Minneapolis is Burning

F250

5 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

this is what should really scare the establishment. black people protest, i mean, whatever, they've been doing this for 60 years. problem is that now white people are starting to understand and sympathize, and, more importantly, act.

Students have always been ready to protest.  It's when adults start joining in that the establishment should really take notice, which they are in this instance.

Guest Lobo
12 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

The sticker is about STATES RIGHTS, not racism!   

"Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite ideas; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition."

-Alexander Stephens, Vice President of the Confederacy.

But by all means lets keep up monuments to these scumbags.

I think we should keep the monuments up.  Just as those statues were raised by Southern Racists to remind Blacks of their place in society...so to should we keep them up to remind Southern Whites of their place.  You lost, you're losing, and you are a second rate American.  Know your place Cletus, you're human garbage and we only let you stay here because we need people to laugh at on reality TV shows.  You think it's a fucking coincidence that the United States managed to reinvent vigorous economies in Japan, Germany, and most of Eastern Europe...while Alabama, Mississippi, and South Carolina continue to rot?  Keep telling your kids about "Heritage"...because that bedtime tale is all you have to keep you warm at night.  

46 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Anastasis out here cosplaying a Southern Congressman from the 1850s.

That's pretty funny, but I don't see how anyone can advocate for further concentration of power in the executive branch.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AbeFroman said:

I don’t know exactly why, but somehow that just makes it worse.  Damn Drew

I think Drew just found a QB friend.  
Jake Fromm talking about suppressors for guns “Just make them very expensive so only elite white people can get them”

28 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

good on brees to apologize for his idiotic remarks. Brees and others may interpret kneeling during the anthem as disrespecting the flag but he obviously never spoke to anyone kneeling to understand that wasn't their intent. Says a lot of the Saints locker room and that I doubt that everyone in there think of Brees as their leader. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/04/sport/drew-brees-apology-nfl-spt-intl/index.html

I mean, good on him, but...  is his attitude really changed?  Or did he come to realize that if he didn't backtrack fast, he may have just drummed himself out of the league?  At the very least damaged his ability to effectively lead a group of predominantly black men?

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

so to should we keep them up to remind Southern Whites of their place.  You lost, you're losing, and you are a second rate American.

You do understand there are plenty of us in the south that aren’t racists, right?  You’re from Chicago iirc?  Go fuck yourself with that second rate American bullshit. 

• Like 1

Guest Lobo
20 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

You do understand there are plenty of us in the south that aren’t racists, right?  You’re from Chicago iirc?  Go fuck yourself with that second rate American bullshit. 

Sorry meant souther white racists.  My bad

Where people are born is beyond irrelevant

i am from Austin Texas where I work every single week on improving the lives of people of color.  

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

That's pretty funny, but I don't see how anyone can advocate for further concentration of power in the executive branch.

Let me see if I can sum up your general position:

Advocating for it- bad

Defaulting to it - good

Do I have that right?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Sorry meant souther white racists.  My bad

Where people are born is beyond irrelevant

i am from Austin Texas where I work every single week on improving the lives of people of color.  

My bad then. I agree. Fuck the dregs of the south.  Carry on. 

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

The good thing about racists spouting their racism online is there's finally some consequences.

LMAO.  Disgusting, outlandish statements supporting loony-toon  conspiracy theories have NO place in  Republican Party!  Now lets go investigate Obamagate, Pizzagate, the Bidens and Joe Scarsborough!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Unitary Executive Theory added to a Congress ceding authority to the Executive Branch has been an utter disaster for this nation. 

Congress needs to do their job and reduce the power of the Presidency/Executive. The checks and balances are out of whack. 

Sorry, out of rep at the moment. 

11 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Let me see if I can sum up your general position:

Advocating for it- bad

Defaulting to it - good

Do I have that right?

No.  But I am sure that you will tell me more about my general position Mr. Status Quo. 

6 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

More on the pepper sprayed to death inmate story:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/inmate-dies-pepper-sprayed-cell-71063740

Jesus christ from the article:

“He became increasingly disruptive and potentially harmful to himself and others,” the agency said in a statement. “Pepper spray was deployed and Floyd was removed from his cell.”

He was "potentially harmful to himself", so they took it upon themselves to finish the job. Sure would be fucking ominous if BOP officers started policing protests without nametags and unit identification....

