Minneapolis is Burning

F250

Awesome! No racism surrounding NASCAR. Maybe they'll go without a fan hiring a plane to pull the Confederate Flag at the next race. 

It is good that this was a misunderstanding because it being a real noose put there to intimidate him would be a really shitty thing to see in 2020. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 6

I'm glad the Bubba Wallace deal turned out to be a big nothing.

I mean, the plane flying the confederate flag over the track wasn't a big nothing, but I'm glad there was no noose, which would have been a terroristic threat.

Hey GR, any comment on the "poisoned" Shake Shack cops, when it turns out the union made up the whole fucking thing as some sort of "attack on cops?"  Because that wasn't a mistake -- it was a purposeful lie by [checks notes] more of our hero boys in blue, and the leadership of the boys in blue to boot.  Man, what horrible luck that they keep finding all these random, super-rare bad apples.

The three NYPD officers who were rumored to be poisoned by shakes from Shake Shack’s FiDi location last week never actually showed any symptoms of being sick, according to a new report from the New York Post. The whole incident, which went viral on Twitter and even caused Donald Trump Jr. to weigh in, was reportedly invented by a police labor union, though the motivations of those involved are still unclear.

The New York Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association originally alleged that three cops had been poisoned after drinking Shake Shack milkshakes tainted with a toxic substance. In interviews with police sources, though, the Post found that the officers had ordered their shakes via a mobile app, meaning that Shake Shack workers could not have known they were serving cops. Video footage from the store that day showed that the milkshake machine had been cleaned just before the cops’ order, which could indicate why the officers noticed an odd taste.

Regardless, the officers informed their superior about the taste, who then asked them to check into a hospital, and called for a crime scene to be setup at the Shake Shack location — without the officers exhibiting any noticeable symptoms of sickness. The officers were released from the hospital without any symptoms either, and the NYPD cleared Shake Shack employees of any wrongdoing later that evening. Separately, though, a lieutenant officer from the same precinct reportedly shot off an email to the police union saying the officers were throwing up — even though that never happened — prompting the union, in turn, to make the allegation about the poisoning. Throughout the course of the allegations, though, it appears that neither the supervising officers nor the union, waited for any conclusive evidence to make the charge against Shake Shack.

• Like 2

So, it’s supposedly a garage door pull?

And has been there almost a year?

Then why did no one from NASCAR know that? Why did it take them two days to figure out?

And lost in all this is that was Bubba’s crew that saw it and reported it - NOT Bubba.

So even though this appears to be a massive overreaction (or fuck up) by NASCAR, there are a bunch of right wingers who have been hollering about Jussie Smollett since Sunday.

Everything about this smells.

On 6/21/2020 at 11:37 PM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Noose found in Bubba Wallace's NASCAR garage stall. Wallace, if you don't know, is black. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/22/us/nascar-noose-bubba-wallace-spt-trnd/index.html

The Confederate Flag flying overhead with the "Defund Nascar"  banner is a nice touch.

tenor.gif

Edited by maninblack

57 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm glad the Bubba Wallace deal turned out to be a big nothing.

I mean, the plane flying the confederate flag over the track wasn't a big nothing, but I'm glad there was no noose, which would have been a terroristic threat.

Hey GR, any comment on the "poisoned" Shake Shack cops, when it turns out the union made up the whole fucking thing as some sort of "attack on cops?"  Because that wasn't a mistake -- it was a purposeful lie by [checks notes] more of our hero boys in blue, and the leadership of the boys in blue to boot.  Man, what horrible luck that they keep finding all these random, super-rare bad apples.

At this point all restaurants should refuse to serve cops as a precaution to avoid false claims like this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Then why did no one from NASCAR know that? Why did it take them two days to figure out?

And lost in all this is that was Bubba’s crew that saw it and reported it - NOT Bubba.

So even though this appears to be a massive overreaction (or fuck up) by NASCAR, there are a bunch of right wingers who have been hollering about Jussie Smollett since Sunday.

I agree that it smells. The story seemed too on the nose. And you had to assume that NASCAR has security cameras around their garage and something would be caught on tape. 

I didn’t know that Bubba’s crew reported it. But did he confirm it? You’d think he would want to see what was there, even if almost out of disbelief. 

