Minneapolis is Burning

F250

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

All I can say is congratulations to @Anastasis and all the burn it down bois. You’ve really got to be thrilled with how this is going:

I understand it makes some of the Status Quo Bozos a little uncomfortable to see the reality of the system that we have created in this country laid out in front of them. 

• Like 1

Hours ago I was flipping channels and saw Fucker Carlson on Fox News doing a segment on "will anyone even want to become cops anymore?" and it made me laugh out loud to myself. 

Have conservatives always been such pieces of shit, and I'm somehow just now noticing? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NIUHuskies said:

Those investigators and undercovers aren't the ones beating and abusing non white Innocents. It's the low level daily patrol uniformed thugs and those aren't preventing jack shit. Mostly just writing tickets and responding to emergency calls. They should stick to doing that but just do it better. 

25 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Hours ago I was flipping channels and saw Fucker Carlson on Fox News doing a segment on "will anyone even want to become cops anymore?" and it made me laugh out loud to myself. 

Have conservatives always been such pieces of shit, and I'm somehow just now noticing? 

Yes. For one thing for at least 40 years they haven't been anything resembling conservative. They're all for wasting money like crazy when it's going into their own pockets. Regan/Bush2/trump. All had no problem exploding the national deficit for their own selfish means. 

They also like using fear as the main motivating force to keep you voting for them. They have always invented boogymen for fear mongering and one of their favorite targets is minorities. All from Nancy Regan and the bullshit war on drugs to trump era "caravans" and hordes of illegals looking to kill whitey. Nothing but lies and bullshit fear mongering. All to distract you while they reached into America's pockets and continuously stole from all of us. 

They've also always been about their own Christian or white people's rights but fuck everyone else. We want to carry guns but we want the police to harass and kill minorities for carrying guns. We want our drugs of choice legalized and prescribed in large doses but we want the poor and minorities sent to prison for their drugs. We want to believe in Christianity and you can't interfere but we want to spread lies and propaganda about Muslims, Jews, and anyone other than us. 

That's who they are. That's who they've always been. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Remind me again why Mattis wouldn't say anything.

That's incredible that they encouraged them to do so. We are growing closer to an open rebellion by our armed forces against this shitheel in the Oval Office for how he is trying to completely tear down what we have left of our democracy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grandioso said:

LMAO

Wait. Dude got fired for tweeting that all lives matter? 

Edit: just read up on this and apparently it's "something racists say in response to BLM." It still strikes me as an odd thing to fire someone for. 

Edited by Hookah Horns

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

Tragic. I have no doubt that when they catch who did it that person will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. 

10 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

A reminder to every member of the military:

Remember the first three words of that Constitution you've sworn an oath to defend: "We the people."  Don't fucking forget it.

And from the UCMJ:

When Barr, or Trump, or Esper, order you to violate the Constitution.....don't.  Refuse the order.  Record the order, and all interactions related to the order.  Obtain legal counsel promptly.  But keep your oath.

You realize his cult thinks that people who make their dear leader look bad are domestic enemies, right? Our hope is that a significant few in high positions interpret it correctly and see what the history books will day. They need to stand up to him and refuse unconstitutional orders to use military force against their own citizens within their own borders. And no resigning. Refuse the orders and make him try to fire you publicly. See whose loyal to the people and who is loyal to the traitor in chief.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

The irony of the prospect that one might need the second amendment to protect one’s self from the Trump Administration’s deployment of the military on the citizenry.

They're on Trump's side. Turns out they're actually on the side of tyranny so long as it's their brand of tyranny. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

The irony of the prospect that one might need the second amendment to protect one’s self from the Trump Administration’s deployment of the military on the citizenry.

That's the opposite of ironic.

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You might be surprised how many of us gun owners are on the side of the Republic, not the regime.

I'm talking about the (unregulated) right-wing militia types who carry their assault rifles (which they don't need and shouldn't have) in public. The sort who marched in Charlottesville or barged into the Michigan Statehouse screaming bloody murder because they can't get a haircut. 

The protests in Denver are at least resulting in an attempt at change, although the usual suspects want to stop it or at least water it down.

Democratic state lawmakers on Tuesday began to unveil a sweeping bill aimed at increasing law enforcement accountability in Colorado by collecting racial profiling data, ensuring officers hold each other accountable and making it easier for the public to file lawsuits against police.

The measure, which could be introduced as soon as Wednesday, also would beef up how law-enforcement involved deaths are investigated, prevent problematic officers from moving to different police departments and sheriff’s offices, and require agencies to use body cameras while giving them guidelines on how and when to release footage.

The legislation is expected to be introduced Wednesday in the Colorado Senate and comes in response the death last week of George Floyd at the hands of police in Minnesota. Tuesday was the sixth straight day of protests in Denver in response to Floyd’s death.

“This is not a new conversation. Many of my colleagues have been talking about various aspects of police reform for years,” said Senate President Leroy Garcia, a Pueblo Democrat who will be one of the prime sponsors of the bill. “And, quite frankly, it’s a travesty that it takes such a catastrophe that’s happening across the United States, and in many of our own backyards, (for the legislation to happen).”

Garcia said it’s clear the time to act is now.

“Why would you not want greater accountability or transparency in your police department?” he said. “We haven’t done enough soon enough.” 

One aspect of the bill that law enforcement does support is a section that would require officers to intervene if their comrades use unreasonable force against a member of the public. Violators would face criminal prosecution.

The ACLU of Colorado is endorsing the measure, touting its unveiling on its social media channels.

“It’s a very significant change,” said Denise Maes, the ACLU of Colorado’s public policy director. “Colorado is in a good place, but we can’t pretend that there isn’t more progress to be made.”

Herod said she would like to include a clause in the measure creating a statewide investigation force to be house in the Colorado Attorney General’s Office and which would investigate law enforcement complaints and deaths at the hands of sheriff’s deputies and police officers. Herod said she was still in talks with Colorado Attorney General Phil Weiser, a Democrat, about that aspect of the legislation.

“The Attorney General’s Office has been engaged with the sponsors of the criminal justice reform bill to ensure it improves peace officer training, provides greater accountability and restores trust in law enforcement,” Weiser’s spokesman, Lawrence Pacheco, said in a written statement.

Another part of the new bill would change Colorado’s so-called “fleeing felon law,” which allows officers to use deadly force against people they suspect are fleeing the commission of a felony. The legislation would change the law to limit the use of deadly force only when there is an imminent threat of a suspect using a weapon as part of their escape.

Garcia said the details of the bill are still being worked out and it’s subject to change.

https://coloradosun.com/2020/06/02/colorado-police-accountability-bill/

• Like 1

Guest Lobo
1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Esper goes on the record and says he does not support invoking the Insurrection act - directly contradicting the president.

Hey uh, Esper...that still your '17 Lincoln out in the parking lot?  And you usually drive home after you finish up in your office, at what...7:30pm?