Minneapolis is Burning

F250

5 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Thinking people would leave San Antonio or Houston to take a bus to Victoria to loot is the height of crazy.

Yeah, people in San Antonio and Houston don't visit Victoria unless it's for a family funeral.

On a serious note, Victoria still has a shit ton of institutional racism. Fuck that place.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Nsiap 

Right wing low information American who bought into the Antifa fantasy. Spurred on by a Republican legislator. Which leads to a 51 year old dummy dumdum threatening a child because she might be "Anti-fascist."  What a fucking world. 

Here is the brief chronology - 

[Rumor that Antifa coming to town]

snip - The Montana Human Rights Network released a statement on Thursday stating the rumors are unfounded. The Network’s press release said misinformation can be traced to when Sen. Jennifer Fielder, R-Thompson Falls, posted a note on Facebook warning that “multiple reports from credible witnesses” said a caravan of Antifa members was planning to infiltrate anti-racist protests planned in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, before heading to Missoula. 

The network said variations of Fielder’s claims were then widely shared in “militia and other anti-government” Facebook groups and that members of those groups “have responded by fantasizing about the chance to shoot Antifa demonstrators.” But the press release said there was no caravan, and the Montana Human Rights Network “thoroughly researched the situation” and was unable to find any supporting proof and neither could law enforcement agencies. 

Several news organizations, including the Idaho Statesman and Associated Press, have published articles debunking the claim as well. 

The press release from the Montana Human Rights Network said the “Antifa Fantasy” is a widespread one. “By making it sound like protesters could be out-of-state Antifa members, it’s easier for armed militia activists to try and justify violence towards people of color and concerned community members at anti-rascist events.” - snip

https://www.dailyinterlake.com/news/2020/jun/04/black-lives-matter-protests-ramp-up-in-6/

Bunch of fucking sicko sociopaths. 

• Like 5

In 1989 for the series “Making Sense of the 60s”, David Hoffman interviewed a number of police chiefs to discuss 1968 riots.  

He just published this today, and it’s relevant.

1989 was closer to 1968 than today and now I feel really old
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Went to a BLM Protest in KELLER, Tx where I live today.  The estimates are that there were about 3k people there.....definitely a different feel and huge opportunity here.  

When the burb I live in and Southlake next door are drawing those kinds of crowds, especially considering the oppressive heat for a noon start it's really something.

They had one in Trophy Club last week. So far all these have been peaceful.

1 hour ago, Bevo14 said:

They're scared of foreigners from distant lands... like one state over

Exactly. They probably even think the few local black and brown people aren’t that bad. I mean you can’t let your daughter date them like what the happened with the Smith girl back in ‘05 but they’re ok besides that. And when Fox News or FB tells them about thugs and hordes, the only source can be somewhere else. And when the story is a car load of them are headed over, that isn’t too scary. But a caravan.  That’s a good nondescript term implying 100s.

20 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157469591906938&id=656026937

Samantha Francine's account of the confrontation

Rep to you. I don't have Facebook so thank you for posting that. Powerful stuff. That was solid advice from her late father. Make your daughters strong and they grow up to be strong women changing the world.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Exactly. They probably even think the few local black and brown people aren’t that bad. I mean you can’t let your daughter date them like what the happened with the Smith girl back in ‘05 but they’re ok besides that. And when Fox News or FB tells them about thugs and hordes, the only source can be somewhere else. And when the story is a car load of them are headed over, that isn’t too scary. But a caravan.  That’s a good nondescript term implying 100s.

I'm familiar with the scare tactics and the caravan(s), but darned if every time someone brings it up, all I can picture is a beat up Dodge minivan with six to eight of those little Christian fish stickers on the back bumper, a pine tree air freshener dangling from the rearview mirror, and an AC belt that's slipping as the driver turns into the Chik-fil-a parking lot. Come to think of it, that is kind of scary. I think I'll use the drive through.

When one of my neighbors gets back from working on their lease, I'll have to ask if the Antifa were able to loot any feral hogs.

Rep to you. I don't have Facebook so thank you for posting that. Powerful stuff. That was solid advice from her late father. Make your daughters strong and they grow up to be strong women changing the world.