Right wing people are all up in arms because it was such a questionable story from the beginning but media ran hard with it. It fit nicely with their agenda. It helped further rile up people. It’s one of their main functions now. 

As a story it was eerily reminiscent of LeBron’s supposed incident at Brentwood California home. The one that wasn’t caught on tape, where they supposedly cleaned the evidence before even calling police iirc. 

Edited by GRHorn
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I agree that it smells. The story seemed too on the nose. And you had to assume that NASCAR has security cameras around their garage and something would be caught on tape. 

I didn’t know that Bubba’s crew reported it. But did he confirm it? You’d think he would want to see what was there, even if almost out of disbelief. 

Right wing people are all up in arms because it was such a questionable story from the beginning but media ran hard with it. It fit nicely with their agenda. It helped further rile up people. It’s one of their main functions now. 

As a story it was eerily reminiscent of LeBron’s supposed incident at Brentwood California home. The one that wasn’t caught on tape, where they supposedly cleaned the evidence before even calling police iirc. 

Maybe we stop making the one black guy have to be the lightning rod for everything. I’m sure Wallace’s team has been getting an enormous amount of shit from racist cranks already. You had fucking people flying Confederate flags about the race track like Greg Davis is running the organization, and everyone’s on edge. People got excited and carried away, but it’s not like it ended in any sort of brutality unlike a lot of interactions I could mention. But, sure let’s try and funnel all shit on to Bubba instead, regardless of who reported and how the officials handled it.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I’d just like to draw everyone’s attention as to which “fake” stories in this thread GR is discussing and which ones he is conveniently ignoring.

You’re gonna need to help me out. 

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

You don’t even have to leave this page to see it man. 

No, you see, his trick only works if you make him address one thing at a time. See, he can rationalize and deflect things piecemeal that way. You’ll never get him to actually take in information comprehensively, weigh it all in the balance, and render commentary that’s fully informed by every idea that’s been presented. He’s not wired like that. None of these people are. Their brains are the house that cognitive dissonance built, and goldfish have longer attention spans. They only read just far enough to identify what shitty high school debate club tactic they can employ next. They will never examine their own ideas critically, just as they will never consider other competing ideas hypothetically.

They need to be in therapy. Instead, they’re ushering in Fascism 2.0.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Yeah badly, especially when you see the image of the big, bad, rope. I'd think if you're gonna put a noose in a guys stall you'd be using actual rope instead of a piece of clothesline twine hanging from the door handle........ just like all the other doors at all the other stalls. Yeah, something smells all right. 

12 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I’d just like to draw everyone’s attention as to which “fake” stories in this thread GR is discussing and which ones he is conveniently ignoring.

8 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

You don’t even have to leave this page to see it man. 

Are y’all talking about the fake tampon story? Yes, that is a bullshit, dumb story. Better?

But, how much national impact did it have compared to Bubba’s “noose”? I follow a number of right leaning twitter accounts, never saw the Starbucks cop tampon mentioned once. 

8 hours ago, ndawg said:

No, you see, his trick only works if you make him address one thing at a time. See, he can rationalize and deflect things piecemeal that way. You’ll never get him to actually take in information comprehensively, weigh it all in the balance, and render commentary that’s fully informed by every idea that’s been presented. He’s not wired like that. None of these people are. Their brains are the house that cognitive dissonance built, and goldfish have longer attention spans. They only read just far enough to identify what shitty high school debate club tactic they can employ next. They will never examine their own ideas critically, just as they will never consider other competing ideas hypothetically.

They need to be in therapy. Instead, they’re ushering in Fascism 2.0.

Ah yes, Fascism 2.0.  Is that the world where Trump has total control of the narrative and the media so he’s able to silence ALL critics? Where any protest or dissent in the streets is swiftly crushed? Where he unilaterally pushes through his agenda, while being immune to any checks and balances?  Because if so, then yeah we’re totally almost there man. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

• Fuck You 1

31 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Because GR needs some help, they want you to address the shake shack story. You and maninblack coming in with a side eye and smirk with one instance that counters the broader point, is a bit disingenuous. 

