Minneapolis is Burning

F250

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

The NYPD is scared of a rubber bike tube and a tire lever. 

It's just a bunch of different angles of the same stuff to make it look like there's more.  All of that would fit into one bucket.  And it looks like you arrested an off-duty construction worker and maybe a plumber.  But go ahead and make it sound like you prevented another 9/11, you fucking hack.

• Like 1

Guest Lobo
8 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Way to go NYPD, you seized a bike tire inner-tube.  Every friend and relative I have in NYC bikes around with one of those in their backpack.  And my lord, somebody was caught with gloves during a pandemic outbreak?  The horror!  And a flashlight!  At night?  In New York City?  AHHH.  And I guess since I can't tell that shitty little blue plastic thing is, it must be some sort of chemical weapon used by brown people.  Obviously.  

A half-ass competent police chief would just take a photo of the lighter fluid and the sledgehammer and try to spin that.  But this looks like some kinda shitty version of an Orvis catalog and he looks even dumber than usual.  I almost miss when the police tried to cover up their shortcomings instead of proudly displaying it as competence and bravado.  

Edited by Lobo

7 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

It's just a bunch of different angles of the same stuff to make it look like there's more.  All of that would fit into one bucket.  And it looks like you arrested an off-duty construction worker and maybe a plumber.  But go ahead and make it sound like you prevented another 9/11, you fucking hack.

In working class BX, no less. What a maroon.

Edited by TheStoicPaisano
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

It sure would be nice to have a President that strove to unite people right about now, wouldn’t it?

Who could have foreseen a guy who incites violence at his rallies and offers legal aid for those who follow through being so deliberately divisive?

Edited by Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand

Those photos of the "riot tools" is a lot like that roundly-mocked photo of a SWAT team proudly posing in front of their haul from some "big bust" that included $77, a bag of stems, and a handful of pathetic looking nickel bags. 

Also, the Black Panther woman seen in Atlanta yesterday is stunning to the point of distraction. 

20200606_104639.jpg

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Like 4

Good. Perhaps regular folks will take it upon themselves to defend their homes and businesses from looters and such. That's how it should be anyway.

ETA

Not many Libertarians on this board, but the police brutality and post-rally riot topic is a big one for us. Lotsa common cause here.

17 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Who could have foreseen a guy who incites violence at his rallies and offers legal aid for those who follow through being so deliberately divisive?

When your sole motive for voting for a piece of human shit is “to own the Libs” and your country ends up a burning heap of ruin.

oh well.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Wait until they discover the double barrel slingshots the womens are smuggling.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Those photos of the "riot tools" is a lot like that roundly-mocked photo of a SWAT team proudly posing in front of their haul from some "big bust" that included $77, a bag of stems, and a handful of pathetic looking nickel bags. 

Also, the Black Panther woman seen in Atlanta yesterday is stunning to the point of distraction. 

20200606_104639.jpg

If I were making a movie about dystopian race riots and needed a female lead, damn if she ain't it.

• Like 1

Today is going to be a better day.[/url]    

There’s a ray of sunshine there. As a nation, we have shit on our allies, disparaged them, alienated them, and abandoned them. But our allies know us better than maybe we know ourselves. They know that we the people CAN be better. And we need help. Our allies - the people of Australia, Germany, Denmark, the U.K...they have not abandoned us. When this is all said and done...IF we come out on the other side, we need to remember this. Our allies are there for us in one of our darkest hours.

Here’s the simple message the cops are sending. Please hear it loud and clear: they “protect” us the way that they see fit. If we dare question that, then they withdraw their protection. Thus, an express CONDITION of their agreement to “protect and serve” is that they be able to do so without oversight, challenge, or accountability. PS...this is how cops think. All of them. That’s a shitty agreement. We should dissolve it. When the Philly contract is up for renewal, a condition should be that every cop who threatened to walk off can no longer be employed by Philly, because he is demonstrably unreliable.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Damn, this sucks.

Poor kid :(

I also want to say "poor cop" because this sucks for him, but he makes the choice to wear gang colors and run with a gang, so I can't really cry too hard for him.

Neither one should have engaged a child in their discussion.  Don’t call him up, and then don’t engage him in any sort of questioning.  Just wrong and sad by both guys. 

• Like 1

That's a beautiful protest.  On message, good signage, nearly everybody wearing masks.  And the extremely, extremely white in a very rural part of the state.  Goes against almost all the stereotypes Trumpers have about these protests.  I bet at least half the people in that protest voted for him.  But there they are, in one of the most non-black places you can find in the Lower 48, speaking up about their country failing to provide justice and accountability to some of their fellow citizens.  
But let me dispel with the hollow rhetoric and post what I came to post:
About the 0:11 mark.  Yoga pants, bright pink sneakers, rude ass titties.  Shit like that is gonna bring this country together.  

