Minneapolis is Burning

F250

14 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Siap on the defund the police thread, but give me the fucking argument against this. Explain to me how Democratic leaders actually care about the issue tearing our country apart, but are unwilling to work on a solution. The vast majority of people understand that being a black American means poor treatment by the police. 

So why not take 70-80% of what you want now to help people? Instead of waiting until 2021 to help people?

Because the bill is isn't 70% of anything. it's 100% bullshit. Hope that helps. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 5

The idea that cops ever use a chokehold in which it might be an appropriate method to subdue a violent person is hilarious. They choke fully compliant people, because they like being violent against people who won’t fight back. If someone is actually violent, they just fucking shoot them. 

• Like 3

Any physical hold (arms, legs, wrists, whatever) whose purpose or effect is to restrict air or blood is a chokehold.

2 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Austin cops get on the mat and do wrestling training during the academy. It’s hilarious to watch when the fire cadets and their TLs happen to be in the gym at the same time and they roast them the entire time.

I've rolled with some cops who are brilliant on the mat and I would trust to use all manner of restraining techniques. I've rolled with white belt cops who terrified me because they were just stupid, violent animals.

BJJ people know that the most dangerous person on the mat is a strong white belt with something to prove. They need to get their asses to the boxing gyms with the other meatheads.

35 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I tuned in KLBJ within the last few days, the afternoon show. Confederacy of dunces. They were riding the hysteria wave and Ed Clemens brought up, in his weariest voice, "now I'm hearing they may want to go after Mt. Rushmore." 

Clemons, a formidable idiot in his own right, is the genius on the show. The shrill woman and condescending man with him took turns hyperventilating in outrage and then laughing about how stupid the libs are. 

I could tell that this was the opening infection of a pandemic of pearl clutching over our precious memorials. Sure enough, Wally posts the FOX News show where the State of North Dakota and the Federal Government will partner to protect the petrified presidential probosci.

I'm guessing they imagine a caravan of low riders rumbling across the badlands from the evil cities filled with your coloreds wielding Glocks and pickaxes. Roark's Drift all over again. Brave souls, these GOPs!

spacer.png

petrified presidential probosci gets an upvote for me 

Edited by Post Oak

34 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I tuned in KLBJ within the last few days, the afternoon show. Confederacy of dunces. They were riding the hysteria wave and Ed Clemens brought up, in his weariest voice, "now I'm hearing they may want to go after Mt. Rushmore." 

Clemons, a formidable idiot in his own right, is the genius on the show. The shrill woman and condescending man with him took turns hyperventilating in outrage and then laughing about how stupid the libs are. 

I could tell that this was the opening infection of a pandemic of pearl clutching over our precious memorials. Sure enough, Wally posts the FOX News show where the State of North Dakota and the Federal Government will partner to protect the petrified presidential probosci.

I'm guessing they imagine a caravan of low riders rumbling across the badlands from the evil cities filled with your coloreds wielding Glocks and pickaxes. Roark's Drift all over again. Brave souls, these GOPs!

spacer.png

Well, they've got a very good bass section, mind, but no top tenors that's for sure. .

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I'm not in any way an expert on this, but I'm not sure taser is a good alternative to a choke hold. Back when I worked at the boxing gym the owner was a retired SWAT leader who would get sad to the point of tears every time a cop would shoot someone.  He blamed tasers, because they discouraged the use of hands-on physical force and control, which in turn made police more fearful and less confident in his view, and thus more likely to escalate. His view was that in his career they had gone from

verbal command ->physical intimidation -> restraint ->night stick/tonfa -> gun

to

verbal -> taser-> gun

and he saw that as a recipe for escalation and disaster.  As close as I can remember he said some thing to the effect that when cops used their hands they felt sure of them selves and the vast majority of regular patrol guys felt confident about their own safety even though they never unholstered or even touched their pistol over the course of a career, and that the worst thing that happened was that they flew off the handle and beat somebody up, but everybody lived. 
Obviously that doesn't cover choke holds, but I've been hit in the ribs and thigh with a night stick before, and as much as that sucked I would rather have that incapacitate me than be choked out. 

