Minneapolis is Burning

F250

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

This is so obvious, and I feel like I've said versions of it a thousand times over the past decade.  

Let the guy go.  Call in backup.  You likely have him ID'd six ways from Sunday, anyway.  You probably know his car, his address, his SSN.  Just let him go and catch him later.

While I am staunchly against the death penalty in all cases, I'm really fucking confident that it is not appropriate in cases of petty theft, DUI, selling drugs, etc.

This I can also agree with. Seriously, you can't let a man sell cigarettes because he doesn't pay taxes? That's fucking shit.

Get a load of this raggedy ass twat.

Jenkins said she “blacked out” during the event and doesn’t remember what she said as anti-racism protesters gathered outside a store that sells Confederate merchandise.

Jenkins said she does not support the KKK.

“I wasn’t saying I’m KKK or for the KKK,” she told Ozarks First. “I was mocking them because I don’t like being called a racist.”

She also said she lost her job and left Branson over the incident ― and promised to never wave a Confederate flag again.

“I didn’t understand that the Confederate flag meant hate,” she told Ozarks First. “I don’t understand the whole history of the Confederate flag, but I’m learning.”

Cracker, please.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, workswithseed said:

I live in Portland, it won't matter what GOPer I vote for will make it to office, and this state needs some balance as it is. Unless you mean after his presidency?

Lol, Oregon’s republicans are basically all outright nazis. They make ours look good by comparison. But sure, they’ll provide “balance.”

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Lol, Oregon’s republicans are basically all outright nazis. They make ours look good by comparison. But sure, they’ll provide “balance.”

I'd like some evidence of being outright naziness of the Republicans here in Oregon. The most note worthy thing they did was run for Idaho to not vote a carbon bill.

13 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I've told this before but she was a regular at ego's for a summer in the early 2000's and we'd see her there twice a week.  nicest chick ever.  two stepping with anyone that would ask, buying beers for people, starting conversations with random folks at the bar. 

and . . .?

Edit:  I was referring to the second tweet not the video even though the video is all kinds of fucked up.  "I'm going to need you to delete that" lol get fucked

lol go right ahead and arrest them...

3 hours ago, HenryJames said:

also THIS is why I say that most cops are the biggest pussies/bullies you'll ever know.  Also if that was the case I'd show up to the city council meeting and ask that they be limited to desk duty that doesn't involve heavy lifting if 3 of them were overpowered by a 140lb dude.  gtfoutta here

Edited by CowboyFred
  • Like 2

Perfectly normal:

Winston-Salem, North Carolina — Three members of the Wilmington, North Carolina Police Department have been fired after being caught on video making racist and threatening comments. One said a civil war necessary to wipe black people off the map and he was ready.

At the 46-minute mark of the video, Piner and Gilmore began talking from their respective cars, at which time Piner criticized the department, saying its only concern was "kneeling down with the black folks." About 30 minutes later, Piner received a phone call from Moore, according to the investigation, a segment in which Moore referred to a black female as a "negro." He also referred to the woman by using a racial slur. He repeated the use of the slur in describing a black magistrate, and Moore used a gay slur to describe the magistrate as well.

Later, according to the investigation, Piner told Moore he feels a civil war is coming and that he is ready. Piner said he was going to buy a new assault rifle, and soon "we are just going to go out and start slaughtering them (expletive)" blacks. "I can't wait. God, I can't wait." Moore responded that he wouldn't do that.

Piner then told Moore he felt a civil war was needed to "wipe them off the (expletive) map. That'll put them back about four or five generations." Moore told Piner he was "crazy," and the recording stopped a short time later.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/three-north-carolina-police-officers-fired-racial-slurs-video/

14 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Perfectly normal:

Winston-Salem, North Carolina — Three members of the Wilmington, North Carolina Police Department have been fired after being caught on video making racist and threatening comments. One said a civil war necessary to wipe black people off the map and he was ready.

At the 46-minute mark of the video, Piner and Gilmore began talking from their respective cars, at which time Piner criticized the department, saying its only concern was "kneeling down with the black folks." About 30 minutes later, Piner received a phone call from Moore, according to the investigation, a segment in which Moore referred to a black female as a "negro." He also referred to the woman by using a racial slur. He repeated the use of the slur in describing a black magistrate, and Moore used a gay slur to describe the magistrate as well.

Later, according to the investigation, Piner told Moore he feels a civil war is coming and that he is ready. Piner said he was going to buy a new assault rifle, and soon "we are just going to go out and start slaughtering them (expletive)" blacks. "I can't wait. God, I can't wait." Moore responded that he wouldn't do that.

Piner then told Moore he felt a civil war was needed to "wipe them off the (expletive) map. That'll put them back about four or five generations." Moore told Piner he was "crazy," and the recording stopped a short time later.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/three-north-carolina-police-officers-fired-racial-slurs-video/

"we are just going to go out and start slaughtering them (expletive)"

Reportedly, according to people who have heard the tape, what he said was "we are just going to go out and start slaughtering them fucking n***ers." 

On 6/26/2020 at 5:32 PM, Bama Chick said:

The Chicks are badass.

On 6/26/2020 at 10:46 AM, BigHorn'13 said:

Bitch you told them you were going to teach your grandkids to hate black people. Get the fuck outta here with all that. 

Also

top 5 internets ever

and the chicks song too dammit. that was good. 

