Minneapolis is Burning

F250

30 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

America is on fire and under attack by antifa which is the same evil of the 1960s that, egad!, thought Vietnam and preventing black people from voting was bad! Er, I mean they hated America and were reds!

This isn't an opinion. It's a lie. Any news outlet that does not identify such statements as lies whether they come from this clown or the president is full of shit themselves. There are not "misstatements." This is not "spin." This is brazen dishonesty and needs to be identified as such before all notion of truth is swept away in the whirlwind of our own creation.

Certain entities are pretty clearly identifying themselves as willing and often anxious to undermine the republic in the name of partisan/criminal associations or pure hateful partisanship. I will never urge leniency when the dark days come.

I increasingly see real enemies as the lines are more clearly drawn. Enemies entitle themselves to very little consideration just as they show very little consideration for that against which they align. 

Help me understand.

When the protests, looting, rioting, throwing of Molotov cocktails/projectiles, etc. started, the claim was that peaceful protests don’t work. You need destruction to make your point when the system continuously fails you. That’s why windows are being broken, cars are being set on fire and Target and shoe stores need to be looted.

Now the claim is that these same people are operating coordinated attacks from out of town, they don’t represent protestors, are right wing operatives, George Soros is paying them, etc.

These are two vastly different claims. Which is it? Personally, I think it’s a mix of both groups. However, the narrative today doesn’t support my opinion. I don’t understand why we can’t question things lest we be called a racist/idiot for not getting on the bandwagon with full support. I do want to be part of the change because there IS a problem. However, I don’t know why cops can’t do crowd control when bottles are Molotov cocktails are being hurled at them. Do they not have a right to protect/defend themselves as humans/citizens? I completely stipulate that non-essential violence and abuse of power should not be tolerated. Shooting rubber bullets into crowds of people is completely unacceptable and this tactic should never have been implemented.

Edited by Spankytoes

They need to be taken into custody for assault and battery.

This. The only question to be asked is “if a regular citizen committed the same act in view of law enforcement, would they have been arrested?” If the answer is “yes,” then you arrest the cops too.

That’s literally one of the main points of this whole fucking thing. There are not two sets of laws, one for us and one for them. There is one set of laws. Period. And if to doesn’t apply to them...then it doesn’t exist at all. That’s how the rule of law dies.

They’ve lost any voice in how these changes are going to happen. They need to sit the fuck down, shut the fuck up, and accept however we tell them it’s gonna be...or they can gtfo.
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Spankytoes is the futureman of Iconoclast Texans.

And this is exactly why change will never happen in this country. I asked reasonable questions, admitted where deficiencies are and the conversation shuts down because people are content to have herd mentality. Maybe if we listened more we can avoid these incidents and prevent them from happening. I’m not sure “fuck the police” is effective in starting the dialogue.

But, please, by all means, continue with the attacks behind a keyboard. Maybe it will save lives and end racism. It’s ironic that the protestors want change, and have ideas to bring to the table, but a person such as yourself isn’t willing to have a 2-way discussion about doing just that. All or nothing is not going to work here. Same way it doesn’t work when we have school shootings and debate gun control. Our society is indoctrinated and entitled.

Edited by Spankytoes
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

And this is exactly why change will never happen in this country. I asked reasonable questions, admitted where deficiencies are and the conversation shuts down because people are content to have herd mentality. Maybe if we listened more we can avoid these incidents and prevent them from happening. I’m not sure “fuck the police” is effective in starting the dialogue.

But, please, by all means, continue with the attacks behind a keyboard. Maybe it will save lives and end racism.

yourhungoverfatherinlaw.gif

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

But, please, by all means, continue with the attacks behind a keyboard. Maybe it will save lives and end racism. It’s ironic that the protestors want change, and have ideas to bring to the table, but a person such as yourself isn’t willing to have a 2-way discussion about doing just that. All or nothing is not going to work here. Same way it doesn’t work when we have school shootings and debate gun control.