Ok. I vaguely remember that so I looked it up. Cops faked getting poisoned milkshakes at shake shack. Shameful. I’m against bad cops and them making shit up. 

I put the Bubba noose story on this thread because it seemed like the best place for it to go. 

Hopefully people will wait and see on things more because of suspect stories like Bubba and Shake Shack. I’m skeptical. 

• Fuck You 1

47 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Man, it is just so odd that those right-wing twitter accounts that you follow are really tracking the Bubba Watson story but aren't alerting you to the cops-faking-illness story. I guess it will forever be a mystery about why you are only getting select news stories.

raw

6 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah badly, especially when you see the image of the big, bad, rope. I'd think if you're gonna put a noose in a guys stall you'd be using actual rope instead of a piece of clothesline twine hanging from the door handle........ just like all the other doors at all the other stalls. Yeah, something smells all right. 

Seems like you've put some real thought into best practices for how to threaten black people.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Man, it is just so odd that those right-wing twitter accounts that you follow are really tracking the Bubba Watson story but aren't alerting you to the cops-faking-illness story. I guess it will forever be a mystery about why you are only getting select news stories.

I follow a good number of left leaning outlets and commentators. If you don’t follow people you disagree with, then you’re doing it wrong. 

I mean holy fuck, I choose to interact on a forum where 99% of posters hate me.  You’re right I really live in a bubble.  🙄 

That story was several days ago. Guess I lost it in all the riots etc. 

Edited by GRHorn
  • Fuck You 1

19 hours ago, GRHorn said:

If you replace media with Donald Trump, suddenly your statement makes actual sense.

How strange to have to doubt every reliable source of information to protect a warped perspective adopted from a vacant, malign political movement. Pitiful.

Then there are the things you hand select to believe and share with such certaintly. They get shot down, but that has no impact on you.

You've made yourself argument- and truth-proof. 

Thanks for your part in sending our country into a death spiral.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2020 at 1:03 PM, Bruh Man said:

Never heard of this story of Elijah McClain. 23 yr old black man killed by Aurora Police a few months ago while walking home. Dude would spent his free time playing music for homeless kittens.

Video of part of the incident is below. One of the cops is caught on camera telling another cop to cover their body camera. Nobody charged, nobody suspended, all officers still on the job. 

EZ3jcXTWAAIw21N?format=png&name=medium

Video of the incident:

I just learned about this today. That video man, Elijah comes off with the demeanor of a Disney character. I don't know but I learned about this this morning and it just hit me different. 

I think in the report the police said they saw him reach down when they confronted him but the video seems to show him having a bag in one hand and a white item in his other hand (presumably his phone). The cop just bullies him really, like... what the fuck man.

This one hurt.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

I just learned about this today. That video man, Elijah comes off with the demeanor of a Disney character. I don't know but I learned about this this morning and it just hit me different. 

I think in the report the police said they saw him reach down when they confronted him but the video seems to show him having a bag in one hand and a white item in his other hand (presumably his phone). The cop just bullies him really, like... what the fuck man.

This one hurt.

It really doesn't matter if the victim of the police is an actual criminal. It's bullying/assault/murder on someone who is defenseless.

This man seems like one of those good souls who makes the world better. It does hurt to think of him, like Floyd, feeling darkness coming on while face down on the ground and unable to move your arms. That is a situation that makes my stomach churn just thinking about it.

All over facebook, I'm seeing people shouting their love and support for the police. TV brainwashes us. I'm white and I've gotten plenty of breaks from the cops. It took me quite a while to open my eyes. Sad.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, vtaenz said:

This one hurt.

So I missed this the first time around and then you quoting it brought it to my attention.

like you said, man that's hurtful and incredibly sad.  fuck. 

edit:  the more i read about this one, goddamn. i'm getting emotional.

Edited by MC Fresh Breath
  • Like 1

So I missed this the first time around and then you quoting it brought it to my attention.
like you said, man that's hurtful and incredibly sad.  fuck. 

edit:  the more i read about this one, goddamn. i'm getting emotional.

I've been pretty numb with most of everything, even the really tragic stuff but this one just hits in a different way.
Everything about it sucks.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

If you replace media with Donald Trump, suddenly your statement makes actual sense.

