing as long as both have existed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EMAWesome said:

Why? Why can’t I fart in church? Why can’t politics and sports mix? Why is your brain so simple that you are incapable of handling the realities of life across multiple platforms. I’m sorry that you cannot have your safe spaces. Welcome to reality. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

14 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Compromise (like most words in the English language) is not part of their vocabulary. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yes, right-wing America's tolerance of a black man kneeling on a football field tells us exactly how willing they are to compromise.

Shut the fuck up, EMAW.

I would have added this to my other reply from you but I blinked and the editing time expired.  I challenge you to find one post I have made anywhere on this site condemning the peaceful protesters acting anywhere in the country over this.  I have no problem at all with them.  I applaud them.  My issue are the ass clowns who are literally adding gasoline to the fire.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

Tell me why exactly politics and sports don't mix, when they've been mixing as long as both have existed. 

What good came from the U.S. boycott of the 1980 Olympics?  It changed nothing in the world geopolitically.  All it did was deprive a group of athletes who trained for four years of their opportunity to compete in an event they had their hearts set on competing in.  Same with the U.S.S.R. boycott in 1984.  They changed nothing.   All the sham of the end of the gold medal basketball game in 1972 did was leave a bad taste in the mouths of the American players.  It did nothing to help world peace.  Do I even have to mention Black Monday in Munich?  No mixture of sports and politics has ever helped either sports or politics.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

References to Criminal Justice Reform are starting to percolate up with a few members of Congress. In my opinion Sanders had a really thorough plan for CJ Reform, I'd like to see his plan adopted by the Democrats and Biden. At least that is the pipe dream. In reality we will end up with an insignificant change that's enough to get the rabble rousers to go home for a couple of years until this flares up again.

2 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

What good came from the U.S. boycott of the 1980 Olympics?  It changed nothing in the world geopolitically.  All it did was deprive a group of athletes who trained for four years of their opportunity to compete in an event they had their hearts set on competing in.  Same with the U.S.S.R. boycott in 1984.  They changed nothing.   All the sham of the end of the gold medal basketball game in 1972 did was leave a bad taste in the mouths of the American players.  It did nothing to help world peace.  Do I even have to mention Black Monday in Munich?  No mixture of sports and politics has ever helped either sports or politics.

Yea, I guess Jackie Robinson didn’t help anything. Or Bill Russell. Or John Carlos and Tommie Smith.

Still waiting for your reply to me finding a post on this site where you condemned the peaceful protests. Take your disingenuousness and fuck off

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EMAWesome said:

Good thing Jackie Robinson breaking the color barrier wasn't political at all, or Jack Johnson becoming heavyweight champion of the world, then being hounded for it. If you want to bring up the Olympics, what do you the motives of Baron de Courbertin were with the attempts to restart the games? You don't think politics played a major part in that?

2 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Not when shunned or purposely overlooked due to them being done in situations inconvenient to the likes of you. Just because you don't want to accept them, doesn't mean they are not valid. And those who protest during times where there are lots of eyes on them (sports) do it because of there are eyes on them and do not owe you an apology because it doesn't fit within your specific guidelines. 

7 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

No mixture of sports and politics has ever helped either sports or politics.

I hyperbolize a lot, but I am being 100% sincere when I say that this may be the stupidest statement ever written on this site.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Woland said:

4feae56fa7b311b5629f5118ce0ab2d0.jpg

What about religion and politics? Do they mix?

Somewhere out there Q is furiously constructing a narrative around Verend Rector. 'Ver comes from a word meaning truth. Trump is telegraphing that the end is near and Truth will finally be revealed. Deep State escape pods will be leaving from Connecticut & Oregon.'

6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

EMAW will move the goalposts until the heat death of the universe. Stop engaging with him.

Trumpkins have no moral compass or political principles just a series of ethereal rules that are used to justify the actions of BunkerBitch then those rules dissipate until the next action requires them to shift course and a new set of rules are pulled out of the ether.

Icono may be a fascist but at least he takes a stand on the principles of fascism. Emaw just uses the talking points of Fox News as a guide.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, F250 said:

Trumpkins have no moral compass or political principles just a series of ethereal rules that are used to justify the actions of BunkerBitch then those rules dissipate until the next action requires them to shift course and a new set of rules are pulled out of the ether.

Icono may be a fascist but at least he takes a stand on the principles of fascism. Emaw just uses the talking points of Fox News as a guide.

Not fox news, Ben Shapiro, and proudly so

• Like 1

I think what EMAW is arguing is that he fully supports any form of protest, so long as that protest inconveniences absolutely no one either directly or indirectly, and so long as the protest bows to all previously established rules of courtesy, no matter how minor or inconsequential they are. Protests should also not challenge any other persons belief system or make them feel uncomfortable in any way. 

There is a nice 3' by 3' box over there off in the distance in which protestors can stand and protest to their hearts content so that it can be wilfully ignored. 

• Like 6

Apparently sending in Jack-Booted Thugs to clear out a church is acceptable but farting is not.

They literally cleared clergy out of the church. But that's ok to Johnny because the bishop is ugly and his cult is way more popular.*

*It's Mammon, and it always has been more popular.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

yeah, honestly have never understood this tradition.

Another holdover of a long ago war that we'll never be able to change. 

It's actually quite jarring when you start to follow international sports on TV, and they just launch right into the game without any national anthem or bowing to a flag. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

On the one hand, that's racist as fuck. On the other hand, Tom Herman is an idiot. Hmm.

Edit: Also, probably will regret this, but what is this about in general?

That troll bot forgot to register a non-robot twitter username.

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

CSB, I live in KC and this video prompted my first strongly worded note to a politician. I wrote the mayor and my councilperson asking them to publicly call out this obvious overstep. It's been two days and they are still silent. I like, and voted for, both of them... I don't think those votes will be given again. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

If you don't want to mix politics and sports, quit playing the national anthem before sporting events. 

This is so correct that it's mind-boggling. My Huckleberry 2032 platform will include removing any direct or indirect federal funding or antitrust protection for any league that plays the national anthem before their sporting events. I won't last long, but that is the exact reason why sports and politics mix. Don't like Kaepernick kneeling during the national anthem before a football game? There's a really easy solution for that.

• Like 1