Minneapolis is Burning

F250

19 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

That isn't a Lakota.  

This is a Lakota:

1920px-UH-72_Volk_field.jpg

From the view we have, thats what it looks like.  The back of the cabin has clamshell barn doors to load stretchers.  Tail rotor drive shaft is really tall to gain that rear entry and to keep the tail rotor out of the entry/exit strike area.   Its the only thing in the Army inventory that remotely looks like that.  

Here is another angle.  You can see the split tail rotor stabilizers in this video.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/watch-helicopters-hover-low-over-protesters-in-washington-84223557542

And uh, holy shit.  This wasnt a single aircraft.  They showed footage of a UH-60 in this video as well, so this is an extended issue.  Heads are gonna roll.  

EDIT:  I assume you are being thrown by the red cross being closer to the middle of the aircraft.  Its painted onto the aft cabin doors, which slide open to the rear.  These guys are flying with the doors open.  

Another angle, pretty much a side shot so you can see the nose profile better.  Definitely a Lakota.  

spacer.png

Edited by TXSG8R

26 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Who owes you any explanation on why they feel Law Enforcement has a systematic problem with racism?  What does it matter if they have felt that pain personally or if they have been activists before? A confluence of events have happened to rehighlight (again) the problems with Law Enforcement. It's a problem. Just because you don't feel it, doesn't mean it doesn't impact a significant portion of our society, so needs to be addressed.......for the greater good of the society. 

And is your contention really that they shouldn't be protesting and protesting is bad, but you can't have a voice in this if you haven't protested before? 

"I think people should stop molesting kids!"

Spanky:  "FUCK YOU WERE YOU EVER MOLESTED GO FUCK YOURSELF!" 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Honestly, what the fuck is this? Why are military-outfitted police not identifying themselves in this country? I’m guessing CBP or DEA based on the idiots running those agencies 

Isn't this the kind of shit that Alex Jones was supposed to be going ballistic about?  

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Seems like indeed a very good time to mock the domestic deployment of the surveillance state in a political context. 

It's a very good time to re-point out what I'll probably have to re-point out again.

What you protest first, most frequently, and with the most fervor says more than your actual words.

In your crusade against against law enforcement abuse, you have poured at least ten-fold the amount of time and energy as it relates to a guy that wasn't killed by law enforcement, violently attacked by law enforcement, arrested by law enforcement, and which you have conceded would not have affected the discovery of voluminous criminality in a legitimate investigation as it pertains to one man who is free today.

NO ONE should have more posts on this thread that is jam packed with way more examples of way more egregious law enforcement abuse than you if your opposition to law enforcement abuse is as principled and consistent as you characterize.

Yes, I've seen your posts on this thread opposing law enforcement abuse, I understand we all have a finite amount of free time to voice opposition to injustice and almost anyone can point out an even greater injustice, but the difference is stark and almost impossible not to notice.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

It's a very good time to re-point out what I'll probably have to re-point out again.

What you protest first, most frequently, and with the most fervor says more than your actual words.

In your crusade against against law enforcement abuse, you have poured at least ten-fold the amount of time and energy as it relates to a guy that wasn't killed by law enforcement, violently attacked by law enforcement, arrested by law enforcement, and which you have conceded would not have affected the discovery of voluminous criminality in a legitimate investigation as it pertains to one man who is free today.

NO ONE should have more posts on this thread that is jam packed with way more examples of way more egregious law enforcement abuse than you if your opposition to law enforcement abuse is as principled and consistent as you characterize.

Yes, I've seen your posts on this thread opposing law enforcement abuse, I understand we all have a finite amount of free time to voice opposition to injustice and almost anyone can point out an even greater injustice, but the difference is stark and almost impossible not to notice.

