Minneapolis is Burning

F250

3 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Yep,  you'd be surprised at some of the videos that don't gain national attention. I just now came across this one from back in 2018.

I just read the DA's review of this. It alleges that Mitchell had a gun between his legs that he was both trying to conceal and reach for.

It turned out to be an air rifle. Which really makes me doubt that he was reaching for it. 

Edited by Hookah Horns
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Oooooh, you’re a Brit?

giphy.gif

scared saturday night live GIF by HULU

Ha, yeah mum dad and I lived in Belgravia until I was 15 when we moved to Texas for dad's work. Now I'm 33 and a US citizen so I'm more American than Brit these days. Still have far too pasty skin for Texas sun and typical Brit dry humor. 

I think like me most privileged white Americans haven't realised just how institutional the racism is here until recently. When I was riding with my black co-worker last year and he got hassled by a dfw cop who kept asking every accusatory question imaginable while barely paying any attention to me was the first time I saw it for myself. The harassment and degradation even if they don't commit murder or assault is unacceptable. 

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

this just in, every president except the current one can read a speech. it's so weird to that it's remarkable

These were the same fucksticks who bitched about "president teleprompter," as though Obama was supposed to memorize word for word hour long speeches.  Meanwhile, their orange god stumbles through a five minute speech on a teleprompter with lots of errors read in monotone and they bow down to his brilliance.

Do you stand with the divisive, anti-American, gutless tub of goo who would make enemies of huge swaths of the American people, or do you stand with a man who dedicated his life to serving his country and took an oath to defend its Constitution?  And I'm talking about a guy who probably isn't as big a pussy as Dotard -- Mad Dog Mattis breaks his silence:

IN UNION THERE IS STRENGTH

I have watched this week’s unfolding events, angry and appalled. The words “Equal Justice Under Law” are carved in the pediment of the United States Supreme Court. This is precisely what protesters are rightly demanding. It is a wholesome and unifying demand—one that all of us should be able to get behind. We must not be distracted by a small number of lawbreakers. The protests are defined by tens of thousands of people of conscience who are insisting that we live up to our values—our values as people and our values as a nation.

When I joined the military, some 50 years ago, I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution. Never did I dream that troops taking that same oath would be ordered under any circumstance to violate the Constitutional rights of their fellow citizens—much less to provide a bizarre photo op for the elected commander-in-chief, with military leadership standing alongside.

We must reject any thinking of our cities as a “battlespace” that our uniformed military is called upon to “dominate.” At home, we should use our military only when requested to do so, on very rare occasions, by state governors. Militarizing our response, as we witnessed in Washington, D.C., sets up a conflict—a false conflict—between the military and civilian society. It erodes the moral ground that ensures a trusted bond between men and women in uniform and the society they are sworn to protect, and of which they themselves are a part. Keeping public order rests with civilian state and local leaders who best understand their communities and are answerable to them.

James Madison wrote in Federalist 14 that “America united with a handful of troops, or without a single soldier, exhibits a more forbidding posture to foreign ambition than America disunited, with a hundred thousand veterans ready for combat.” We do not need to militarize our response to protests. We need to unite around a common purpose. And it starts by guaranteeing that all of us are equal before the law.

Instructions given by the military departments to our troops before the Normandy invasion reminded soldiers that “The Nazi slogan for destroying us…was ‘Divide and Conquer.’ Our American answer is ‘In Union there is Strength.’” We must summon that unity to surmount this crisis—confident that we are better than our politics.

Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children.

We can come through this trying time stronger, and with a renewed sense of purpose and respect for one another. The pandemic has shown us that it is not only our troops who are willing to offer the ultimate sacrifice for the safety of the community. Americans in hospitals, grocery stores, post offices, and elsewhere have put their lives on the line in order to serve their fellow citizens and their country. We know that we are better than the abuse of executive authority that we witnessed in Lafayette Square. We must reject and hold accountable those in office who would make a mockery of our Constitution. At the same time, we must remember Lincoln’s “better angels,” and listen to them, as we work to unite.

Only by adopting a new path—which means, in truth, returning to the original path of our founding ideals—will we again be a country admired and respected at home and abroad.

It's over, Donald.  Get out of my house.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

I just read the DA's review of this. It alleges that Mitchell had a gun between his legs that he was both trying to conceal and reach for.

It turned out to be an air rifle. Which really makes me doubt that he was reaching for it. 