Listened to it in the car today, by myself. It was rough.
It’s rough because in this, the worst times we’ve seen in our lives...I’m dangerously close to feeling hope. Hope fucking terrifies me. Because al experience and data tells me it will be dashed. Hope is a dangerous thing - it can kill a man. I really do believe that.
But there’s some fucking fight in us. There’s some defiance left, and defiance building. And the fight I see in young people, particularly young people of color....there’s hope.
Which scares the shit out of me.
  • Like 2

I was shocked the first time I heard that Chicks track.  It doesn't sound anything like them.  The message isn't surprising, but they are mining all new musical territory, and well.  

I love it that the right is pissed they are dropping "Dixie".  At this point, I think Natalie Maines sees her role as just fucking with anything right of center, and I don't blame her.

• Like 1

I was not a fan of the Dixie chicks. You can probably find a post on the old site where I likely called them semi-talents, because I tend to think of all musicians who end up in country music that way. 

That being said, I was dragged against my will to a show they did at the drum. Not Ready to Make Nice was maybe the most powerfully moving song I’ve ever seen performed live. I have since retracted my earlier disparagement and have been a fan of Maines ever since. This song and video does not disappoint and I expect if we are ever able to go to big concerts again, but this will be another that you will not want to miss. 

also I think country music and southerners lost any cache they had to criticize anything the Chicks decide to do when they tried to put a scarlet letter on them and kick them out of their pack. Pretty sure the Chicks are super not worried about getting kicked out of the place they were already kicked out of and never went back to anyway. 

On 6/26/2020 at 1:52 PM, CowboyFred said:

and then the police chief of that city did that earlier today...

So basically y'all did something fucked off and are trying to make it illegal to be pissed off about it? Lol. Good luck with all that. 

7 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Does what end? The demonstrations?

I fucking hope not, because direct action is the only thing that's going to accomplish anything.

The fucking Democrats aren't going to do shit.

Of course they won't because they're the party for everyone and everyone won't agree on everything. 

You are starting to see a shift, however, within the makeup of both parties. One party is trying to convince themselves one guy is right for the job while the other is afraid for their jobs to part ways with the guy who's leading them. 

I really wish your boy Bernie would've stuck it through running as an independent. At this point I think he's lost his right to have an "(I)" next to his name with the willingness to constantly campaign as a Democrat. 

But for now, we're stuck playing the "lesser of two evils" game with no end in sight. I constantly hear about "viable 3rd party candidate" as the counterargument to voting independent. Well, if every candidate that could make a good run wasn't suppressed because another member in their party is percieved to be the better matchup (or whatever excuse being used), then we could have this lovely thing called optionS. 

Nope... Can't do that. Ross Perot lost the reelection of a sitting president so no sense in even trying anymore. Plus the process is inherently fixed this way. What can we expect? Members of those 2 parties making changes to fix them? I'm not holding my breath... 

• Like 1

The Democrats will do absolutely nothing. There was a very slight glimmer of hope if they elected an independent outsider to lead them, but they squashed that as hard as they could for the obvious purpose of completely maintaining the status quo and ensuring that nothing disruptive and upsetting happened to the donor class and the "we love the police and the military!" image they desperately try to cultivate.

The only way to get change is to force it on them through demonstrations, riots, and public violence. That's not me saying I love public violence; it is me acknowledging the plain reality in front of our faces that the Democrats will not move unless forced. A far BETTER situation would be them pushing for changes peacefully through the democratic process

Everyone who sees the world right now and says, "uhh just vote, stay off the streets, and if you HAVE to protect, obey all police orders and stay peaceful!" is only very slightly better than an actual white supremacist, because they KNOW relying entirely on electoralism will accomplish no change but they advocate it anyway. And what's the functional difference between someone who actively promotes white supremacy and one who sadly promotes its underlying conditions?

They don't even know his fucking name.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I’m dangerously close to feeling hope. Hope fucking terrifies me. Because al experience and data tells me it will be dashed. Hope is a dangerous thing - it can kill a man. 

I can tell you this much about hope. This comes from all of the protests and rallies I have been at in DC and here in NYC. The young black women and men speaking do not say hope anymore when talking about what they want and the world they want to live in. The most common word used, almost universally, is EXPECT. They expect change and are willing to fight for it until they get it. They aren’t leaving their future, as well as the future of their children, in the hands of hope anymore because they have been screwed over too many times waiting for change and it is clear they won’t get it by doing that. It is amazing to see this mindset change to full-on “fuck you I don’t have to take this shit anymore mode.”

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

I can tell you this much about hope. This comes from all of the protests and rallies I have been at in DC and here in NYC. The young black women and men speaking do not say hope anymore when talking about what they want and the world they want to live in. The most common word used, almost universally, is EXPECT. They expect change and are willing to fight for it until they get it. They aren’t leaving their future, as well as the future of their children, in the hands of hope anymore because they have been screwed over too many times waiting for change and it is clear they won’t get it by doing that. It is amazing to see this mindset change to full-on “fuck you I don’t have to take this shit anymore mode.”

Exactly.  That combined with the number of non black people out there makes me feel more optimistic than ever.  We collectively ain’t havin’ this shit anymore.

From Aggy no less:

White police officers are far more likely to use force than their nonwhite counterparts, especially in minority neighborhoods, according to a study from Texas A&M University researchers.

The outcome is dramatically different when a white officer responds to a call versus a Black officer in an otherwise similar call, they found. White officers use force 60 percent more often, on average, than Black officers, and fire their guns twice as often, said Texas A&M Professor of Economics Mark Hoekstra.

https://today.tamu.edu/2020/06/24/texas-am-study-white-police-officers-use-force-more-often-than-non-white-colleagues/