Minneapolis is Burning

F250

1 hour ago, Gap03 said:

Sure, but as Bruh Man rightfully points, white folks haven't cornered the market on racism.  Regardless of whether he's calling folks n------s or pendejos, that's a racist piece of shit that has fully bought into the Fox News fear tactics.

So why does the tweet say “racist white man”?

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

She deserves some sort of trophy for all the shit she has to put up with from that asshole. 

She is a damn good reporter. One of the best to follow on social media. And I agree. They way she has been treated is ridiculous. 

Wait.....are you mad at the dude taunting the cops with the imperial death march?  Because, umm, mocking satire is one of the oldest forms of protest there is.  It's like those guys who follow the white supremacists around playing embarrassing tuba music.  It's a perfectly legit form of protest.

Exactly. As much as I’d love to see stormtroopers getting their skulls caved in, I wouldn’t expect it to end well for the musician if he tried to do it. You have to use the weapons at your disposal.

49 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

According to the United States government, the man is white. So maybe the Tweeter was striving for accuracy in reporting?

My wife is Mexican. She likes to say she's considered white by Americans until it's time to get a job, a loan, or out of a ticket. 

• Like 9

Modern society is too binary.  I suspect Brees had no idea what a dumb, insensitive thing he was saying.  I think that's a classic symptom of white privilege -- he probably imagines his second-hand knowledge of the black experience is informed.  He's down.  He gets it.

Well, he doesn't get it.  And most of us probably don't.  I think he could have handled the apology a bit better, but ultimately, I don't think he's a bigot at heart.  He's ignorant.  Most of us white Americans are.  It won't get fixed overnight.

The hard need for some to equate all expressions of bigotry is tiresome.  Drew Brees is not Donald Trump is not Derek Chauvin.  Different people, different crimes.  I wish Drew had spent a little more time listening to black community leaders before issuing his apologies, because something akin to "man, I didn't know.  I just didn't know.  I thought I understood, but because of my stupid statement, I've had the chance to have meaningful conversations with all kinds of people who have made it clear just exactly how blind to the issue I have been.  I will do better and I will help."

He kinda said that very last part, but he has a ways to go.  So do I.  So do most of my white friends.  Painting everyone with the same broad brush of malicious intent is wrong, though.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Has he shot anyone?  If not, and he's just "following orders" without harming anyone I got no problem with that.

If he is given an order to kill a protestor maybe he will back off and remember his oath.  Until that moment I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm as anti-dotard as anyone, but this... naaah, doesn't mean shit today compared to the real bad stuff going on.

36 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Modern society is too binary.  I suspect Brees had no idea what a dumb, insensitive thing he was saying.  I think that's a classic symptom of white privilege -- he probably imagines his second-hand knowledge of the black experience is informed.  He's down.  He gets it.

Well, he doesn't get it.  And most of us probably don't.  I think he could have handled the apology a bit better, but ultimately, I don't think he's a bigot at heart.  He's ignorant.  Most of us white Americans are.  It won't get fixed overnight.

The hard need for some to equate all expressions of bigotry is tiresome.  Drew Brees is not Donald Trump is not Derek Chauvin.  Different people, different crimes.  I wish Drew had spent a little more time listening to black community leaders before issuing his apologies, because something akin to "man, I didn't know.  I just didn't know.  I thought I understood, but because of my stupid statement, I've had the chance to have meaningful conversations with all kinds of people who have made it clear just exactly how blind to the issue I have been.  I will do better and I will help."

He kinda said that very last part, but he has a ways to go.  So do I.  So do most of my white friends.  Painting everyone with the same broad brush of malicious intent is wrong, though.

thanks. good point and yes waaay to fucking binary. gotta be some change from the way we communicate online with less depth and compassion. 