Add Alpine and McKinney to the list. I’m sure there are others missed. Kinda surprised at the turnout at some of the D/FW ‘Burbs.
Floyd protests:
1 Locations
1.1 Abilene
1.2 Amarillo
1.3 Arlington
1.4 Austin
1.5 Corpus Christi
1.6 Dallas
1.7 Denton
1.8 El Paso
1.9 Fort Worth
1.10 Frisco
1.11 Houston
1.12 Laredo
1.13 Lewisville
1.14 Lubbock
1.15 Lufkin
1.16 Odessa
1.17 Plano
1.18 Round Rock
1.19 San Angelo
1.20 San Antonio
1.21 Texarkana

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pretty sure we’re going to Huston Tillotson to listen to and support the Austin Justice Coalition, then march to the Capitol. I was wavering, but last night my daughter explained that her friends would like to go with us, and if we don’t publicly speak out and support, we’ll “take our silence to our graves.”

So, going to chill some water and Gatorade, put on good shoes, and show the fuck up. Because ultimately, silence is complicity.

Yes, we have done more and will do more (both personally and financially), but every voice matters now. A million voices matter, but a million and one is just a bit louder. As is a million and two.

This ain’t our fight. We are privileged, and for most appearances, white (the last name still creates some shit now and then, though). But if our brothers and sisters are in peril, isn’t that our fight? If the system that is supposed to serve and protect us all breaks its covenant, that’s our fight. So there we are. Maybe we’ll see some of y’all out there. Wherever you are, do your thing. Silence is not an option.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

They are only resigning from the response team, not the police force

They resigned from the response team because the union notified them that their insurance/funds would no longer be available to defend the response team members. 

Essentially they quit the response team because they realized they can no longer crack skulls with impunity as members of that squad. Hardly a better reason. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

No one's out here yet. I'll check back in a couple hours. Brought the kiddo along with...

20200606-115059.jpg

In case you can't read my shit for handwriting it reads "Just got my haircut... Where did the 'Patriots' go? Silence kills. BLM."

By all means and bask in scared white people glory!

That kid's gonna get second degree burns on his scalp in that sun...

Look at this fucking dork. Just fucking look at him. My god, what a weak, scared looking little bitch.
That's less surprising than it should be, even though it's still pretty jarringly awful. If they're coming out and saying stuff like this, something's working, though.

That's less surprising than it should be, even though it's still pretty jarringly awful. If they're coming out and saying stuff like this, something's working, though.

He’s really not a significant voice or anything - it’s not a real “newspaper.”

That said...they’re scared. This isn’t when you let up on the pressure....this is when you double it. The fight for actual justice requires exhausting relentlessness. The racists and the cops think they can outlast you. Show them they’re wrong.

Show them they’re fucked.

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Way to go NYPD, you seized a bike tire inner-tube.  Every friend and relative I have in NYC bikes around with one of those in their backpack.  And my lord, somebody was caught with gloves during a pandemic outbreak?  The horror!  And a flashlight!  At night?  In New York City?  AHHH.  And I guess since I can't tell that shitty little blue plastic thing is, it must be some sort of chemical weapon used by brown people.  Obviously.  

A half-ass competent police chief would just take a photo of the lighter fluid and the sledgehammer and try to spin that.  But this looks like some kinda shitty version of an Orvis catalog and he looks even dumber than usual.  I almost miss when the police tried to cover up their shortcomings instead of proudly displaying it as competence and bravado.  

The little blue thing is a tire tool for changing bike tires. 

park-tool-steel-core-tire-levers-tl-62-s

Just now, HenryJames said:

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

He’s really not a significant voice or anything - it’s not a real “newspaper.”

That said...they’re scared. This isn’t when you let up on the pressure....this is when you double it. The fight for actual justice requires exhausting relentlessness. The racists and the cops think they can outlast you. Show them they’re wrong.

Show them they’re fucked.

Exactly. This needs to keep up as long as it takes. Then when November hits flood the ballots. 

I wonder if there's a way to organize buses to take people from minority neighborhoods over to the nearest voting places since the republicans have shut down voting near their neighborhoods to suppress them. If Trump loses Texas he's 100 percent toast. 

Just now, Wanker Bob said:

Exactly. This needs to keep up as long as it takes. Then when November hits flood the ballots. 

I wonder if there's a way to organize buses to take people from minority neighborhoods over to the nearest voting places since the republicans have shut down voting near their neighborhoods to suppress them. If Trump loses Texas he's 100 percent toast. 

Pretty sure the Texas Republican Party passed a law last session to outlaw exactly that...or they at least tried. 

33 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

That kid's gonna get second degree burns on his scalp in that sun...

Lol OBVIOUSLY you didn't read my previous post. We ain't out there protesting. I'm the mother fucking George Soros of Kerr county and fund others to do the dirty work! 

And I really hope it stays that way. The protests planned for DC today could be epic. I have friends there who have contingency plans to open their homes as shelters from the authoritarian forces if need be, but so long as the crowd doesn’t use force, I really wonder whether the forces ont he ground there really have the stomach to use force on the command of that fuckface admin.

I hope that as far as his pathetic eyes can see, there are masses demanding a better America for all. And they’re not going away.
  • Like 1