Minneapolis is Burning

F250

5 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Again, don't ask me to give a rat's ass when a cop gets killed.  

Yeah.....makes it really fucking hard, doesn't it?

Tell us guys, how do we tell the "good cops" from these cops?  Do they wear different colored hats or something?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah.....makes it really fucking hard, doesn't it?

Tell us guys, how do we tell the "good cops" from these cops?  Do they wear different colored hats or something?

The same way you tell good Muslims from Islamic terrorists?

3 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

Well, when all muslims are charged with the duty to protect me, and I pay them to do so, but they attack me anyway, then yes, your analogy will be spot-on.

• Like 8

Just now, Spankytoes said:

What cop has attacked you? 

One attacked my father, beat the fuck out of him, and tossed him in jail on a made-up charge (it was later dropped, in exchange for my dad not making a stink about the beating), leaving us to think that he died on the way home.  Thanks for asking.

One flat-out lied when he pulled me over.

My black law school classmate buddy was regularly detained and questioned by cops for being in the same sort of places the rest of his classmates would go without any hassle.

You wanna go on?  We can do this all fucking day.  Wait, month.  Wait, we can go for a year, maybe more.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Police trap peaceful protesters between two parking garages and then throw flash bangs and pepper spray from above.

ACAB

That’s beyond the fucking pale. I’m guessing this is close to where the convention would’ve been?

’Dry run’ with live targets.

1 minute ago, Spankytoes said:

The same claim is made against peaceful Muslims. That they should condemn attacks more vocally.

You really don't see the fucking difference?

Are all muslims charged with a legal duty to uphold the law?  Like, when they see a murder being committed, it's literally their JOB to stop it?  Nope.

That's cops you're thinking of.  And not only do they repeatedly attack civilians (and lie/cover it up), instead of doing their JOB and stopping the bad cops doing it....they cover for them.

So, kind of a HUGE fucking difference.  I can say that "I'm not responsible for what other members of my race/neighborhood/religion do," and that's correct (I mean, I still try though).  But a cop is LITERALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR STOPPING CRIMES.

• Like 4

One attacked my father, beat the fuck out of him, and tossed him in jail on a made-up charge (it was later dropped, in exchange for my dad not making a stink about the beating), leaving us to think that he died on the way home.  Thanks for asking.

One flat-out lied when he pulled me over.

My black law school classmate buddy was regularly detained and questioned by cops for being in the same sort of places the rest of his classmates would go without any hassle.

You wanna go on?  We can do this all fucking day.  Wait, month.  Wait, we can go for a year, maybe more.

So you have posted individual instances of cops behaving badly. Yes, I want to go on. Let’s post incidents of black people behaving badly. Why are all cops bad, based on your examples, but not all black people are bad because a few doesn’t represent the majority? Explain the difference to me on how broad strokes are applied.

So you have posted individual instances of cops behaving badly. Yes, I want to go on. Let’s post incidents of black people behaving badly. Why are all cops bad, based on your examples, but not all black people are bad because a few doesn’t represent the majority? Explain the difference to me on how broad strokes are applied.

Are you genuinely this stupid?

Tell me this, which one of these people took an oath, and has a job paid for by WE THE PEOPLE, to stop crimes from occurring:

1) Joe Black Guy

2) Joe Cop

So, now that we know the answer is "Joe Cop" who has that job.....who is derelict in their duty when they allow another member of their class (the class of all black people, or the class of cops) to commit a crime?

That's right!  It's Joe Cop again!

I don't hold black people responsible for policing other black people.  I DO hold police responsible for policing other police because, well.....it's literally right there in the name of their job.

Stop.  You're embarrassing yourself.

You really don't see the fucking difference?

Are all muslims charged with a legal duty to uphold the law?  Like, when they see a murder being committed, it's literally their JOB to stop it?  Nope.

That's cops you're thinking of.  And not only do they repeatedly attack civilians (and lie/cover it up), instead of doing their JOB and stopping the bad cops doing it....they cover for them.

So, kind of a HUGE fucking difference.  I can say that "I'm not responsible for what other members of my race/neighborhood/religion do," and that's correct (I mean, I still try though).  But a cop is LITERALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR STOPPING CRIMES.

No, I don’t. Terrorists fuck up the perception for law abiding Muslims. Rogue cops fuck up the image for the good cops. 

If cops are literally responsible for stopping crimes, why all the outrage for using police tactics to control crowds? They are doing exactly what they are supposed to do. The semantics are the tactics being used and why. Are we supposed to ignore the crimes being committed because “fuck the police”?

• Fuck You 2

No, I don’t. Terrorists fuck up the perception for law abiding Muslims. Rogue cops fuck up the image for the good cops. 