Not knowing his background or where he served, its hard to tell if hes romanticizing his past or outright bullshitting you.  Cops killing people isnt a recent phenomenon, we just have the luxury of video evidence of what transpired instead of having to rely on the story of the only guy that lived through the encounter.

Educators go through restraint training.  My wife is 5'4" and 120 lbs (no pics) and would regularly have to restrain kids that were equal to or bigger than her.  They don't get to use choke holds.  They rely on sheer numbers if the kid is non cooperative/too big to handle.  Cops shouldn't be any different.  If you cant take the guy down without a choke, wait for backup.  I asked this about the Brooks killing in Atlanta, but its still an open question.  How important is an arrest?  If the person isn't a clear threat to the people around him, and the cop(s) cant take the guy down, why escalate to the point of death, whether its through a choke hold or in that case, shooting?  Im pretty sure that change in policy would be a lot easier to train through our police forces.  Making them all krav magra experts that we can reliably expect them not to kill people when they put them in a choke is less realistic.  

Edited by TXSG8R
holy run on sentence batman
  • Like 1

Officials Warn Defunding Police Could Lead To Spike In Crime From Ex-Officers With No Outlet For Violence

tbodaf0hdv9k7z1mst3x.jpg

LOS ANGELES—Insisting their department provided crucial services that help maintain order in the city, law enforcement officials warned Wednesday that defunding the police could lead to a spike in crime from ex-officers with no outlet for their violence. “The truth is that there are violent people in our society, and we need a police department so they have somewhere to go during the day to channel their rage,” said L.A. police chief Michel Moore, telling reporters that without proper resources, his team would be powerless to take these aggressive individuals off the streets and throw them into a police academy. “If these cuts are allowed to continue, we could be looking at a very real future where someone with a history of domestic abuse is able to terrorize their spouse with impunity instead of being occupied testing out new tactical military equipment or pepper-spraying some random teens. The fact that these dangerous attackers and killers are being gainfully employed by the LAPD is the only thing standing between us and complete chaos.” Moore added that even minor budget cuts could lead to repeat violent offenders walking free instead of spending 10 to 15 years behind a sergeant’s desk. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To further that point, the crimes that led to choking deaths:

Eric Garner - selling loose cigarettes

George Floyd - forged $20 bill

The ones that got shot?

Michael Brown - shoplifting

Rayshard Brooks - DUI (parked in a Wendys drive-thru)

None of those potential crimes or arrests are worth a life.  We need to realign police policies with their relative values.  If something isn't a threat to the police or other citizens, how about we stop applying potentially lethal options to deal with them?  This would include removing the "feared for my life" part of the equation from those arrests.  If its not worth your life, dont put yourself into that position for an arrest over $20.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Any physical hold (arms, legs, wrists, whatever) whose purpose or effect is to restrict air or blood is a chokehold.

I've rolled with some cops who are brilliant on the mat and I would trust to use all manner of restraining techniques. I've rolled with white belt cops who terrified me because they were just stupid, violent animals.

BJJ people know that the most dangerous person on the mat is a strong white belt with something to prove. They need to get their asses to the boxing gyms with the other meatheads.

This. I'm a wrestler, not a BJJ guy, but I've seen cops who know what they are doing and some cops who don't and the cops who don't are the scary ones. 

9 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

To further that point, the crimes that led to choking deaths:

Eric Garner - selling loose cigarettes while black

George Floyd - forged $20 bill while black

The ones that got shot?

Michael Brown - shoplifting as a black person

Rayshard Brooks - DUI while black (parked in a Wendys drive-thru)

None of those potential crimes or arrests are worth a life.  We need to realign police policies with their relative values.  If something isn't a threat to the police or other citizens, how about we stop applying potentially lethal options to deal with them?  This would include removing the "feared for my life" part of the equation from those arrests.  If its not worth your life, dont put yourself into that position for an arrest over $20.  

Fify

56 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

If I remember correctly, Japanese officers are trained in martial arts. I don't see why ours can't either.