Make your daughters strong? Shit. Just stay out of their way and support them in whatever choice they make.
  • Like 2

https://time.com/5849839/police-brutality-george-floyd-protests-spreadsheet/

To cut through all this confusion, a group of activist researchers have committed themselves to a major challenge: collecting as many videos of alleged police misconduct during the protests as possible, checking their veracity and assembling all the videos on one Google spreadsheet. So far, it includes more than 300 videos of alleged police misconduct, as well as records of a few unrelated incidents from the last week that researchers found troubling.

The leader of the project is T. Greg Doucette, a North Carolina criminal defense attorney, who tells TIME that he has followed cases of police misconduct for years. He produces a podcast named Fsck ‘Em All, that primarily discusses cases of police conduct, and has shared stories on his social media accounts for nearly 15 years. Doucette said that the current project to collect videos of suspect police behavior began after he posted a list of videos in late May of apparent misconduct on Facebook and Twitter. Over time, more and more people started sending him other clips.

Glad someone is doing this.

Link to the google spreadsheet.

• Like 3

Oh, and Mr. Snowden is pretty easy to find:

JAY SNOWDEN
Agent Address
164 OLD RANCH ROAD, WHITEFISH, Montana, 59937, United States

Landline number (LOL)

(406) 756-0425

jaypsnowden@hotmail.com

jaypsnowden@msn.com

jaypsnowden@uswest.net

jaypsnowden@webtv.net

jaypsnowden@yahoo.com

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

What is it with the right wing morons and their hang up with caravans?

with the immigrants, it's a tool for their leaders to provoke fear and hatred of the other to inflame and distract the GOP base while the GOP leadership does its work.

with the protests - the things that they see don't line up with the facts that they know and so they need fantastical stories to tidy things up

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

seating for 7 bud

87-90_Dodge_Grand_Caravan.jpg

5 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

What is it about Virginia that makes racists want to run people over with their vehicles?

It’s not just Virginia. I think the count of vigilante car attacks on protesters is up to 19 now, if you count that guy in Seattle that only hit a barricade but then shot someone. The guy in Bakersfield the other night was covered in neo Nazi tattoos, killed a guy, and wasn’t even arrested.

• Like 2

Guest Lobo
24 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

who watches the watchers?

Space Force, duh 

you can watch really well from up there.  You just can’t hear anything.  

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Just a few bad apples looking out for other bad apples. 

FWIW, the most racist person I've ever met in my life was one of my roommates my freshman year at UF.  Dude was from Hollywood, FL and I'm surprised he didn't wear a white hood around the dorm.  He fucking hated my guts because I would bring home POC friends back to our place to drink and play video games.  He wouldn't sit in the same room with us.  His immediate room mate was also a south Florida kid (Miami Beach) and was half Italian and was almost just as bad.  I know its easy to paint the panhandle as redneck because of its proximity to GA and Bama, but the entire state is riddled with racist pieces of shit.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, F250 said:

Yeah, people in San Antonio and Houston don't visit Victoria unless it's for a family funeral.

On a serious note, Victoria still has a shit ton of institutional racism. Fuck that place.

Local paper estimated anywhere from 600-750 people participated. No incidents, no arrests. 

FWIW, the most racist person I've ever met in my life was one of my roommates my freshman year at UF.  Dude was from Hollywood, FL and I'm surprised he didn't wear a white hood around the dorm.  He fucking hated my guts because I would bring home POC friends back to our place to drink and play video games.  He wouldn't sit in the same room with us.  His immediate room mate was also a south Florida kid (Miami Beach) and was half Italian and was almost just as bad.  I know its easy to paint the panhandle as redneck because of its proximity to GA and Bama, but the entire state is riddled with racist pieces of shit.  

I am from that area (Lauderhill/Sunrise). We had our fair share of overt racists and mild racists. It ran the gambit like many places.

6 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I am from that area (Lauderhill/Sunrise). We had our fair share of overt racists and mild racists. It ran the gambit like many places.

Oh for sure.  Dad's family is from the Valrico area, east of Tampa.  Only time my wife has been exposed to that side of the family was about a week after our wedding when my grandmother passed.  One of my preteen cousins casually dropped the N word with the hard R while talking to us and my wife almost choked to death.  There's a reason we don't talk to most of that side of the family.