If cops are literally responsible for stopping crimes, why all the outrage for using police tactics to control crowds? They are doing exactly what they are supposed to do. The semantics are the tactics being used and why. Are we supposed to ignore the crimes being committed because “fuck the police”?

Why all the outrage?  Because the law does NOT allow the use of force on peaceful assemblies.  None of us are griping about a cop tackling a looter.  We're complaining about cops shooting journalists in the face, shooting civilians standing on their own front porch (which was legally ALLOWED per the curfew order), shooting smoke grenades and rubber bullets at peaceful protesters they pinned down between two buildings, etc.

Don't equate the two.  None of us are.  Only you.  Because you're not very good at this.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

Did you miss the part where our most stalwart allies in the war against ISIS and al Qa'ida in Mesopotamia were the Kurds (right up until Donald Trump betrayed them to the Syrians and Russians)?

To exactly what religion do you think the Kurds adhere?

4 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

Well, a cop chose to become a cop and every day chooses to remain a cop.  So that's a pretty fucking big difference right there.

Honestly, Spanky--when did you become this stupid and/or racist?

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Are you genuinely this stupid?

Tell me this, which one of these people took an oath, and has a job paid for by WE THE PEOPLE, to stop crimes from occurring:

1) Joe Black Guy

2) Joe Cop

So, now that we know the answer is "Joe Cop" who has that job.....who is derelict in their duty when they allow another member of their class (the class of all black people, or the class of cops) to commit a crime?

That's right!  It's Joe Cop again!

I don't hold black people responsible for policing other black people.  I DO hold police responsible for policing other police because, well.....it's literally right there in the name of their job.

Stop.  You're embarrassing yourself.

I see. So your tactic, when being asked for clarification civilly, is to insult a person’s intelligence for not agreeing with you.

Maybe you’re part of the problem?

• Fuck You 8

Why are all cops bad, based on your examples, but not all black people are bad because a few doesn’t represent the majority? Explain the difference to me on how broad strokes are applied.

Cops behaving badly is an issue of government authority and power.

Citizens (black, in your example, because you cannot help but betray the hate and fear that underlies your entire word) behaving badly has nothing to do with government authority and power. It's just bad behavior.

Terrorists fuck up the perception for law abiding Muslims.

Only among racists.

Rogue cops fuck up the image for the good cops. 

Is a cop who watches (and I mean literally watches) a "rogue cop" do bad shit a "good cop"? What if he sees the video and doesn't arrest the "rogue cop" later when they are standing next to each other at the precinct? What if he hears a rumor about it and doesn't report it?

If cops are literally responsible for stopping crimes, why all the outrage for using police tactics to control crowds?

Because being in a crowd isn't a crime.

Also, it's a tool of the fascist to use language to normalize brutality. "police tactics"

The semantics are the tactics being used and why. Are we supposed to ignore the crimes being committed because “fuck the police”?

If the police were simply enforcing laws we wouldn't be having this conversation.

• Like 2

I see. So your tactic, when being asked for clarification civilly, is to insult a person’s intelligence for not agreeing with you.

You should use some "police tactics" on him for hurting your feelings.

Rogue cops fuck up the image for the good cops. 

Oh, and  this goes BEYOND that, and you know it.  Yeah, everyone has a problem with rogue cops.

What we're talking about here are ALL THE OTHER COPS who know about the rogue cop, watch him commit crimes, and let him get away with it.  You are talking about Chauvin.  The rest of us are talking about the three cops who stood by and WATCHED him murder a man, and actually PROTECTED him while he did it.

So, if you want to go with your analogy....if you spot some regular muslims who function as lookouts and protectors for the terrorist planting a bomb, you know that that makes them?  Terrorists.

So, let's apply the same rule to cops, shall we?  If the cops know that one of them is lying on a report, hurting a suspect, etc., and instead of stopping him, they COVER for him, that makes them criminals.  And the problem is.....MOST COPS fall into that group.

4 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

No, I called you stupid because of the objective evidence supporting that conclusion.  Your logical reasoning skills are only reinforcing that conclusion.  You could avoid that by -- and this is a big step, but you can do it -- not being stupid.  For example, the bulk of the post you quoted was a basic exercise in logical reasoning.  You chose to completely sidestep it in favor of whining.  I stand by my assessment.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Again, don't ask me to give a rat's ass when a cop gets killed.  

The problem is that if a single cop is killed anywhere in this country during these riots, thousands of them will go full Keyser Soze on whomever is closest.

• Like 2

Hundreds of NYPD coordinate from two sides of a river to trap thousands of protesters on a bridge in the hope that just one will throw a water bottle at them so they can say they were justified in gassing and beating the shit out of thousands of people.