Cops are taught wrist control and all sorts of other grappling principles and techniques.  But most of them are out of breath 8 seconds into an altercation, so tasers.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Not knowing his background or where he served, its hard to tell if hes romanticizing his past or outright bullshitting you.  Cops killing people isnt a recent phenomenon, we just have the luxury of video evidence of what transpired instead of having to rely on the story of the only guy that lived through the encounter.

Educators go through restraint training.  My wife is 5'4" and 120 lbs (no pics) and would regularly have to restrain kids that were equal to or bigger than her.  They don't get to use choke holds.  They rely on sheer numbers if the kid is non cooperative/too big to handle.  Cops shouldn't be any different.  If you cant take the guy down without a choke, wait for backup.  I asked this about the Brooks killing in Atlanta, but its still an open question.  How important is an arrest?  If the person isn't a clear threat to the people around him, and the cop(s) cant take the guy down, why escalate to the point of death, whether its through a choke hold or in that case, shooting?  Im pretty sure that change in policy would be a lot easier to train through our police forces.  Making them all krav magra experts that we can reliably expect them not to kill people when they put them in a choke is less realistic.  

I think you missed my point. I'm not defending chokes. Chokes shouldn't be used. I'm also not denying that police violence has always existed or defending police violence in any way. I'm suggesting that tasers are not better, and considering whether taking away sticks made cops more fearful and shortened the path to deadly force. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Cops are taught wrist control and all sorts of other grappling principles and techniques.  But most of them are out of breath 8 seconds into an altercation, so tasers.

This was a huge problem also, according to my friend. You don't see fat cops in Italy or France. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I wonder if he's concerned about the fact that there are actual police officers having masturbatory fantasies about taking an AR and mowing down n----rs?  I mean, the story was even covered on Fox news, so we know he's seen it:  https://www.foxnews.com/us/north-carolina-police-officers-fired-racist-rant-slaughter-black-people-civil-war

Interesting, the things that do and don't concern the Dotard, don't you think?  Hey, GR and Workswithseed, what do you think the greatest threat is to a stable country governed by the rule of law: 1) protesters calling cops hurtful names, or 2) actual armed agents of the state getting boners about their plans to declare war on black people?

Good to know the DOTUS has his priorities straight.  Protect statues, and complain about chants, but armed agents of the state cumming in their pants over the prospect of mowing down an entire race......that's all good.  That's your boy.  That's your party.  That's your movement.  You're on the wrong fucking side, fellas.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 2

Just now, Brisketexan said:

I know a flight attendant who could be Joey Lauren Adams' twin.  They are both smoke.

I've told this before but she was a regular at ego's for a summer in the early 2000's and we'd see her there twice a week.  nicest chick ever.  two stepping with anyone that would ask, buying beers for people, starting conversations with random folks at the bar. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I wonder if he's concerned about the fact that there are actual police officers having masturbatory fantasies about taking an AR and mowing down n----rs?  I mean, the story was even covered on Fox news, so we know he's seen it:  https://www.foxnews.com/us/north-carolina-police-officers-fired-racist-rant-slaughter-black-people-civil-war

Interesting, the things that do and don't concern the Dotard, don't you think?  Hey, GR and Workswithseed, what do you think the greatest threat is to a stable country governed by the rule of law: 1) protesters calling cops hurtful names, or 2) actual armed agents of the state getting boners about their plans to declare war on black people?

Good to know the DOTUS has his priorities straight.  Protect statues, and complain about chants, but armed agents of the state cumming in their pants over the prospect of mowing down an entire race......that's all good.  That's your boy.  That's your party.  That's your movement.  You're on the wrong fucking side, fellas.

You should @ me, I don't always read your long posts for the same reason you don't have time to watch videos. 

Both, since both have boners killing people. I'm not too mad if people kill cops though.

Edited by workswithseed

3 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

You should @ me, I don't always read your long posts for the same reason you don't have time to watch videos. 

Both, since both have boners killing people. I'm not too mad if people kill cops though.

Yet your movement only cares about the protest chant.