Not to derail too much but I was curious too and read the DA report.  I am not sure you really did read it.  They literally have a picture captured from the cop cam before the shooting that shows the air rifle between the guys legs.  I am not sure it matters if he reached for it or not.  If anyone, regardless of race, is sitting in a stolen car at night with a weapon between their legs and the cops come up, you will get shot if you do not tell the cops it is there.  

As for the Minn case, I am glad they have charged the cop with murder and glad they charged the other cops at the scene.  Maybe this will deter cops for covering for each other in the future.  

18 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

https://thinkprogress.org/gop-congressman-obama-wants-to-go-down-the-road-of-hitler-5acacbe42f4a/

In July, Barack Obama proposed a “civilian national security force,” an idea backed by President Bush and intended to expand AmeriCorps and other national service programs. But today in an interview with the AP, Rep. Paul Broun (R-GA) compared the idea to a Gestapo-like force:

“That’s exactly what Hitler did in Nazi Germany and it’s exactly what the Soviet Union did,” Broun said. “When he’s proposing to have a national security force that’s answering to him, that is as strong as the U.S. military, he’s showing me signs of being Marxist.”

“We can’t be lulled into complacency,” Broun said. “You have to remember that Adolf Hitler was elected in a democratic Germany. I’m not comparing him to Adolf Hitler. What I’m saying is there is the potential of going down that road.

12 years later, he is a Trump loving dipshit.

21 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

Not to derail too much but I was curious too and read the DA report.  I am not sure you really did read it.  They literally have a picture captured from the cop cam before the shooting that shows the air rifle between the guys legs.  I am not sure it matters if he reached for it or not.  If anyone, regardless of race, is sitting in a stolen car at night with a weapon between their legs and the cops come up, you will get shot if you do not tell the cops it is there.  

As for the Minn case, I am glad they have charged the cop with murder and glad they charged the other cops at the scene.  Maybe this will deter cops for covering for each other in the future.  

The fuck? Can you read? I said I doubted he reached for it, not that I doubted it was there. 

7 minutes ago, Ths71 said:

https://apple.news/ACaKa98EmSq2HN-saVX4J1w
I say we pepper spray anyone wearing a Hawaiian shirt. Worst that could happen is a bunch of pissed off Parrotheads but such is the price of freedom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nahh, all you gotta do is sing real loud "Why don't we get drunk!"....any one of 'em who chimes in with "AND SCREW!" gets a pass.  I believe in being thoughtful and deliberate in the use of force.

City of Philadelphia is encouraging protesters to get free COVID tests a week from now, and they only need to say they were exposed to someone with COVID. No need to mention the protests...good move, hope it catches on anyplace where the HCW have enough tests

Just now, Bartles said:

City of Philadelphia is encouraging protesters to get free COVID tests a week from now, and they only need to say they were exposed to someone with COVID. No need to mention the protests...good move, hope it catches on anyplace where the HCW have enough tests

Absolutely the right move.  I would go further in that anybody participating directly should isolate themselves from at-risk individuals until they have a negative test. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

TravCo GOP chair Matt Mackowiak, everyone!

last night, i saw without a doubt the dumbest thing i have seen all week. which is likely the dumbest thing i have seen all year, and therefore maybe ever. 

and then i see this. this is some next level onion shit. i don't know who that is but considering he appears real = i'll take a double torbush with cheese.

12 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

If by awesome you mean start a race war in the streets, I'll say hard pass. Because that is exactly what would happen.

Huh ? A race war is going to be started by rebel battle flags being burned,  but not American flags ?

2 hours ago, tchookem said:
2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:
TravCo GOP chair Matt Mackowiak, everyone!

He looks like someone that secretly hates himself for wanting to suck cock.

Well he's a "converted" homosexual so I think you're impression is spot on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:
10 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:
Huh ? A race war is going to be started by rebel battle flags being burned,  but not American flags ?

Have you seen your typical Trump supporter? Which flag is more prominent with their cause/love of Trump?

Oy vey.........

10 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:
15 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Have you seen your typical Trump supporter? Which flag is more prominent with their cause/love of Trump?

Disagree.  While it’s clear every white supremest (djt) supports him, the majority of his supporters  ain’t waving rebel flags.   Especially not openly. Now the racist would lose their shit and completely back trump into a corner and truly flesh out the scumbags.  The folks who are closet racist get stuck do they virtue signal for the slave states?  Would be awesome to watch them pretzel themselves into getting mad about that symbol of racism.   

Edited by Ted Lange