Spanky: “just a couple rogue cops. Why aren’t y’all bitching about Muslims??!?!!?!”

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

One side is backed with district attorneys, prosecutors, judges and jailers who are all against you and a lot of them crooked.

They can trap you and your family in a system for years and generations where they purposely keep you from prospering and take away your hope.

1 minute ago, DigDug said:

One side is backed with district attorneys, prosecutors, judges and jailers who are all against you and a lot of them crooked.

They can trap you and your family in a system for years and generations where they purposely keep you from prospering and take away your hope.

Is that exclusive to POC or are whites people at risk too?

15 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

It's not a crime to gather as a crowd. In fact, it is a constitutionally protected right. Police very often are the ones who escalate the situations where gatherings turn violent. They've been doing it all week.

Edited by David Dennison

Is that exclusive to POC or are whites people at risk too?

It’s not exclusive, but it’s much much more prevalent and real.  It’s a different reality, and I honestly I think you know that.

8 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

The problem is that if a single cop is killed anywhere in this country during these riots, thousands of them will go full Keyser Soze on whomever is closest.

Agreed.  I don’t want anyone to die, I’m just not going to put anymore importance on a cop’s death than anyone else I don’t know.

If Esper had any balls he would resign effective immediately on live TV WITHOUT telling Trump in advance. 

Go on TV and say "I can not support the authoritarian and tyrannical measures the President wants to put in place.  I disagree with him wholeheartedly and will not because party to trampling on the Constitutional rights of Americans.  My letter of resignation is being delivered to the President as I speak as I have chosen to never see the man in person ever again.  Thank you."

But he's a lackey and he doesnt have the cojones, or conscience, to do it.

• Like 6

I know there are all kinds of groups out there causing issues, but the narrative that there is only evidence of "right wing" groups is not correct.  

Come on now.  We have all seen the videos of skinny rolled up jeans hipsters with long hair encouraging black guys to start some shit.  You also going to tell me with a straight face that skater dudes busting windows are part of right wing extremist groups?    

Don't get me wrong I am sure there are right wing nuts out there causing shit as well.  

• Haha 1

If Esper had any balls he would resign effective immediately on live TV WITHOUT telling Trump in advance. 
Go on TV and say "I can not support the authoritarian and tyrannical measures the President wants to put in place.  I disagree with him wholeheartedly and will not because party to trampling on the Constitutional rights of Americans.  My letter of resignation is being delivered to the President as I speak as I have chosen to never see the man in person ever again.  Thank you."

The only balls to be found in this admin are those that regularly slap against Pence’s chin and ass.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Macanudo said:

As I have said before, Esper is an idiot.  The brass at the Pentagon are not happy and haven't been for some time.  This latest picture stunt really pissed some folks off.  I think you would have normally seen some 4 stars retire/resign in protest but they feel the need to protect the force and to push back when they can.  

We’re talking about racist cops, are we not? 

AND THOSE COPS WHO PROTECT THEM, in DIRECT conflict with their duty.   You don't get to do bullshit gaslighting and mischaracterize the topic.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I understand it makes some of the Status Quo Bozos a little uncomfortable to see the reality of the system that we have created in this country laid out in front of them. 

It's like we all live in the same building and the plumbing sucks.

The Status Quo Bozos keep working to elect a co-op president who will spend the money to fix the plumbing. The Burn-it-down bois shout about how the building is poorly managed and the coop board is corrupt and everything is way too expensive and the plumbing sucks, and they get so angry they set the building on fire.

So now we're all standing there, considering our impending homelessness, watching as the building burns. And as the bricks and frame structure of of the building falls away, it breaks a still functional, pressurized pipe, spraying water into a void where a toilet used to be. And one of the Status Quo Bozos points out the broken pipe spraying amidst the flames and says:

"All I can say is congratulations to @Anastasis, @maninblack, and all the burn it down bois. You’ve really got to be thrilled with how this is going."

And one of the burn it down bois says, triumphantly
"I understand it makes some of the Status Quo Bozos a little uncomfortable to see the reality of the plumbing in this building laid out in front of them."

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

As I have said before, Esper is an idiot.  The brass at the Pentagon are not happy and haven't been for some time.  This latest picture stunt really pissed some folks off.  I think you would have normally seen some 4 stars retire/resign in protest but they feel the need to protect the force and to push back when they can.  

I wondered why Milley and others, military and civilian have not resigned as well but wonder if some are staying on thinking they can head off stuff. 

But I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that anyone and everyone in a position of authority or influence is a Trump jock sniffer.

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Obama will address the nation today at 4pm - Trump is going to lose his shit.  Tweets incoming.

Finally. I really don't like the idea of Ex-presidents doing this because we have one president at a time. But right now, in this crisis, we don't have a president and we need one. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 7