What you don't get is Trump couldn't have ordered that peaceful protesters be violently removed from a public space for a fascistic photo op if it weren't for Dems in Congress voting for FISA 702 surveillance powers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

From the view we have, thats what it looks like.  The back of the cabin has clamshell barn doors to load stretchers.  Tail rotor drive shaft is really tall to gain that rear entry and to keep the tail rotor out of the entry/exit strike area.   Its the only thing in the Army inventory that remotely looks like that.  

Here is another angle.  You can see the split tail rotor stabilizers in this video.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/watch-helicopters-hover-low-over-protesters-in-washington-84223557542

And uh, holy shit.  This wasnt a single aircraft.  They showed footage of a UH-60 in this video as well, so this is an extended issue.  Heads are gonna roll.  

EDIT:  I assume you are being thrown by the red cross being closer to the middle of the aircraft.  Its painted onto the aft cabin doors, which slide open to the rear.  These guys are flying with the doors open.  

Another angle, pretty much a side shot so you can see the nose profile better.  Definitely a Lakota.  

spacer.png

I was solely referring to the pic you posted, which, wasn't a Lakota.  Afterwards I realized you were saying the MH-6 pic is the copter they should have used.

Carry on, fling-winger. 

3 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I was solely referring to the pic you posted, which, wasn't a Lakota.  Afterwards I realized you were saying the MH-6 pic is the copter they should have used.

Carry on, fling-winger. 

oh, I gotcha.  And the proper term is egg-beater.  

I was dismissive of the Lakota being used to prop wash a crowd, but that footage of a Blackhawk being used is a different animal.  That thing pushes some serious air. 

Fun story, I got to do a rotation in operation BAT, which was a joint agency/country drug interdiction op between the US Army, Coast Guard, DEA, and Bahamian DEU (their version of the DEA).  The Coast Guard operated a drag net across the Bahamas, mainly using a C-130 with SLAR that could track and categorize every boat in the water and most of the stuff flying in the air.  Any boats that fit a certain profile (multi-engine, low in the water, etc) would get tagged and they would send our UH-60s out to investigate.  We would have a DEA and DEU on board to do the official stuff.  This was pretty simple before GPS got pervasive.  Once the runners got GPS, the job got a lot harder.  Boats could navigate without having to use the islands, could make drops or refuel stops in the middle of random water, etc.  They could also operate a lot better in the dark.  This became a common tactic.  Run in the dark, and use big ass spotlights to try to blind our birds flying with NVGs.  One of our pilots got sick of that shit and decided to flare (IE drop like a rock over the top and then flare the rotors hard to climb back up, creating a ton of downforce) on top of a boat doing that and blew the entire crew out of the boat by doing so.  Coast guard had to clean all that up, tracking down a boat with no driver and pulling all those douchebags out of the water.  

Whats crazy is as strong as the rotor wash is on a UH-60, it still wasn't enough to stop the fucking mosquitoes down there.  

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

What authority exists for these guys to be dispatched to DC to guard the White House? I get that Barr is a lackey with no morals but if this is on the up and up, why are they hiding their affiliation? Serious Russian soldiers in Ukraine vibe

for real. maybe even serious russian soldiers in the united states vibe

16 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Oh, that's something that's going to get fixed if the Democrats win the Senate.  You can fucking bank on that.

Good, DC should be a state. They got fucked with covid funds and again with dictator Donald. Statehood is the first thing Bowser brings up in interviews 

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

“We will win this war on New York City” from their union.

Spanky: “just a few bad apples! What about Muslim terrorists?!”

Well, if they'd stop being combative to peaceful protesters, stop instigating riots with hostility, stop damaging property themselves to try to set up false flag type blame, and focus on the relatively small amount of actual destructive looters they'd have things a lot easier. 

11 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

This board was Russia Russia Russia virtually 24/7 for 3+ years.  I posted on that topic quite a bit, because I had my own take.  I posted pretty consistently as well about my thoughts of the intersecting surveillance system abuses in the political context.  Those posts were no doubt amplified by the amount of push back that I received from posters like you (and others) who told me everything was totally kosher and by the book.  So I argued my point of view, probably ad nauseum.  That POV has however largely proven to be correct, especially as it results to domestic surveillance and the use of politically motivated oppo research from garbage foreign source networks to support those actions.