The “law and order” segment of society surrendered its voice. It did so over the past decades when it...wait for it....didn’t actually give a fuck about law and order (as applied to the police).

So, the handwringing just rings so fucking hollow. Nope. If law and order is so important, than you should have fucking fought for it over the past decades. Instead, you looked the other way, and let lawlessness prevail. That’s how a society loses all legitimacy. It’s stupid. Society shouldn’t have done that. Plenty of people said “hey society, don’t do that - do the right thing.” Society has repeatedly told all of those voices to fuck off. Oh well.
  • Like 2

There's something happening here
What it is ain't exactly clear
There's a man with a gun over there
Telling me I got to beware
I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Young people speaking their minds
Getting so much resistance from behind
It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound

What a field-day for the heat
A thousand people in the street
Singing songs and carrying signs
Mostly say, hooray for our side
It's s time we stop, hey, what's that sound
  • Like 5

Until the philosophy 
Which hold one race superior and another
Inferior
Is finally
And permanently
Discredited
And abandoned
Everywhere is war
Me say war

That until there no longer
First class and second class citizens of any nation
Until the color of a man's skin
Is of no more significance than the color of his eyes
Me say war

That until the basic human rights
Are equally guaranteed to all
Without regard to race
Dis a war

That until that day
The dream of lasting peace,
World citizenship
Rule of international morality
Will remain in but a fleeting illusion to be pursued,
But never attained
Now everywhere is war
War
  • Like 4

They claim that I'm violent
Just cause I refuse to be silent
These hypocrites are havin' fits
’Cause I'm not buyin' it, defyin' it
Envious because I will rebel against
Any oppressor - and this is known as self defense
I show no mercy, they claim that I'm the lunatic
But when the shit gets thick, I'm the one you go and get
Don't look confused, the truth is so plain to see
’Cause I'm the nigga that you sell-outs are ashamed to be
In every jeep and every car, brothers stomp this
I'm Never Ignorant, Getting Goals Accomplished
The Underground Railroad on an uprise
This time the truth's gettin' told, heard enough lies
I told 'em fight back, attack on society
If this is violence, then violent's what I gotta be
If you investigate you'll find out where it's comin' from
Look through our history, America's the violent one
Unlock my brain, break the chains of your misery
This time the payback for evil shit you did to me
They call me militant, racist, cause I will resist
You wanna censor somethin', motherfucker censor this!
My words are weapons and I'm steppin' to the silent
Wakin' up the masses, but you, claim that I'm violent

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Wright (former CIA) is a guy who was convinced Bernie would win the nomination, drew up a narrative he promoted on how to beat Bernie Sanders, and decided to pull out that dystopian narrative while we have a pandemic, critical economic crisis, and a horrific murder that has raised critically neglected issues. 

I wouldn't trust B-Actor "experts"  like this on such critical issues. They often have agendas. They shouldn't be called experts.

This nation is being scripted by douchebags like Bryan Dean Wright. 

Mr. Brian Deen Right,

Why three names? Seems a bit prissy for a guy sparking a race war.

You sound like a fascist. Why?

Sincerely,

Wash Park Horn

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

This. The only question to be asked is “if a regular citizen committed the same act in view of law enforcement, would they have been arrested?” If the answer is “yes,” then you arrest the cops too.

That’s literally one of the main points of this whole fucking thing. There are not two sets of laws, one for us and one for them. There is one set of laws. Period. And if to doesn’t apply to them...then it doesn’t exist at all. That’s how the rule of law dies.

They’ve lost any voice in how these changes are going to happen. They need to sit the fuck down, shut the fuck up, and accept however we tell them it’s gonna be...or they can gtfo.