Edited by Captainant
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Sorry for multiple posts. Lunch breaks getting a bit too depressing.  Another "I can't breathe" victim.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/manuel-ellis-death-black-man-tacoma-police-custody-ruled-homicide-i-cant-breathe/

Motion to change title of this thread to "NWA was right"

To serve, protect and break a n*$%&s neck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

Was he really safe there in 1980??

Kilmeade apparently hasn't made it to the end of the Lennon biography he's reading.  The last 50 pages are going to be quite a surprise for him. 

Also, you know things have reached a tipping point  when Black Lives Matter makes it to Fort Stockton, Texas.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Because if the choice is increased federal control over police forces or what you see right now, I'm taking increased federal control over police forces.

12 minutes ago, Captainant said:

He was "potentially harmful to himself", so they took it upon themselves to finish the job.

"Your honor, we thought he might hurt himself, so we killed him to prevent that "

"Acquitted!  Let's go play golf."

Clicked on one of the above twats, saw that Vidor Texas was "trending," and out of curiosity clicked to see what was up, knowing that town's reputation.

And then, I see that it's about this:

Now, I'm of two minds about this post: a) ItsaTrap!Ackbar.gif or b) ItsaHoax!Trump.gif

I personally believe, it's more than likely the latter. The reason I point this out is that this twitter shit can be fucking toxic. Lot's of disinformation is being pushed out there by bad actors with all kinds of agendas. I'll be cross posting this over in the Daily Texan thread too as a reminder that everyone of us from ALL SIDES need to take care and do our due diligence before posting shit if we want to keep this entire site from tearing itself apart.

Take, for example, yet another example that Project Veritas is a shit organization and no one should ever take anything they say seriously. I know, "water is wet."

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Because if the choice is increased federal control over police forces or what you see right now, I'm taking increased federal control over police forces.

False dilemma. From federal perspective, I'd start by significantly decreasing federal funding of local police forces, ceasing all DOD transfers of hardware and training, and significantly reforming the federal law enforcement agencies (FBI and DEA primarily I think). The trend towards arming these domestic forces with the implements of war originates largely at the federal level. To the extent that federal grants are used to support local law enforcement it should be focused on supporting reform. I don't want consolidation of control of local police to DC.  God, imagine what that would look like right now.  

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Black people ?  The vast majority protesting in our city have been white, student, types.  It's been like 80-20 which basically represents the demographic make up.

I’m sure that the racial makeup of the protesters, as well as the race issues at the subject of the protests, have *nothing* to do with the President’s actions or attitude. It’s not like we have any comparable protests from almost exclusively white people in the last six weeks or so

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

False dilemma. From federal perspective, I'd start by significantly decreasing federal funding of local police forces, ceasing all DOD transfers of hardware and training, and significantly reforming the federal law enforcement agencies (FBI and DEA primarily I think). The trend towards arming these domestic forces with the implements of war originates largely at the federal level. To the extent that federal grants are used to support local law enforcement it should be focused on supporting reform. I don't want consolidation of control of local police to DC.  God, imagine what that would look like right now.  

Amen. 

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

False dilemma. From federal perspective, I'd start by significantly decreasing federal funding of local police forces, ceasing all DOD transfers of hardware and training, and significantly reforming the federal law enforcement agencies (FBI and DEA primarily I think).

Did you even read my post?

The trend towards arming these domestic forces with the implements of war originates largely at the federal level.

Did you read my post?

To the extent that federal grants are used to support local law enforcement it should be focused on supporting reform. I don't want consolidation of control of local police to DC.  God, imagine what that would look like right now.  

Who are you responding to?

How many times did I put "to receive federal funding"?

What planet am I on?

Libertarianism causes permanent mental retardation.

10 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Did you even read my post?

Yeah, I mean I think that we largely agree at high level as I suggested earlier, with the exception that I don't want to consolidate reform and increased control under the federal executive branch.  The involvement of the federal government is largely responsible for the militarization and much of the related wrongheaded sense of place and purpose that we see out our domestic law enforcement. My immediate reaction at this time is not, "Man, what we need is increasing federal control".  My immediate reaction is individual communities need to drive the reforms, and the federal government should focus on reforming federal law enforcement.   

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:
My immediate reaction is individual communities need to drive the reforms, and the federal government should focus on reforming federal law enforcement.   

Who do you think you're arguing against?

Imagine a group of doctors having a meeting about how to proceed with a woman dying of cancer. Then one walks in, half-listens, and says, "Uh... chemo is really bad for people so... like, I'd rather her just like... be healthier. Have you guys even thought of that?"

Yeah, dude, we ALL wish local police didn't love killing black people.

But that's not what's happening.