Minneapolis is Burning

F250

11 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/16/us/georgia-clayton-county-teens-police-video/index.html

"A Georgia cop pointed a gun at a group of teens. Neighbors stepped in to protect them"

Looked well handled to me. The officer kept the situation calm. There had been a legitimate report of a possible gun. The neighbors kept their distance even though tensions are high. Good outcome, IMHO. That the locals believe the police shouldn't have pulled his gun is likely due to other incidents and rightful fear. Or there is something else not evident in the video.  Agree? 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Looked well handled to me. The officer kept the situation calm. There had been a legitimate report of a possible gun. The neighbors kept their distance even though tensions are high. Good outcome, IMHO. That the locals believe the police shouldn't have pulled his gun is likely due to other incidents and rightful fear. Or there is something else not evident in the video.  Agree? 

Yep.  I got sucked in by headline and should have watched all the way first.  mea culpa.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I agree.  There was a legitimate report of a gun being involved, the cop remained calm.  Maybe the interaction wasn't perfect, but I don't think it was out of line.  

That said, wouldn't it be much better if the police acted in ways that earned them the trust of the community, so they didn't face this challenge in every interaction?  This is why you don't repeatedly treat people like shit in the first place.  Create a poisonous atmosphere, and there's gonna be poison everywhere.

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I agree.  There was a legitimate report of a gun being involved, the cop remained calm.  Maybe the interaction wasn't perfect, but I don't think it was out of line.  

That said, wouldn't it be much better if the police acted in ways that earned them the trust of the community, so they didn't face this challenge in every interaction?  This is why you don't repeatedly treat people like shit in the first place.  Create a poisonous atmosphere, and there's gonna be poison everywhere.

I think cops when they pull their weapons being surrounded by a crowd of concerned citizens holding them accountable is an ideal situation. Forces cops to think about what their next steps are vs just blasting away.

This seemed to me to be an appropriate thread to discuss police violence. I didn't realize I would be triggering people posing whether police killings are a threat to people of all skin colors. That you viewed my post as trying to "steal the spotlight" from the black movement is seriously warped. 
I'm sure there are people (on Texags?) posting the data and graphs to prove that BLM is bogus and "they" need to pipe down. But you shouldn't assume anyone wanting to merely discuss it has that agenda. Fuck, my post was literally asking for counterpoints to the podcast I linked. If you aren't capable of or interested in engaging in a thoughtful conversation on the topic, that's fine, but it's bullshit to accuse someone who's earnestly trying to have a discussion of taking something from black people. 
Now, back to the thread. 

I never questioned your earnestness.

I just thought it sort of offensively oblivious and self absorbed. Sort of like joining the rape victim thread to ask questions about provocative dress stats and rape.

Maybe that is just me. I tend to think of my many clients and their pain at losing loved ones to racist cops - and get annoyed at any post (admittedly my opinion) seeming to diminish that experience.

I am hardly an unbiased view, and will admit to being snarky.

You and this simple fool are good man.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Well it IS the most important meal of the day. For Chrissake though, don't broadcast yourself blubbering over an Egg McMuffin. Now a Honey Butter Chicken biscuit I might understand.

Actually it's not. I've lost 44 lbs since January by doing nothing more than not eating breakfast and all my calories are consumed between 1-8 pm at least 6 days a week. 

And it's serious fat loss. Have had to buy new pants and a new belt. Now under 200 lbs for the first time in forever. 

Breakfast is bullshit. You don't need it at all. Just water

Edited by Wanker Bob
  • Like 5

22 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

Actually it's not. I've lost 44 lbs since January by doing nothing more than not eating breakfast and all my calories are consumed between 1-8 pm at least 6 days a week. 

And it's serious fat loss. Have had to buy new pants and a new belt. Now under 200 lbs for the first time in forever. 

Congrats, now you can humble brag to all your buddies about the wonders of "intermittent fasting" lol

ATLANTA (AP) — The Atlanta officer who fatally shot Rayshard Brooks in the back after the fleeing man pointed a stun gun in his direction will be charged with felony murder and 10 other charges, a prosecutor said Wednesday.

Garrett Rolfe kicked Brooks while he lay on the ground and the officer with him, Devin Brosnan, stood on Brooks' shoulder as he struggled for life after a confrontation Friday night, Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard said at a news conference.

Rolfe had already been fired after he fatally shot Brooks, 27, on Friday night. Brosnan, who will be charged with aggravated assault and other crimes, had been placed on administrative leave.

Brooks’ widow, Tomika Miller, attended the news conference along with her lawyers, Justin Miller and L. Chris Stewart.

Looks like that officer in Atlanta just got charged with felony murder. 

Edited by UpperWestside

1 minute ago, UpperWestside said:

Looks like that officer in Atlanta just got charged with felony murder. 

11 total counts.  DA hitting him for all kinds of shit.  I'm pleasantly surprised, but worried how much of it will actually stick.  The other cop flipped to state witness too.  

• Like 1

Just now, TXSG8R said:

11 total counts.  DA hitting him for all kinds of shit.  I'm pleasantly surprised, but worried how much of it will actually stick.  The other cop flipped to state witness too.  

Throw everything you can possibly throw at this POS and see how much they can get to stick. One worthless cop down and many more to still get rid of.

1 hour ago, Wanker Bob said:

I have also been intermittent fasting. Since Jan. 1 I've lost 21 pounds ... and I wasn't even overweight to begin with.

Carry on.

6 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Gundy’s mock apology isn’t going to sit well with the players. They’re not stupid. They know their coach thinks Coronavirus is a hoax and he’s a nutter.

One thing I’ve been impressed with, whether they are black or white, is how much smarter the youngs are than we are, especially compared to the olds. Gundy is generation X after all, so we do have our fair share of complete dipshits. His players know he’s full of shit and I don’t think this ends well for him. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

One thing I’ve been impressed with, whether they are black or white, is how much smarter the youngs are than we are, especially compared to the olds. Gundy is generation X after all, so we do have our fair share of complete dipshits. His players know he’s full of shit and I don’t think this ends well for him. 

They've grown up in the information age and are incredibly good at sniffing out bullshit.  

36 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I have also been intermittent fasting. Since Jan. 1 I've lost 21 pounds ... and I wasn't even overweight to begin with.

Carry on.

It's insane how well this works and how easy it is once you get adjusted to it. I didn't even have to give up my wife's homemade corn and flour tortillas. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

This keeps coming up, but for pity's sake, IT'S ON CAMERA.  Why would any "thinking" <nudge, nudge, wink, wink> do that kind of thing when they know they're on camera?

The same reason the president and the Rs do what they do.  They know they are in a system that lets them get away with it.  Hopefully not for much longer.

Olds are smart enough to know the easiest way to change things is to vote.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

The world would be a better place if these protesting cops would go ahead and not come back to work ever again

• Like 4

A Minneapolis police station -

52466b89e6b288d2e3583f2dbfc01ae5.jpg

Um, that surely is violating all kinds of building and safety codes.

I know it violates the ADA in blocking the sidewalk and I cannot imagine the Fire Marshal would be happy about blocking the entrance/exit.

And I really love the jerryrigged plywood panel and the use of what looks like spray foam to hold it all together.

Don’t get me started on the razor/barbed wire.

d6ddf22d9da2429c4b3f7cb11f414ad1.jpg

11 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I know it violates the ADA in blocking the sidewalk and I cannot imagine the Fire Marshal would be happy about blocking the entrance/exit.

And I really love the jerryrigged plywood panel and the use of what looks like spray foam to hold it all together.

Fort Apache, brought to you by Flexseal!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Looks like they got consulting from aggy

• Like 4