You’re an attorney. How do we implement this? There can’t be a federal mandate because the federal government doesn’t have that power. The States can implement for troopers, but not city police. Both State and city police have to deal with unions. For unions, there’s the PBA, SBA, FOP, COBA, etc. Further, there are Locals of each union with their own constitution and bylaws. There are also individually negotiated CBAs. How do we get through all this red tape while maintaining Federal/State rights and not busting up police unions, which will never happen? How do we maintain a uniform discipline action against grievances?

I get that police are supposed to be here to protect us and there is an element of common sense in all this regarding tactics used and abuse of power. But how do we go about enforcing it to ensure these incidents stop? Where are our checks and balances? How do things change without simply flipping a switch?

Remember, I’m an idiot, so don’t use too many big words.

Edited by Spankytoes

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

but there's two sets of laws--one for the rich and one for everybody else. Police and Anglos straddle the line.  

1 hour ago, Spankytoes said:

Help me understand.

When the protests, looting, rioting, throwing of Molotov cocktails/projectiles, etc. started, the claim was that peaceful protests don’t work. You need destruction to make your point when the system continuously fails you. That’s why windows are being broken, cars are being set on fire and Target and shoe stores need to be looted.

Now the claim is that these same people are operating coordinated attacks from out of town, they don’t represent protestors, are right wing operatives, George Soros is paying them, etc.

These are two vastly different claims. Which is it? Personally, I think it’s a mix of both groups. However, the narrative today doesn’t support my opinion. I don’t understand why we can’t question things lest we be called a racist/idiot for not getting on the bandwagon with full support. I do want to be part of the change because there IS a problem. However, I don’t know why cops can’t do crowd control when bottles are Molotov cocktails are being hurled at them. Do they not have a right to protect/defend themselves as humans/citizens? I completely stipulate that non-essential violence and abuse of power should not be tolerated. Shooting rubber bullets into crowds of people is completely unacceptable and this tactic should never have been implemented.

Peaceful protests and yes sir, no sir and they'll get to it when they get around to it in a few hundred years.  Wanna know how quick the police were charged?  When shit started getting broken.   Blacks are already dying, I could care less about shit getting broken. Ordinarily if you didn't like the reaction, I'd say vote to fix it.  But they've fixed it so that voting doesn't matter too.  So f'k em.      

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spankytoes said:

Help me understand.

Violence is not my preference. The protests are working. Cities are rushing to abolish police holds, like the one that killed this man. That's great. That was a horrible murder. 

The protests have turned violent for a variety of reasons - including infiltrators and those posing as someone they are not. 

Whatever the spark, I have to say the violence in meeting these protestors and those who mean to wreck havoc has been extraordinarily rough. That has been fueling these continuous protests. 

Edited by washparkhorn

2 hours ago, TexArcher said:

God damn.  Cops are beating people at the protests about cops beating and killing people.  And cop supporters will get in a little girl's face about it.  Fuck this place, man.  We have lost our way.

This is so incredibly sad to watch. A pandemic with no end in sight and a populace that is fed up with black men being killed by the police for no reason. The response from the police is not unexpected, but this is not the America I grew up believing in. Protesters should be able to have their voice heard without getting gassed or beaten. This is some 3rd world awfulness going on. We are in some real deep shit and we don't have a way out of this anytime soon. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I’m kind of vibing with the whole God thing right now because it would be really awesome to think there was some high power that gave a shit right about now.

I have a pretty strong belief in God, but I will preface what I say that if you do not share that same faith that it is okay. I can say this with some confidence. When enough self-professed Christians turn away from God by their own actions this is what you get. You can look through the Old Testament to see time after time when the Jews turned from God what happened. It was never good.