This thread has been going on for, checks OP date, 7 days.  The post about surveillance for, checks time stamp, 4 hours. "Oh Anastasis you posted 10x more about that..."  Try to be less of a joke.  I have been a consistent critic of domestic surveillance and it's potential for abuse especially at the intersection of politics, the police state, the criminal justice system, the militarization of the police, etc., etc. etc. for nearly 2 decades on these boards. 

I have been posting about the potential abuses of the system for years. If you want to have a long and detailed discussion of the inappropriate surveillance in this case, I would be thrilled to engage.  There is a thread on privacy and surveillance in fact, I don't recall you posting on it much, but frankly i don't recall many of your posts as being particularly noteworthy in general, so I may have missed them.

Let's dissect the statutory basis, let's talk about the oversight, lets talk about what is being done along the way to ensure that procedures intended to protect Americans are being used. Fucking happy too.  Whatever it takes to bring you guys along on the topic.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

This board was Russia Russia Russia virtually 24/7 for 3+ years.  I posted on that topic quite a bit, because I had my own take.  I posted pretty consistently as well about my thoughts of the intersecting surveillance system abuses in the political context.  Those posts were no doubt amplified by the amount of push back that I received from posters like you (and others) who told me everything was totally kosher and by the book.  So I argued my point of view, probably ad nauseum.  That POV has however largely proven to be correct, especially as it results to domestic surveillance and the use of politically motivated oppo research from garbage foreign source networks to support those actions.

This thread has been going on for, checks OP date, 7 days.  The post about surveillance for, checks time stamp, 4 hours. "Oh Anastasis you posted 10x more about that..."  Try to be less of a joke.  I have been a consistent critic of domestic surveillance and it's potential for abuse especially at the intersection of politics, the police state, the criminal justice system, the militarization of the police, etc., etc. etc. for nearly 2 decades on these boards. 

I have been posting about the potential abuses of the system for years. If you want to have a long and detailed discussion of the inappropriate surveillance in this case, I would be thrilled to engage.  There is a thread on privacy and surveillance in fact, I don't recall you posting on it much, but frankly i don't recall many of your posts as being particularly noteworthy in general, so I may have missed them.

Let's dissect the statutory basis, let's talk about the oversight, lets talk about what is being done along the way to ensure that procedures intended to protect Americans are being used. Fucking happy too.  Whatever it takes to bring you guys along on the topic.  

The reply is fuck Trump,  It's always fuck Trump... (Russia Russia Russia ) (whispering subtley)......

BTW @Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand, since you are such a chronicler of my post counts, you no doubt know by now that I prefer reviewing primary source material rather than twats for my information consumption.  As such I will start by posting the DEA memo addressed to the DOJ: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6935297-LEOPOLD-DEA-Memo-George-Floyd-Protests.html.

I am opposed to covert surveillance of domestic political movements, categorically opposed in this context, and categorically opposed to deploying the DEA in this sort of domestic law enforcement capacity. More broadly, I would be extremely pleased to shutter the DEA, or subject it to such reform that you wouldn't recognize it when it came out the other side. 

Now maybe if I can get pushback from some of you guys who's perspective on such matters appear to blow with the winds, I can pad my post count by responding on the subject, and maybe after three or so years I will meet a threshold ratio that you find acceptable.  

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, gmr548 said:
1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:
Oh, that's something that's going to get fixed if the Democrats win the Senate.  You can fucking bank on that.

Hope so - Puerto Rico is even more criminally unrepresented.

I expect that might get taken care of, too.

I’m glad that  this is in the context of some webinar event or whatever and not a formal address to the nation that would be an implicit challenge to the transition of power 
But man, this guy: positive, inclusive, honest, conciliatory. This is the balm we need. We just need it from the President and we ain’t got one.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 1