Brees is out of touch. call him rich, call him white, call him famous, call him spoiled - I think the word "stupid" comes to mind for me, but yeah he isn't on the same field as some others in the current narrative. but he is definitely part of the problem too. and you are right - he should have just shut up and listened. lots of us need to be doing that. saying that...

white famous rich people - you are handicapped is so many ways and for the life of you likely (and sadly) can't connect what is happening now. at some level i have sympathy for you but if you show your ass online then good luck stupid bastards. thats on you for just being dumb i'm afraid

• Like 2

lol "Has he shot anyone?"
What is he going to shoot with that, a fucking APC from 1000 yards away?
A "counter sniper"? Doesn't there have to be another sniper for there to be something to counter?
War is peace.

Actually, it’s really tactically sound and something any significant protection detail ANYWHERE does. It is done in anticipation of a possible sniper. Which with respect to many heads of state, is a material risk.

I don’t have a problem with this sort of thing. And understand, I hate this SOB and his militarization bullshit. But the secret service cannot and should not be armed with baseball bats.

If this guy uses that weapon against peaceful protesters, he should hang.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Got him

What would possess someone to go after kids on a bike trail, just ride your bike. 

I’m telling you that guy has got some pedo in him.  Better keep that fucker locked up. 

12 minutes ago, DigDug said:

What would possess someone to go after kids on a bike trail,

300 years of ingrained entitlement has SERIOUSLY fucked with a lot of people's heads.  I mean, look how many people utterly lost their fucking minds when we upset the status quo by [checks notes] electing a black guy president.  That event broke the brains of tens of millions of people.  Completely broke them.  They are gone, nutso, and they are never coming back to sanity land.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pancho said:

Daniel Peña, McAllen 

They found his business, he's getting lots of 5 star reviews from the racists of Amerikkka. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=delta+sign+supply&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS893US893&oq=delta+sign+supply&aqs=chrome..69i57.3447j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#lrd=0x866599518ea754c5:0xd0ac869b83636534,1,,,

50 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

300 years of ingrained entitlement has SERIOUSLY fucked with a lot of people's heads.  I mean, look how many people utterly lost their fucking minds when we upset the status quo by [checks notes] electing a black guy president.  That event broke the brains of tens of millions of people.  Completely broke them.  They are gone, nutso, and they are never coming back to sanity land.

“The south didn’t fight the civil war for slavery. It was simply about state rights and the war of northern aggression.”

“Robert E Lee hated slavery, even though he owned slaves and failed to free slaves he was legally obligated to, broke up their families and allowed his forces to enslave free blacks captured in the north and only favored no more revolution after he got his ass kicked but he deserves a monument in the town square anyway. “

“White trash are worse than blacks, so I’m not racist.”

- white trump supporters.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, immortal13 said:

he looks and sounds Hispanic to me

5 hours ago, immortal13 said:

always my brother. But whatever race that guy is, fuck him. I was hoping someone was going to come up from behind and knock him the fuck out. I haz disappoint

3 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

So why does the tweet say “racist white man”?

Most hispanics are white (Sociology 101).

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Told y’all he’d go after Floyd soon. No bottom. 

Glenn Beck screams integrity among other things. 

Trump proxies attacking Floyd while Trump dares to speak for Floyd = Peak Trump, which is to say evil beyond measure.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

“The south didn’t fight the civil war for slavery. It was simply about state rights and the war of northern aggression.”

“Robert E Lee hated slavery, even though he owned slaves and failed to free slaves he was legally obligated to, broke up their families and allowed his forces to enslave free blacks captured in the north and only favored no more revolution after he got his ass kicked but he deserves a monument in the town square anyway. “

“White trash are worse than blacks, so I’m not racist.”

- white trump supporters.

You lost the guy who negged you on that last quote.  Damn shame.  

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

You lost the guy who negged you on that last quote.  Damn shame.  

That guy is a troll named tjhooker who ain’t from America and is likely being paid to spam this board with trump supporter bullshit. I once told him to take his ball and go home and he had no idea what that phrase meant. After being called on it he disappeared for awhile but now he’s back with a more fortified rep troll and sock handle.

We should be honored that the trolls care about us so much.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Glenn Beck screams integrity among other things. 

Trump proxies attacking Floyd while Trump dares to speak for Floyd = Peak Trump, which is to say evil beyond measure.

glenn beck is insane, same for anyone that listens to that nut 

• Like 1