How strange to have to doubt every reliable source of information to protect a warped perspective adopted from a vacant, malign political movement. Pitiful.

Then there are the things you hand select to believe and share with such certaintly. They get shot down, but that has no impact on you.

You've made yourself argument- and truth-proof. 

Thanks for your part in sending our country into a death spiral.

How do you go from people doubting a story that is on its face questionable, to doubting every reliable source of info to protect their perspective. They were proved correct in this case. It was a stupid fucking story. Just like Jussie or LeBron or cops’ milkshakes getting poisoned. 

I think everyone in today’s age of endless and constant information would do better to practice some skepticism. You can be fed anything at any time and you should wonder why it’s coming to your attention in that moment. Why are these old killings coming up now? To keep the fight for equality going? To distract from something else? In my conspiratorial mind, I’d say we just experienced a transfer of wealth of trillions of dollars and now would be a great time to have the plebs concerned with fighting each other when in reality both sides of the establishment just pulled a real fucking fast one on every one of us. You and I have more in common than either of us do with leaders on the left or right.  But whatever. That probably sounds crazy. 

As far as me helping send my country in a death spiral goes, any country that would even consider electing someone like Trump President is damaged in a significant way already. How it got there or who’s responsible is up for debate, but it’s the truth.  Here’s a dirty little part of it. The media that shouldn’t be doubted ran interference for previous elites on both sides. 

Also, have you considered her emails?  

🤪

4 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

How do you go from people doubting a story that is on its face questionable, to doubting every reliable source of info to protect their perspective. They were proved correct in this case. It was a stupid fucking story. Just like Jussie or LeBron or cops’ milkshakes getting poisoned. 

I think everyone in today’s age of endless and constant information would do better to practice some skepticism. You can be fed anything at any time and you should wonder why it’s coming to your attention in that moment. Why are these old killings coming up now? To keep the fight for equality going? To distract from something else? In my conspiratorial mind, I’d say we just experienced a transfer of wealth of trillions of dollars and now would be a great time to have the plebs concerned with fighting each other when in reality both sides of the establishment just pulled a real fucking fast one on every one of us. You and I have more in common than either of us do with leaders on the left or right.  But whatever. That probably sounds crazy. 

As far as me helping send my country in a death spiral goes, any country that would even consider electing someone like Trump President is damaged in a significant way already. How it got there or who’s responsible is up for debate, but it’s the truth.  Here’s a dirty little part of it. The media that shouldn’t be doubted ran interference for previous elites on both sides. 

Also, have you considered her emails?  

🤪

Who said "the media shouldn't be doubted?" The issue is believing doubtful media and ignoring credible media outlets. I've accused the TV news media of laziness, stupidity, and incompetence many times. Only FOX and OAN seem malignant.

I've maybe negged you once. I don't think you're stupid. In some ways, that's the problem. I understand stupid people combing the hate sheets looking for anything in print to keep their dander up. I don't understand intelligent people doing it.

You do indeed bring crazy stories to light that do get shot down. You then state that you read many sources and accuse your questioners of being slaves to mainstream news. You denounce Trump, but your initial posts never, as far as I recall, shed a poor light on him or the criminal organization that calls itself the GOP. 

Except for your retreats, you're pretty much on board with the Trumpists as far as your actions can be read. It makes you an amateur political operative. Professional operatives get a price for their integrity when they sign on to lie and distort or do anything to justify an end. I'm mystified by individuals who do the same thing for nothing.

Anyway, have a nice evening.

• Like 1

Siap on the defund the police thread, but give me the fucking argument against this. Explain to me how Democratic leaders actually care about the issue tearing our country apart, but are unwilling to work on a solution. The vast majority of people understand that being a black American means poor treatment by the police. 

So why not take 70-80% of what you want now to help people? Instead of waiting until 2021 to help people?

Edited by GRHorn

7 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Amendments need 60 votes to be added. There are not 13 Republican Senators who will vote yes on any amendment because McConnell.

Ok so again.  Don’t let the vote go forward because you’ll only 70% of what you want? Let Black Americans suffer until January for political purposes? 

Also might as well put them on record for voting against amendments that you consider common sense slam dunks.