Minneapolis is Burning

F250

On 8/4/2020 at 6:56 PM, GRHorn said:

Half of CR posters are lawyers. Some of y’all have to be trial lawyers. How does the video affect the chances of getting convictions for each of the defendants for their specific charges?

Negged for asking lawyers to post more.

• Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised to see this thread buried after what happened last night. Cops in Kenosha, WI (about 45 min south of Milwaukee, 45 min north of Chicago) shot a Black man seven times in the back as he was walking away from them. His three children were in the car.

I'm not going to post the video of the lynching because it is truly horrifying, but miraculously the man (Jacob Blake) is in serious but stable condition after successful surgery.   

There’s a lesson in the background behind this story. 

Even people sympathetic to your cause will instinctively resist if you try to intimidate or coerce them aggressively. Something to think about for the BLMers that actually want some change.  Your methods matter. 

• Fuck You 2

25 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

There’s a lesson in the background behind this story. 

Even people sympathetic to your cause will instinctively resist if you try to intimidate or coerce them aggressively. Something to think about for the BLMers that actually want some change.  Your methods matter. 

Interesting that at a supposed BLM protest, there are (1) suspiciously few black people and (2)someone front and center at the "protest" is wearing a MAGA hat.

48 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Interesting that at a supposed BLM protest, there are (1) suspiciously few black people and (2)someone front and center at the "protest" is wearing a MAGA hat.

You don’t have to have black people to have BLM protests. The whitest city in America is currently leading in that category. As far as the Maga hat, I can’t read clearly what it says. Could be one of those altered LeBron hats. In any case, this is a reporter for Surly CR approved WaPo so there’s no way he’s gotten any of it wrong. 

• Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

I share this only to show how combustible these situations can be. Not hard to see how it could go downhill. 

Yeah, anything can happen when a 17 year old dipshit white supremacist has his mommy drop him off at a protest fully armed and ready for action.

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Where are you getting that he’s a white supremacist?

I am assuming that, based on that fact white supremacists organized online to send people there to "keep the peace".  If he's not a white supremacist, he very likely went there at the invitation of white supremacists.

14 minutes ago, Dirk X West said:

I am assuming that, based on that fact white supremacists organized online to send people there to "keep the peace".  If he's not a white supremacist, he very likely went there at the invitation of white supremacists.

That’s a lot of assumptions. 

4 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

That’s a lot of assumptions. 

Many reports of Kyle posting white supremacist content online as well, but is your argument that it was OK for him to be transported across state lines by his mother and then to kill people with a weapon he was illegally carrying when he had no good reason to be there, as long as he isn't a white supremacist?

Just now, Dirk X West said:

Many reports of Kyle posting white supremacist content online as well, but is your argument that it was OK for him to be transported across state lines by his mother and then to kill people with a weapon he was illegally carrying when he had no good reason to be there, as long as he isn't a white supremacist?

I missed where I’ve said any Of that.

That was just a very specific label to place without any actual evidence. Maybe you can dig through all those reports and find something. 

He shouldn’t have been there. Whether he did anything criminal will be determined in court.

As part of such a chaotic scene I think there’s a decent chance that the story could change. It’s just a sad situation. 

• Fuck You 2

Just now, GRHorn said:

I missed where I’ve said any Of that.

That was just a very specific label to place without any actual evidence. Maybe you can dig through all those reports and find something. 

He shouldn’t have been there. Whether he did anything criminal will be determined in court.

As part of such a chaotic scene I think there’s a decent chance that the story could change. It’s just a sad situation. 

He took a gun to a protest with the intention of somehow instilling order.  A 17 year old, transported across state lines with a weapon he cannot legally carry in the state of Wisconsin.  This was not "a chaotic scene",  where "anything could happen".  This is, wtf was he even doing there?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Dirk X West said:

This is, wtf was he even doing there?

Exactly. And if he was my child, explaining that any good business does not need defending because they have basic property insurance that covers them for vandalism. Would it still suck to have your business looted and burned? Not as much as it would suck to bury a loved one. There is a time and a place for defense. This 'militia' was looking for "bad" trouble to get into under the guise of patriotism. While the police watched. Who do they protect? Who do they serve?

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Exactly. And if he was my child, explaining that any good business does not need defending because they have basic property insurance that covers them for vandalism. Would it still suck to have your business looted and burned? Not as much as it would suck to bury a loved one. There is a time and a place for defense. This 'militia' was looking for "bad" trouble to get into under the guise of patriotism. While the police watched. Who do they protect? Who do they serve?

67-B53-C6-C-12-F4-4237-8-C25-A94232-F5-E

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1