Dotard's words of concern about active, ongoing police abuse in real-time.....remain pegged at ZERO.  He has zero interest in fixing a single goddamned thing, AND, his entire party walks lockstep with him and dares not dissent.  Cool, cool.

Yet your movement only cares about the protest chant.

Dotard's words of concern about active, ongoing police abuse in real-time.....remain pegged at ZERO.  He has zero interest in fixing a single goddamned thing, AND, his entire party walks lockstep with him and dares not dissent.  Cool, cool.

I'd be glad if he had said to get rid of unions, and immunity, but he didn't. There is a reason I'm not voting for the man.

6 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I'd be glad if he had said to get rid of unions, and immunity, but he didn't. There is a reason I'm not voting for the man.

Yet every GOP official you will vote for supports him, effectively unwaveringly.  A vote for the GOP is a vote for Trumpism - the party has been crystal clear on that point.

Yet every GOP official you will vote for supports him, effectively unwaveringly.  A vote for the GOP is a vote for Trumpism - the party has been crystal clear on that point.

I live in Portland, it won't matter what GOPer I vote for will make it to office, and this state needs some balance as it is. Unless you mean after his presidency?

2 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I live in Portland, it won't matter what GOPer I vote for will make it to office, and this state needs some balance as it is. Unless you mean after his presidency?

Yeah, and it doesn't matter what Dems I vote for in Texas.  Still, I won't vote for a shitty evil one who is a slave to a divisive piece of shit.  You will.

American civilization. Not worth a long post read.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, and it doesn't matter what Dems I vote for in Texas.  Still, I won't vote for a shitty evil one who is a slave to a divisive piece of shit.  You will.

i know you are out there on that ledge, but the cautious optimist in me thinks that texas may be very close to turning blue. maybe not 2020 but 2022 is coming.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Y'all think stupid/cruel people can be converted.

I don't.

We can't flip them.  We can only hope to someday outnumber them.

oh, don't misunderstand. I agree 100% with that. but right now I need some indication that maybe this state is crawling out from under a rock. I don't hold out hope of texas being a true blue state anytime soon, but it would be significant if Texas is in play for a while

4 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I'm not in any way an expert on this, but I'm not sure taser is a good alternative to a choke hold. Back when I worked at the boxing gym the owner was a retired SWAT leader who would get sad to the point of tears every time a cop would shoot someone.  He blamed tasers, because they discouraged the use of hands-on physical force and control, which in turn made police more fearful and less confident in his view, and thus more likely to escalate. His view was that in his career they had gone from

verbal command ->physical intimidation -> restraint ->night stick/tonfa -> gun

to

verbal -> taser-> gun

and he saw that as a recipe for escalation and disaster.  As close as I can remember he said some thing to the effect that when cops used their hands they felt sure of them selves and the vast majority of regular patrol guys felt confident about their own safety even though they never unholstered or even touched their pistol over the course of a career, and that the worst thing that happened was that they flew off the handle and beat somebody up, but everybody lived. 
Obviously that doesn't cover choke holds, but I've been hit in the ribs and thigh with a night stick before, and as much as that sucked I would rather have that incapacitate me than be choked out. 

A rational post in the CR? Now I’ve seen everything. I can quit the interwebs. 

"We won't let you vote, and when we do let you vote we give a wide range of anti-black white people to choose from!" - The Democrats

[edit]

What we NEED is to take the power away from these bastards. Direct action gets the goods.

Daily marches across the nation will do more than any fucking voter drive. Riots are more effective than door-knocking. It would be nice to live in the liberal fantasy world that the world just needs polite voting habits to change, but if you still believe that's the case you're asleep.

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TXSG8R said:

This is so obvious, and I feel like I've said versions of it a thousand times over the past decade.  

Let the guy go.  Call in backup.  You likely have him ID'd six ways from Sunday, anyway.  You probably know his car, his address, his SSN.  Just let him go and catch him later.

While I am staunchly against the death penalty in all cases, I'm really fucking confident that it is not appropriate in cases of petty theft, DUI, selling drugs, etc.

• Like 1