We, as a nation, turned our backs on those who needed help. We turned our backs on immigrants and the poor. We stopped showing love to those who need it most. These are the basic tenets of being a Christian. Not all of us do this, but enough do that it is embarrassing and dispiriting to see how we still treat immigrants despite all the positive contributions they make to our society. Thanks to that treatment of our fellow human beings we got this moron as a leader and also due to the actions of hatred, bigotry and about a 100 other things the Evangelicals do that is garbage while still maintaining to be a Christian. It's going to take awhile to clean this mess up. You don't even have to be religious to just be a good human being. I mean my God just treat everyone with dignity and respect instead of looking at someone as being less of a human being than you because their skin is darker. I almost hope Jesus decides to make his return while I am still alive just to see the look on the faces of millions of white people who are going to be shocked to see his skin color.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Like 9

This is motherfucking insane what is going on.  Don’t anyone ever use that few bad apples argument.  The entire country’s police forces are pieces of shit. To the fucking core. #policebrutalitypandemic

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

The Virginia aristocrat accent makes me want to kick a baby.

That's Eastern Shore redneck.

5 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

That's not Tidewater aristocrat -- he's from the Eastern Shore / Chesapeake Islands. Very old and weird lingo

Yep, old English.  Try talking with a native from Cape Hatteras NC.  or an old timer from Guinea, or Poquoson, Va.  

Tangier is a weird, wild place. Have a bud with his pilots license, we used to fly there for lunch at a place called Miss Crocketts every once in a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

Ex-con goes down to the protest to threaten or hurt the protesters with a knife and bow & arrows. They respond with flipping and burning his car. And he ultimately gets arrested and most likely will spend a great deal of time in prison again. I don’t think that plan worked out well for him.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

That's fucked up. He snapped. This ain't LA Confidential. 

And they go bye bye. 

I go away for a couple of hours and new fresh hell awaits. Wailing on people with a baton. Kid in Dallas got shot in the face with a rubber bullet. That's not really what they are though is it? 

Perhaps I should go inquire at the gun thread. The one round I saw that someone recovered was a sort of woven bag with fine shot. A little smaller than dove grade.

The kid lost his left eye, 7 teeth and got a steel plate to hold his face together.

All the money that is going to get paid for all this ought to come out of their distressed pension fund. Buffalo, LA, and Dallas. KC. I don't think every time they took a knee it was a cynical PR stunt. There are departments and towns where the protesters are allowed their say. Maybe just up the road they get fucked over. 

I think my favorite cut of the day was the guy hollering at the National Guard types to tighten up. 

Close the gap!

They don't want to fucking be there. He could see it. Asleep on their feet. He woke their asses up. 

@staboner

still hurtling through space on this rock

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Good cops here.  Locals didn't burn the city down.  It's like those two things are connected or something.

This is nice, but the day before the Buffalo PD nearly killed an old man they were kneeling with protesters. The empty signs of support are meaningless. I’ll start believing they’re genuine when cops begin supporting actual legislation that could affect their pay and power.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

And reddit starts my day with this:  "LAPD shoots “less than lethal” rounds directly at an unarmed homeless man who was not protesting."

Spoiler-ing the pic.

Reveal hidden contents

dt0mybnnr1351.jpg

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2831883253587789&id=371206579655481

A homeless man in a wheelchair who happened to simply exist gets shot in the eye by heroes.  TERRORIST!  If the homeless man in the wheelchair doesn't like it maybe next time he'll stop not being able to walk and go home to the residence he doesn't have.  

11 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Spanky, it's not my job to study a shaky premise and presentation of the situation and then explain it to the mind whence it emerges.

I don't know why you quote my post and then ask me to explain something tangential to it.

I will offer the opinion that you're determined to bend the "narrative" (jeez, that's a tired way for ideologues to project group thought onto someone else. It's not always a narrative. Most often what is labeled a narrative is an unpleasant reality that one refuses to face.) into some strange version to fit your desire to believe you are wise.

Solipsistic? Onanistic? I'm not a doctor or philosopher. I do sense disingenuous intent that I don't associate with your past posting.

Outside of his travel threads he's the biggest troll on this board and he always has been. I don't know why you guys let him draw you out all the time. 

• Like 6